No announcement yet.

Carlos Carvalhal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just noticing this now but apparently signed with Al Wahda FC in the UAE Pro League.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

I'm just noticing this now but apparently signed with Al Wahda FC in the UAE Pro League.
      Really?

Damn, Kateb should have been calling for the other Carlos for TM

Comment

Once 2026 is over and we are done with Ghaleneoi, and in a parallel universe where IR is on its way out (unlikely, I know), I really hope we can get this guy.

I'm kinda hoping his Olympiacos team doesn't beat Fiorentina in the conference so he doesn't become too expensive.

He follows Iranian football, he's got a great eye for talent, he's genuinely a nice guy who fans love even his former teams (https://twitter.com/carloscarvalha2/...58953134637074)

The guy just brings passion to every team, I just can't imagine how much he could experience this in Iran
        https://www.theguardian.com/football...al-new-manager

He is one of the two Carloses who rescued Taremi's career, but I was so interested with how much he knew about iranian football in 2018 punditry

After Taremi's first game at Rio Ave: "“He is an exceptional footballer. He works in spaces very well, he supports his team-mates perfectly, he is good in aerial duels and he is good finisher."

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          Once 2026 is over and we are done with Ghaleneoi, and in a parallel universe where IR is on its way out (unlikely, I know), I really hope we can get this guy.

I'm kinda hoping his Olympiacos team doesn't beat Fiorentina in the conference so he doesn't become too expensive.

He follows Iranian football, he's got a great eye for talent, he's genuinely a nice guy who fans love even his former teams (https://twitter.com/carloscarvalha2/...58953134637074)

The guy just brings passion to every team, I just can't imagine how much he could experience this in Iran
          https://www.theguardian.com/football...al-new-manager

He is one of the two Carloses who rescued Taremi's career, but I was so interested with how much he knew about iranian football in 2018 punditry

After Taremi's first game at Rio Ave: "“He is an exceptional footballer. He works in spaces very well, he supports his team-mates perfectly, he is good in aerial duels and he is good finisher."

I think he was sacked by Olympiacos, no?
          Formerly known as Cameronse

Comment

Originally posted by Bezan Ziresh View Post

I think he was sacked by Olympiacos, no?
            Yep, my bad

So he's a free agent

Comment

Doubt our incompetent IFF even knows who this guy is
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

havent closely followed this guy's whole coaching career all too closely but his influence and work at Rio Ave seemed absolutely brilliant during Mehdi's maiden season in portugal..!!
                so mostly based on that spell, i've always highly rated this guy as a vastly underrated tactician..!!

yet also sense that similar to CQ he is also a bit of a hotthead who doesnt put up with bs and clashes head with mgmt often...? perhaps biggest reason why he gets around so much and doesnt last all too long in his coaching jobs..?

nonetheless take him in any condition over GN any day of the week..!!

of all the more realistic TM coaching options, he may be the Top choice option for me to teach TM to Finally learn how to play as an organized Unit and especially so on the ever elusive proper Team Passing game ..!!

Comment

He is my long term number 1 target.

guy is a great coach and excellent character on human level as well.

dont even think he would cost that much in the grand scheme of things, for sure much less than CQ profile coach

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    He is my long term number 1 target.

guy is a great coach and excellent character on human level as well.

dont even think he would cost that much in the grand scheme of things, for sure much less than CQ profile coach
                    Doesn't seem like the kind of guy who can stay still and enjoy the lulls in international football.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Doesn't seem like the kind of guy who can stay still and enjoy the lulls in international football.
                      He is a younger coach but he’s had plenty of club experiences in top leagues now.

chance to lead a team with interesting talent base and huge fan base to WC for one cycle will be quite attractive…plus he is familiar with Iranian players already.

obviously in current climate foreign coach is a no go but things can change fast.

Comment

He is one of the only coaches where fans of his former teams absolutely love him

Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea fans on twitter despite his actual performance being poor with both clubs lol!

It's his pure football passion which gets people going - it's a rare commodity. I genuinely think he and TM would be a match made in heaven

Comment

But we all know there is no way IFF would remove GN at least for the time being

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X