WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

no politics allowed really means no anti-IR, pro-democracy allowed …

leftist hypocrisy. But Pallywood is always allowed
    so which staff is pro-IR exactly? Me, Webmaster, Essi, Leviathan, Adessor? could you please be more specific? What do you know about me personally and my activities outside of PFDC?

And if you have any problem you are free to leave, I am not sure how we can get you and a few others to understand that we got threads specifically about the situation in Iran so stop your nagging.

In regards to Palestine, I think we have many people here who are pro-Israel as well as pro-Paletsinte, it is mixed with the Iranian community. Offside posted a link to an event that happened on the pitch and he isn't constantly posting about Palestine/ Israel and trying to change the subjects. People are free to wave and cheer Palestinian, Israeli, or Zimbabwean flags as much as I care. All we want is to be able to read and communicate about specific subjects in their own designated forums and threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post

so which staff is pro-IR exactly? Me, Webmaster, Essi, Leviathan, Adessor? could you please be more specific? What do you know about me personally and my activities outside of PFDC?

And if you have any problem you are free to leave, I am not sure how we can get you and a few others to understand that we got threads specifically about the situation in Iran so stop your nagging.

In regards to Palestine, I think we have many people here who are pro-Israel as well as pro-Paletsinte, it is mixed with the Iranian community. Offside posted a link to an event that happened on the pitch and he isn't constantly posting about Palestine/ Israel and trying to change the subjects. People are free to wave and cheer Palestinian, Israeli, or Zimbabwean flags as much as I care. All we want is to be able to read and communicate about specific subjects in their own designated forums and threads.
      What??? I was not referring to anyone but to the content of the post!! I cannot believe that's what you got out of it. I think you have a gripe with me because I was referring to the post no one else (and especially no mods on this board! how did you get this?? I was referring to FIFA/Qatar 2022 hypocrisy).

I am talking about Qatar/FIFA "no-politics" allowed but they only mean no anti-IR allowed because we saw plenty of Palestinian politics there. I was in Qatar and every politics was allowed except for "Women. Life. Freedom" ... How did you make this about mods or yourself? You are twisting my words and misrepresenting them. I was referring to no one and especially no one on this board - I was referring to FIFA's hypocritical policies which I saw first-hand on the ground.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

To be fair, displaying the Palestinian flag (which is internationally recognized) is not controversial throughout the world (except for US/Israel and some random Pacific Island countries...maybe Germany?). It's no different than displaying any recognized flag in the stands (I even saw an India flag in the stands), though the Moroccan players chose to bring it on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

To be fair, displaying the Palestinian flag (which is internationally recognized) is not controversial throughout the world (except for US/Israel and some random Pacific Island countries...maybe Germany?). It's no different than displaying any recognized flag in the stands (I even saw an India flag in the stands), though the Moroccan players chose to bring it on the field.
          And that's fine. I have sympathies with their plight too (but not the politics behind it, if that makes sense).

But the only "no-politics" thing at FIFA/Qatar 2022 was "Women. Life. Freedom" and "LGBTQ+" stuff. They are selective in their politics and it's frustrating. We even spoke to some Israeli journalists there (only Iranians were being nice to the Israeli reporters in Qatar). Frankly, in a free Iran, we should be friends with everyone or at least have diplomatic relations. We are no one's enemies.
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Pro Palestine and Pro Iran protests should not be mutually exclusive

Many Palestinian activists have been very vocal about supporting the movement in Iran and condemned the government's crackdown

People will say, well, the Palestinians don't like Iran and their gov support Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war. Is that really a good reason to not care about the kids in concentration camps in Gaza?

And we wonder why the other countries don't speak up for Iran- we are never around for their struggles when they happen

Comment

Its qatar bro , arab country which supports palestine. Also palestinian flag is recognized so i don't see how its against the rules .

Also i remember back in 2014 brazil WC they didn't allow our fans to carry shiro khorshid flag to the stadium. It was the same for russia 2018 . There are actuall videos of that (from brazil).

Its fifa rules.

In all honesty i thik qatar has done a fantastic job . People said it was gonna be shit but the reviews from people that visited the country has been great. Too bad i didn't get the chance to visit .

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

And we wonder why the other countries don't speak up for Iran- we are never around for their struggles when they happen
                This is just not true. Palestinians are no more special than any other people. I would love to see these scores of Palestinians rooting for freedom in Iran. Most of what I see is Palestinian and Pakistani proregime people upset that their funds or their example of Islamic government may fall. Iranians always speak up for the rights of others and were disproportionately on the side of the BLM protesters just as recently as well.

Will keep it short to limit political discussion but Iranians have always been there to support others at a much higher rate and less hypocritically than other nations.

1) Iran was on the right side of history vs South Africa's apartheid regime.

2) Iran was one one of the first to send aid to Bosnian Muslims being genocided despite them being Sunni Muslims(do you see it ever reciprocated?).

3)Iran took Hundreds of thousands of Afghan refugees after the US's irresponsible invasion.

4) Iran was one of the countries that took Polish refugees and Jews after the Holocaust and watched out for them until they were ready to relocated home(or to Israel).

5) Iran was one of the countries that took Armenian refugees after the Armenian genocide and commemorates it annually.

6) Despite the obvious political gains for the regime, Iran did help Iraq deal with ISIS which indirectly probably saved many women and girls from worse fates.

7) Iran was the first nation to recognize Pakistan's independence as well.

8) We also have the civility to be one of the only civilizations on Earth to protect the Jews and let them return to their homeland to build their temple.

9) Since you mentioned how Palestinians lined up to fight for Saddam for free, I'll also mention that the POWs we took were treated much better than the ones they took from us.

Comment

Many of bullet points you listed are correct but they are related to government policy. Sorry I should've clarified - my statement applies to Iranians in the diaspora. I think most Iranians in the diaspora are actually pretty self absorbed, unfortunately, and I'm doubtful the majority supported BLM and choose to stay apolitical unless it directly effects them.

Many Palestinians in the diaspora dislike IR. They see IR as using their issue for political gain. Noura Erakat, a high profile Palestinian lawyer has been vocal in support of the protests in Iran

A lot of Iranians in the US love to fit into the American category of what is permissible and don't toe out of those lines set for them. They crave acceptance

Palestine is a pretty egregious issue. Not worse than Yemen but it's an occupation and a million kids are in an open air jail in Gaza as we speak. Don't see many Iranians in the diaspora care outside of a handful​

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

This is just not true. Palestinians are no more special than any other people. I would love to see these scores of Palestinians rooting for freedom in Iran. Most of what I see is Palestinian and Pakistani proregime people upset that their funds or their example of Islamic government may fall. Iranians always speak up for the rights of others and were disproportionately on the side of the BLM protesters just as recently as well.

Will keep it short to limit political discussion but Iranians have always been there to support others at a much higher rate and less hypocritically than other nations.

1) Iran was on the right side of history vs South Africa's apartheid regime.

2) Iran was one one of the first to send aid to Bosnian Muslims being genocided despite them being Sunni Muslims(do you see it ever reciprocated?).

3)Iran took Hundreds of thousands of Afghan refugees after the US's irresponsible invasion.

4) Iran was one of the countries that took Polish refugees and Jews after the Holocaust and watched out for them until they were ready to relocated home(or to Israel).

5) Iran was one of the countries that took Armenian refugees after the Armenian genocide and commemorates it annually.

6) Despite the obvious political gains for the regime, Iran did help Iraq deal with ISIS which indirectly probably saved many women and girls from worse fates.

7) Iran was the first nation to recognize Pakistan's independence as well.

8) We also have the civility to be one of the only civilizations on Earth to protect the Jews and let them return to their homeland to build their temple.

9) Since you mentioned how Palestinians lined up to fight for Saddam for free, I'll also mention that the POWs we took were treated much better than the ones they took from us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                    Many of bullet points you listed are correct but they are related to government policy. Sorry I should've clarified - my statement applies to Iranians in the diaspora. I think most Iranians in the diaspora are actually pretty self absorbed, unfortunately, and I'm doubtful the majority supported BLM and choose to stay apolitical unless it directly effects them.

Many Palestinians in the diaspora dislike IR. They see IR as using their issue for political gain. Noura Erakat, a high profile Palestinian lawyer has been vocal in support of the protests in Iran

A lot of Iranians in the US love to fit into the American category of what is permissible and don't toe out of those lines set for them. They crave acceptance

Palestine is a pretty egregious issue. Not worse than Yemen but it's an occupation and a million kids are in an open air jail in Gaza as we speak. Don't see many Iranians in the diaspora care outside of a handful​

More than one factor plays into these things. In Europe, the diaspora will be split on the Palestinian issue. In the US, you have a portion of the diaspora(Jews) who will be steadfast against and more vocal. Iranians in the US who are there because of the actions of IR will oppose anything IR supports unfortunately(the random 20 days of Team Melli, Palestine etc). As for them being accepted, I would rather Iranians be known for adjusting to their lives abroad while keeping their culture then trying to keep an Iranian ghetto in a new country. Not politically correct to say, but Iranians are some of the least troubling of immigrants in the US/Europe. The other groups of immigrants in Europe are worse.

Anyway back to WC. Would be interesting to see what happens in Belgiu/Spain/Portugal if Morocco wins on Saturday
                    Last edited by perspolis#1; 12-09-2022, 05:54 AM. Reason: Iranians>

Comment

Sounds good, we'll end the politics here. Good discussion 👍🏼

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

More than one factor plays into these things. In Europe, the diaspora will be split on the Palestinian issue. In the US, you have a portion of the diaspora(Jews) who will be steadfast against and more vocal. Iranians in the US who are there because of the actions of IR will oppose anything IR supports unfortunately(the random 20 days of Team Melli, Palestine etc). As for them being accepted, I would rather Iranians be known for adjusting to their lives abroad while keeping their culture then trying to keep an Iranian ghetto in a new country. Not politically correct to say, but Iranians are some of the least troubling of immigrants in the US. The European ones are worse.

Anyway back to WC. Would be interesting to see what happens in Belgiu/Spain/Portugal if Morocco wins on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

He's from Montreal. Speaks French.
                        Perhaps the Habs need a new goalie after Price's social media issues the past few days ?
                        Haha, that is what my work colleague was saying lol
                        He born here and moved back to Morocco apparently
                        Their squad is full of Moroccans born aboard.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

As an swedish iranian let me tell you some basic facts about us Perspolisno1 agha. I dont know where you reside but at least for sweden you are incorrect and uninformed about this troublesome remark. I dont say this to be defensive against criticism or anything like that. Troublesome is the last thing we are.

Let me tell you some statistics about iranians in Sweden. We have like ten times more representation in the swedish parliament than our population size. We have had 4 different iranian ministers the recent mandate periods. We have a party leader in left party. We have representation across the whole political spectrum.

Recent statistic shows iranians in sweden are 7.5 percentage points more educated than "native" swedes. We are the most educated group in Sweden. The only countries that surpass us in this regard are immigrant from some countries that migrate from for example east asia for specific jobs and are transient.

We had lower employment rate than some immigrant groups and swedes historically. But surveys and investigations found out it was foremost educated first generation iranian men with high education that were heavily discriminated on the labour market. Same men in due time took jobs as cab drivers and many became small business owners etcetera. This is changing ultra fast and we need to recognize what our fathers went through. Ive seen it, as have many other iranians.

Crime rate amongst swedish iranians is as low or lower than amongst swedish citizens.

In all departments there is a general consensus that swedish iranians have fare really well in swedish society.

Now because we are not shah of sunset types (no pun against normal iranian-americans) we are troublesome?

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                            As an swedish iranian let me tell you some basic facts about us Perspolisno1 agha. I dont know where you reside but at least for sweden you are incorrect and uninformed about this troublesome remark. I dont say this to be defensive against criticism or anything like that. Troublesome is the last thing we are.

Let me tell you some statistics about iranians in Sweden. We have like ten times more representation in the swedish parliament than our population size. We have had 4 different iranian ministers the recent mandate periods. We have a party leader in left party. We have representation across the whole political spectrum.

Recent statistic shows iranians in sweden are 7.5 percentage points more educated than "native" swedes. We are the most educated group in Sweden. The only countries that surpass us in this regard are immigrant from some countries that migrate from for example east asia for specific jobs and are transient.

We had lower employment rate than some immigrant groups and swedes historically. But surveys and investigations found out it was foremost educated first generation iranian men with high education that were heavily discriminated on the labour market. Same men in due time took jobs as cab drivers and many became small business owners etcetera. This is changing ultra fast and we need to recognize what our fathers went through. Ive seen it, as have many other iranians.

Crime rate amongst swedish iranians is as low or lower than amongst swedish citizens.

In all departments there is a general consensus that swedish iranians have fare really well in swedish society.

Now because we are not shah of sunset types (no pun against normal iranian-americans) we are troublesome?
                            What you say is true for iranians living almost everywhere. They are more educated, less troublesome, more wealthy than the average of every population they live with. Iranians are very easy to "integrate" to almost all types of societies as they tend to respect and adapt quite quickly to other cultures.

The only problem we have with iranians is when you mix them together, they tend to behave more badly towards each other than with foreigners

Iranians are usually extremely intelligent and competent but they become rather stupid when it comes to their own country, all nuances and ability to analyze tend to disappear. They become suddenly sectarian, ideologically oriented, simplistic, naive and quite intolerant with alternative views.

Comment

Originally posted by maly3648 View Post

What you say is true for iranians living almost everywhere. They are more educated, less troublesome, more wealthy than the average of every population they live with. Iranians are very easy to "integrate" to almost all types of societies as they tend to respect and adapt quite quickly to other cultures.

The only problem we have with iranians is when you mix them together, they tend to behave more badly towards each other than with foreigners

Iranians are usually extremely intelligent and competent but they become rather stupid when it comes to their own country, all nuances and ability to analyze tend to disappear. They become suddenly sectarian, ideologically oriented, simplistic, naive and quite intolerant with alternative views.
                              Contrary to most of other immigrants, I feel most of Iranians that go to the west are the most educated. The least one can't immigrate easily.

come back to football, WC22 showed us Tika Taka and slow motion players era like Riquelme, Shojaei.. is over. Defenders are quite speedy now, we need explosive wingers (unlike Jahanbakhsh).

Iran has quite lot of (too much) fans of Barcelona, Real and Spain. I hope we won't copy paste their wrong style in our football

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

I was so confused as to what I said that bothered you and then reread my post. I didnt mean to say European Iranian immigrants. I was referring to the groups of immigrants in Europe that don't assimilate(some Moroccan, some Pakistani etc). I know Iranians are able of assimilating excellently anywhere they go Europe, US, Asia included. Sorry about that mixup.

Comment

Working...
                                X