X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Please no vuvuzela!
    How much for the hotel and the flight?
    Bring earplugs aziz . You think Iran beat Morocco by chance?! I like to think I was a part of that win ... Regardless, we gotta keep up with our reputation of being loud. We have to play our part in beating the anglophones.

Flight is $3000, but I am going off to a 3rd country in the middle of the tournament. All on Qatar airways, all non-stop. I found hotels for $300/night for the first part, and via Marriott points for second part.

Comment

I say skipp the Vuvu and bring..
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVzf1-AXH8I
      or
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSt8mHbRup4

tip: play both videos at the same time,
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

The only thing I could find on this was via this Twitter video: https://twitter.com/roadto2022/statu...67044316758016
        "electronic, mechanical or manual instruments producing noise (including vuvuzelas) that are larger than 120cm. "
        (that's why the ones I posted are 7cm)

Comment

This is the twitter account of the group that wants Team Melli banned from World Cup.
          https://twitter.com/openStadiums?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If anyone creates a petition addressing FIFA to not ban Team Melli in the World Cup, once you create the petition please post the link in persianfootball.com so all supporters of Team Melli can put down their name.

Team Melli supporters should not allow Openstadiums to be successful like Esmaileon and his collaborators who managed to cancel Canada-Iran friendly.

Keep in mind that if ever FIFA bans Team Melli from World Cup, most likely UAE will replace Iran. Another Arab country who refuses to use "Persian Gulf" name and also claims three Iranian Islands Abu Musa, Greater and
          Lesser Tunb Islands as its own. The same country that protects, supports and hosts members of Al-Ahwazi Separatists organizations.

If any Iranian is a Persian Patriot or United Iran would never ever backstab by calling for a ban on Team Melli from the World Cup. Iranians have had enough of Arabparasts and Iranophobic Arab Ultra-nationalists.
          Long Live Iranvej. Persian Gulf Forever.

Banning Iran from World Cup will make Arab countries, enemies of Iran and separatist groups happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post
            This is the twitter account of the group that wants Team Melli banned from World Cup.
            https://twitter.com/openStadiums?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

If anyone creates a petition addressing FIFA to not ban Team Melli in the World Cup, once you create the petition please post the link in persianfootball.com so all supporters of Team Melli can put down their name.

Team Melli supporters should not allow Openstadiums to be successful like Esmaileon and his collaborators who managed to cancel Canada-Iran friendly.

Keep in mind that if ever FIFA bans Team Melli from World Cup, most likely UAE will replace Iran. Another Arab country who refuses to use "Persian Gulf" name and also claims three Iranian Islands Abu Musa, Greater and
            Lesser Tunb Islands as its own. The same country that protects, supports and hosts members of Al-Ahwazi Separatists organizations.

If any Iranian is a Persian Patriot or United Iran would never ever backstab by calling for a ban on Team Melli from the World Cup. Iranians have had enough of Arabparasts and Iranophobic Arab Ultra-nationalists.
            Long Live Iranvej. Persian Gulf Forever.

Banning Iran from World Cup will make Arab countries, enemies of Iran and separatist groups happy.
            You have a World Cup, merely miles away from the borders of Iran, a historical first, where Iranian women can come and freely support, cheer, and watch Team Melli ... and what do they want to do? Take that right way from women.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
              I have full empathy with people who've lost loved ones due to the situation, as many of us know someone who has.
              However, just because someone lost a family member due to a tragedy caused by government, doesn't mean it's ok for them to just call for all sports and atheletes to be banned - it's insane to be honest, and INCREDIBLY SELF-CENTERED
              Calling a guy who lost his wife and child "INCREDIBLY SELF-CENTRED" ... I mean....

And if it's insane, I would be insane if I lost my whole life and love just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                Calling a guy who lost his wife and child "INCREDIBLY SELF-CENTRED" ... I mean....
                And if it's insane, I would be insane if I lost my whole life and love just like that.
                Who's calling anyone insane because they lost someone???

I said it's insane to expect all football players to ruin their careers and be banned from world cup because you lost someone....especially when it's not their fault and they don't support these injustices.

What an odd way to interpret what I said lolll

Comment

Originally posted by a_ronaghi View Post
                  You have a World Cup, merely miles away from the borders of Iran, a historical first, where Iranian women can come and freely support, cheer, and watch Team Melli ... and what do they want to do? Take that right way from women.
                  That's why I keep saying such people who push for ban are either mentally deranged, enemies of Iran nation and people, or backstabbing traitors. However, a lot of people in this forum get upset at me using such words specially traitor. How many times Iranian athletes and people should suffer because of "Zarbeh be Khodi". No other nationalities in the World do that to their own national teams or athletes. It is absolutely absurd.

Banning Team Melli from World Cup does absolutely nothing for human rights, women rights, gender equality or forcing the regime to change. Those who benefit will be IRI who will be more than happy if Team Melli is not at the World Cup, Separatists groups, Arab countries and any other country who feels envious towards Iran or have a deep hatred towards Iran nation (culture, language and people).

Comment

Who's calling anyone insane because they lost someone???

I said it's insane to expect all football players to ruin their careers and be banned from world cup because you lost someone....especially when it's not their fault and they don't support these injustices.

What an odd way to interpret what I said lolll
                    I agree with you. Unfortunately, on this forum there are many members who either misinterpret contents of posts or are just very stubborn and pushy who want to force others to accept their views. With Iranians it's always "My way or Highway". That is why I keep saying that Iranians unfortunately can live under authoritarian regimes whatever form it may be, whether Theocratic, Absolute Monarchy, Military or Communist or other dictatorships. History has shown that in Iran, those who think different get silenced, ostracized, imprisoned, tortured or killed.

Comment

That's why I keep saying such people who push for ban are either mentally deranged, enemies of Iran nation and people, or backstabbing traitors. However, a lot of people in this forum get upset at me using such words specially traitor. How many times Iranian athletes and people should suffer because of "Zarbeh be Khodi". No other nationalities in the World do that to their own national teams or athletes. It is absolutely absurd.
                      Banning Team Melli from World Cup does absolutely nothing for human rights, women rights, gender equality or forcing the regime to change. Those who benefit will be IRI who will be more than happy if Team Melli is not at the World Cup, Separatists groups, Arab countries and any other country who feels envious towards Iran or have a deep hatred towards Iran nation (culture, language and people).
                      Yes, I've also been saying that those calling for a ban are simply delusional and / or self centred.

They either think boycotting will bring revolution (hilarious thought, because winning matches at world cup will bring people together more)

Or they think that because they've lost someone due to the tragedies, nobody else should be able to continue their lives and careers, even if it's an unrelated matter.

It's gotten so ridiculous that I'm just going to stay away from these discussions as much as I can lolll....hard to stay away from this great forum!

Comment

Yes, I've also been saying that those calling for a ban are simply delusional and / or self centred.

They either think boycotting will bring revolution (hilarious thought, because winning matches at world cup will bring people together more)

Or they think that because they've lost someone due to the tragedies, nobody else should be able to continue their lives and careers, even if it's an unrelated matter.

It's gotten so ridiculous that I'm just going to stay away from these discussions as much as I can lolll....hard to stay away from this great forum!

Just to confirm, you think Hamed Esmaeilion is delusional and self-centred?

Comment

Malicious Iranian organizations who are asking for FIFA to ban Team Melli are increasing by numbers.Always ready to punish innocent Iranian people, Team Melli players who have nothing to do with what is happening in Iran or happend in Iran!!! such a move does absolutely nothing for human rights, women's rights, gender equality in Iran. Absurd!

Here is a recent article mentioning "United for Navid":

Published October 6, 2022 10:17am EDT
                          As Iran targets athletes over mounting protests, group calls for FIFA to ban regime from World Cup
                          Ahead of US soccer match with Iran, the Islamic Republic clamps down on athletes who support protests for women's rights
                          By Benjamin Weinthal | Fox News

Iranian journalist Masih Alinejad rips Biden admin for pursuing nuclear deal

Iranian journalist and activist Masih Alinejad joins 'America's Newsroom' as protests continue to erupt in Iran after a woman was killed for violating the dress code and rips the Biden administration for backing the Iran Nuclear Deal.

The Iranian diaspora athletic organization, United for Navid, over the past week sent letters to FIFA, the world's governing body of soccer, and to the International Olympic Committee (IOC), urging the suspension of Iran’s regime from sports competition due to Tehran’s violent crackdown on athletes amid protests against the autocrat state.

United for Navid asked Mattias Grafström, the FIFA deputy secretary general, to boot Iran from international competition, including the upcoming November World Cup in Qatar.

"FIFA has banned Russia from participating in international competitions because of its invasion of Ukraine and its violation of human rights. We respect this stance that FIFA has taken and that it will not tolerate the senseless killing and torturing of thousands of innocent civilians. We Iranian athletes ask that you apply the same to the Islamic Republic of Iran," wrote United for Navid.

The sports organization added "Iran is brutally killing and torturing protestors and is oppressing women by criminalizing watching football [soccer] or showing a few strands of hair. FIFA’s silence is an endorsement of these human rights violations."

IRANIAN AUTHORITIES ARREST CELEBRITIES, ARTISTS, FOREIGN NATIONALS DURING PROTEST CRACKDOWN: REPORT
                          Protesters make fire and block the street during a protest over the death of a woman who was detained by the morality police, in downtown Tehran, Iran.

Protesters make fire and block the street during a protest over the death of a woman who was detained by the morality police, in downtown Tehran, Iran. (Associated Press)

Iran finds itself in the same grouping as the United States in the World Cup. Iran has been hit with demonstrations against the regime since the country’s "morality police" allegedly murdered the 22-year-old Mahsa Amini for failing to properly cover her hair with a hijab.

In the letter to FIFA, United for Navid demanded "that FIFA immediately suspend Iran from all competitions, including the 2022 FIFA World Cup."

Fox News Digital exclusively obtained the United for Navid campaign letter to the IOC. According to the letter sent to IOC president, Thomas Bach, "Over the last two weeks, Iranian athletes have been violently targeted: The Iranian government confiscated the passport of Ali Daei, the football legend of Iran, upon his return from Turkey. He has been banned from leaving the country."

The letter continued, stating "Fifteen security agents raided the home of Hossein Mahini, a National Football [soccer] team member, arresting him and confiscating his personal property. The government has sealed the home of Ali Karimi, a beloved former National Football [soccer] team member, following the show of support for the people."

United for Navid was founded after the Islamic Republic of Iran executed the champion Greco-Roman wrestler Navid Afkari in September 2020. The organization of prominent Iranian athletes seeks justice for Afkari and persecuted athletes in Iran.

IRANIAN ATHLETES AT TOKYO OLYMPICS REMEMBER MURDERED WRESTLER NAVID AFKARI

Iranian in Canada demonstrate against the execution of wrestler Navid Afkari by the Iranian regime in Toronto Sept. 15, 2020. The death sentence caused international uproar, yet the regime persisted. (Photo by Sayed Najafizada/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

The former Iranian Greco-Roman national coach and American Sardar Pashaei oversees the United for Navid campaign. The IOC has faced criticism from United for Navid over its failure to punish Iran’s regime for its repression of athletes.

In the letter to the IOC, United for Navid wrote "The safety of Iranian athletes requires immediate action to avoid the past being repeated. We urge to stand by your values and recent ICO Strategic Framework on Human Rights and immediately suspend the Islamic Republic of Iran from all Olympic qualifiers and games. We acknowledge that this decision acutely impacts the lives and careers of Iranian athletes. The accountability of these egregious human rights violations are not theirs to bare however inaction on your behalf would be an endorsement of these violations."

United for Navid said in its letter "The Iranian government’s targeting of their own athletes and women in the sporting arena has been long ongoing with little redress. You will recall that we wrote to you when security forces outside stadiums beat our female fans for attempting to enter athletic arenas."

The organization of exiled star Iranian athletes added in its letter to Bach: "We wrote to you for Sahar Khodayari, our ‘Blue Girl,’ who never achieved her dream of watching her favorite team play. Sahar set herself on fire in protest of her jail sentence for attempting to enter the stadium."

IRAN PROTESTS: DEATH TOLL CONTINUES TO CLIMB, AS REPORTER WHO FIRST HIGHLIGHTED AMINI'S DEATH IS ARRESTED

The United for Navid letter noted that on Tuesday Iran’s regime ordered Karim Bagheri, the head coach of the Persepolis soccer club, including athletes from the national team (Soroush Rafiei, Kamal Saghamnia, Alireza Biranvand, Farshad Faraji, Milad Sarlak, Mortezapour Aliganji, Siamak Nemati and Hamed Pakdel) "to appear at one of the Iranian security institutions for interrogation and provide explanations for their media posts in support of the nationwide protests."

A woman cuts her hair during a protest over the death of 22-year-old Kurdish woman Mahsa Amini in Iran, in the Kurdish-controlled city of Qamishli, Syria Sept. 26, 2022. (Reuters/Orhan Qereman)

The Iranian foreign ministry and its mission to the United Nations declined to answer Fox News Digital press queries.

Rob Koehler, director general of Global Athlete, a sports organization seeking to advance the rights of athletes, told Fox News "In 2020 athletes from around the world called on the IOC to help save the life of innocent human, an athlete, and a wrestler Iranian Navid Afkari. Navid was murdered by the government for peacefully protesting yet the IOC refused to suspend the Iran National Olympic Committee for this heinous murder."

He added "As history repeats itself, Iran is once again using their athletes popularity to set an example against protesting the Iranian government. This attempt to penalize an athlete for using their voice must be stopped. Just this week the Iranian athletes again reiterated their call for the IOC to suspend the Iran National Olympic Committee. If the IOC does nothing, it's clear that their new Strategic Framework on Human Rights is not worth the paper it is written on, and they remain complicit with their lack of action."

Fox News Digital media queries to the IOC and FIFA were not immediately returned.

Benjamin Weinthal reports on Middle East affairs. You can follow Benjamin Weinthal on Twitter @BenWeinthal.
                          Fox Nation

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-t...from-world-cup

Comment

So the Iranians who are pushing for Team Melli banned from FIFA World Cup are:

1. Masih Alinejad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masih_Alinejad

2. Openstadiums https://twitter.com/openStadiums?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

3. United for Navid https://twitter.com/unitedfornavid?lang=en headed by Sardar Pashaei https://mobile.twitter.com/sardar_pashaei

Please add any other names so we can all see who these traitors are who want to deprive innocent Iranian people (specially Team Melli supporters and Team Melli players) from enjoying the World Cup, sports and harmony.

Team Melli belongs to the people of Iran.

Depriving Iranians from participating in global event. Isolating and detaching innocent Iranians from the rest of the World!!! How many times Iranians should be kicked in the gut because of zarbeh be khodi by malicious individuals and organizations who are only after their own motive and agenda???!!! Why? Why?

This is absolute madness. It is absurd.

I am speechless.

Comment

I strongly appeal to all Iran-born, Iranian and non-Iranian organizations and activists to give up and abandon on their call for ban on Team Melli. Such ban is abuse of Human Rights itself, it would be an unjust and unsportmanship decision since Team Melli players have worked very hard to qualify for their 3rd consecutive World Cup appearance. This current team is a Golden Generation of Iran Football, they have always advocated for women's rights and Human Rights in Iran. They don't deserve to be deprived of World Cup appearance and be punished for non-Sport or non-Football tragedies, policies and matters, all of which they were not responsible and should never ever be held accountable.

Banning Team Melli will be death of Football in the country. All players in different age levels will no longer be motivated or interested to play the sport after such a ban.

Team Melli at the 2022 World Cup will make the event exciting for all football fans around the globe. This is the first time that there are 6 teams from AFC in the World Cup: Iran, Qatar, Australia, Korea Republic, Japan and Saudi Arabia. Iran is AFC's highest FIFA ranked team.

Also I must emphasize that Iran national football team (Team Melli) belongs to the people of Iran. Let's give humanity a chance.

Instead of ban on Iran national football team, I propose the following:

1. FIFA must allow Team Melli players to wear black color arm bands or wrist bands;

2. FIFA must allow Team Melli players to play each match without display of Iran national flag and without standing for national anthem;

3. FIFA must allow for 1 minute silence before Iran's every match versus England, Wales and USA;

4. FIFA must allow Team Melli players to wear kits with the words "Iran" written on the jersey and no Iran Football Federation logo or flag on the jersey or kit;

Such kits would be similar to Iran's old kits.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...X8BiA&usqp=CAU

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L0GLxFoId...25281%2529.jpg

https://shahrefarang.com/wp-content/...-melli-002.jpg

Comment

Dear Rooyintan:

I agree that banning TM is not a very good idea. I also agree that agitators have been calling to ban Iran from various athletic events for a very long time. I also agree that there are a lot of nefarious organizations and individuals behind this effort.

HOWEVER, it is not a great idea to label everyone who supports this ban as deranged or traitors, or anything else. These are very rough, emotional times for most Iranians. We all want to see a better future for Iran and its people. Many people on this forum who support a ban, do it because they believe it may have a positive effect. While we may not agree with them, they are part of our larger community. We need to accept differences of opinion on this topic and other topics as well.

Blanket labeling of people is never a good idea and will not move us in a positive direction. I invite everyone to take a deep breath and stay focused on the larger goal which should be: A better future for Iran under a democratic government that is representative of its people (all of them) and their aspirations.
                                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Working...
                                X