X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post

Don't forget North Korea 1 time/1 try (100%) lol
    No North Korea is 1/2 tries (50%)

They came in last place in their group in WC 2010.

Our Wc record is a joke, we will never progress if we dont solve our grassrot problems.

Vaghan heyfe, because we are a footballing nation whit a ton of raw talent and a huge population and love for football, but zero system.

We are skating whitout skates.

Comment

But we are doing great in other sports with the same infrastructure problems.

Volleyball
      Futsal
      Wrestling
      Powerlifting

How come when it's about football, everything is because of infrastructure problems. I am not saying we don't have problems. But we have invested tons of more money in football than any other sport. Yet football is the one sport were we have the worst results.

I also doubt Morocco has a better league than us (do they even have a league?) or that they have invested more money in football than us. Yet they topped their group.

Comment

Originally posted by aariaa View Post

I also doubt Morocco has a better league than us (do they even have a league?) or that they have invested more money in football than us. Yet they topped their group.
        Yes, they have a league and one of their clubs won CAF CL last season… And would easily beat any IPL club. Iran will be last or close to last in anything football related, I promise you.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post

Are Australia, Japan and Korea at level of the opponents they defeated ??

I guess with your mentality all these teams should not have even gone for the win.

If you play for a draw odds are highly in favor of you losing.

If you play for the win odds are highly in your favor to get a draw at least.

CQ screwed up. Clear and simple.
          Their opponents are less good than their name suggest. Tunisia or this weak Denmark wasn't special. Spain and Germany are past their prime. Portugal field a B team and was already qualified'

But let's admit the Asians were clearly inferior to their opponents. These particular countries play these top teams very regularly since 20 years (friendlies, wc, confed cup, copa america..) . Most of their squad play in decent euro leagues. They may be inferior but have the tools to enhance their level.

Compare it to us who never play big friendlies (2 or 3 in 20 years +wc), Iranian squad mainly playing in Asian or 2nd rate European leagues

Comment

Volleyball
            Futsal
            Wrestling
            Powerlifting

How come when it's about football, everything is because of infrastructure problems. I am not saying we don't have problems. But we have invested tons of more money in football than any other sport. Yet football is the one sport were we have the worst results.

I think most if not all Moroccan players play in Europe.

Comment

I think most if not all Moroccan players play in Europe.
              So our main problem is not lack of investment in football. Footballers in Iran get more money than other athletes in Iran can even dream of. Yet they deliver far worse results. Our main problem is players chasing easy Arab money rather than going to Europe.

AK8 was 27 years old when he joined Bayern
              Azmoun was 27 when he joined Leverkusen
              Taremi was 27 when he joined Rio Ave
              Daei was 28 or 29 when he joined Arminia

Kia was 21 when he joined Bochum and 22 when he joined Hamburg, unsurprisingly, he is regarded by many as Irans most successful footballer of all time.

For almost 10 years we have been saying that EPL leagues are interested in Azmoun. The guy almost retired in the Russian league.

Comment

Tunisia and Ghana are a joke and should not be at this WC. Cameroon is alright, but I definitely would not include them amongst Africa’s best. CAF is the only confederation that repeatedly shoots itself in the foot with its qualifying process. Nigeria, Egypt, Ivory Coast are all stronger than the above and are victims of the system.

Tunisia is terrible. In the AFCON, they only progressed to knockouts due to being one of the best 3rd place teams, despite having one the easier groups then they got knocked out by Burkina Faso lmao. Tunisia is only in Qatar because they got a favourable draw in Mali. They’re shit.

Ghana finished bottom of their AFCON group including a loss to Comoros along the way and have generally been terrible in Africa recently.

Not surprising that only Senegal and Morocco did anything. What a joke.

Comment

The infrastructure is a problem but not a determining factor. The main factors are
                  1. Corruption and inefficiencies (lack of proper planning)..
                  2. Our team or at least players who are selected are not as talented, determined as we think they are.
                  Look at our achivements across all age group in Football over the last 40 years. Have we won anything at Asian level (DOnt give me west or central asian bullshit tournament)? Did we make it to Olympic? Why would you expect the team to make it past first stage now? You have 1 or 2 players playing in so called top tier league, the rest are reject of top or middle tier leagues.
                  And dont bring population size into this conv at all. Otherwise India and China should be in Semi's every world cup

Comment

Volleyball
                    Futsal
                    Wrestling
                    Powerlifting

I agree but football is the most popular sport in the world. There is much more competition than in volleyball futsal or else when most of the countries don't care.

Also globalization is having the biggest effect in football as mickey mouse country can send players to Europe, play big friendlies why Iran is completely out of the global system. We can get friendlies with Canada in futsal and volleyball bc no-one care. No in football

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

I agree but football is the most popular sport in the world. There is much more competition than in volleyball futsal or else when most of the countries don't care.
                      I agree also. So if you want to become successful in football, you have to work extra hard, something our players never do because they want to live an easy life with Arab money rather than going to Europe and actually put out some real work.

Don't let me get started on Ezza who had the chance to join Getafe or Atletico Madrid B (promotion from Atletico C) at an age of 18, but chose to go to Rostov instead because Azmoun was playing there.

Comment

Their opponents are less good than their name suggest. Tunisia or this weak Denmark wasn't special. Spain and Germany are past their prime. Portugal field a B team and was already qualified'

But let's admit the Asians were clearly inferior to their opponents. These particular countries play these top teams very regularly since 20 years (friendlies, wc, confed cup, copa america..) . Most of their squad play in decent euro leagues. They may be inferior but have the tools to enhance their level.

Compare it to us who never play big friendlies (2 or 3 in 20 years +wc), Iranian squad mainly playing in Asian or 2nd rate European leagues

You are making this too complicated than it is.

US is no better than Spain, Germany or Portugal in fact they are way below all those teams.

Yet CQ fielded an ultra defensive line up with slow midfielders knowing damn well that US is strong in the midfield.

Then the plan was to sit back and defend. Any sane person would realize that they will eventually score. Which they did.

Only then he decided change the midfield and go offensive.

There is is no doubt in my mind that had he played like that from the beginning, we would have advanced. Most likely with a draw. May be even a win.

CQ showed US way too much respect than they are worth and we are paying for it now.

That is why I no longer want him in Charge anymore.

Comment

So our main problem is not lack of investment in football. Footballers in Iran get more money than other athletes in Iran can even dream of. Yet they deliver far worse results. Our main problem is players chasing easy Arab money rather than going to Europe.

AK8 was 27 years old when he joined Bayern
                          Azmoun was 27 when he joined Leverkusen
                          Taremi was 27 when he joined Rio Ave
                          Daei was 28 or 29 when he joined Arminia

Kia was 21 when he joined Bochum and 22 when he joined Hamburg, unsurprisingly, he is regarded by many as Irans most successful footballer of all time.

For almost 10 years we have been saying that EPL leagues are interested in Azmoun. The guy almost retired in the Russian league.
                          That's why we shouldn't talk so much about academy, youth system, infrastructure. Our football don't want or can't develop a player from A to Z and reach their max potential. Instead of wishing of investment (that will never come anyway), let euro countries do this job instead of us. Not only, you won't need to invest money but actually our dumb clubs would earn some with transfers!

Today the hurdles are :
                          * our own players refusing to leave their confort zone or big cash from qatar
                          * our dumb club that prevent player to leave for Europe at any cost (beiro, abdi) or rushing to bring back young legionnaires (mohebi)
                          * medias, players that overhyped domestic clubs and players.

Comment

That's why we shouldn't talk so much about academy, youth system, infrastructure. Our football don't want or can't develop a player from A to Z and reach their max potential. Instead of wishing of investment (that will never come anyway), let euro countries do this job instead of us. Not only, you won't need to invest money but actually our dumb clubs would earn some with transfers!

Today the hurdles are :
                            * our own players refusing to leave their confort zone or big cash from qatar
                            * our dumb club that prevent player to leave for Europe at any cost (beiro, abdi) or rushing to bring back young legionnaires (mohebi)
                            * medias, players that overhyped domestic clubs and players.
                            I absolutely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              Love the mental strength, never give up effort and great teamwork.
                              I've said it before and stand by it, Iranian players/ TM have the mental strength and will power of 3rd grade school girls. If you fielded them against the US, they would want the win more and would have run more for the ball compared to these "professional athletes"..

Comment

You are making this too complicated than it is.

US is no better than Spain, Germany or Portugal in fact they are way below all those teams.

Yet CQ fielded an ultra defensive line up with slow midfielders knowing damn well that US is strong in the midfield.

Then the plan was to sit back and defend. Any sane person would realize that they will eventually score. Which they did.

Only then he decided change the midfield and go offensive.

There is is no doubt in my mind that had he played like that from the beginning, we would have advanced. Most likely with a draw. May be even a win.

CQ showed US way too much respect than they are worth and we are paying for it now.

That is why I no longer want him in Charge anymore.
                                US is less strong than Germany&Spain but not only we are also less strong than Japan (we lost very often to them) but also US caracteristics doesn't match with us.

It's like the rock paper scissors game. Rock (Spain) looks more impressive than Scissors (US), but the scissors win against the paper (Iran)

Comment

Working...
                                X