WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
    Pay attention also to mobility and quickness of Japan and Saudi players. They are in shape. Watching Iran was like playing FIFA with broken R2. Most players looking like they had 10-20 lbs extra. Yes, even the legendary Kanani who supposedly could’ve saved us from 3-4 goals if he started.
    Omg this blew me away during the match...just how SLOW the players were...it's like they were running around in sand or something.

I just don't understand how professionals can show up to the world cup so out of shape.
    The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

The second goal japan scored was wonderful....and I couldn't help but think there isn't a single player on Iran I could see pulling that off right now (Azmoun and taremi have the technique but not the needed speed).

And Asano isn't some world beater; he was bought by Arsenal but didn't make the team and floated around europe. But the difference is that he stuck to being in Europe and that is still miles away better than being in an asian league. If Asano was iranian he would have likely come back to Iran the second he had some setbacks (a la Mohebi).
      The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Yap. I'm not judging our players, but guys like Sakai and Yoshida could have stayed in Japan forever and chased money, but instead they went at the first opportunity to outside of Iran.

We can do the same in Iran. It will take time, but I don't think our media and fans has the patience for the growing pains.
        Our fans and our medias are too focused on our crappy IPL, thinking Persepolis and Esteghlal are Barcelona/Real madrid. They don't cover and support enough our eurolegionnaires in comparison. A little POC like Ghaedi get more fame than hardworking Zahedi, Moharammi etc..

Democracy or not, we will never do something successful with the disgusting behaviour we saw from some of the diaspora and lost sheeps in Iran. I thought going in the best countries in the world would make the diaspora change for the better. It unfortunately don't work very well.

Comment

Bravo Japan and KSA. Notice neither of them was content with a tie score with these Giants. If it was us we would go back defending with 10 men after equalizing against England.

CQ and the team should be ashamed of themselves after that humiliation.

Comment

Congratz to Japan!

Guys, let this sink in.

We have ZERO of this:

System
            Foundings
            Competent Federation
            Professional leauge
            Youth programs
            Youth academys
            Regulary playing WC/Olympics whit u20/u23
            A government that CARES for IRANIAN succes.

What we HAVE:

Virus Islamic republic ( let this land burn as long as islam prevails)
            Corruption in every core of the nation
            43 years of I.R occupation
            Hangover from one of the blodiest wars in modern time ( Iran Iraq war for 8 years)
            Political isolation from the world

And then we have... our godgiven talent and iranian geyrat, whit that we still go toe to toe whit the likes of Japan, South korea ( the couldent beat us in 15 years), Saudi Arabia and Australia.

All these nations are lightyears ahead of us in term of all the above points i wrote and thats why they can compete at this level and we cant.

Just imagine what we can do if we now ONLY whit talent and gheyrat can go toe to toe whit these Asian powerhouses What we can do if we also after our iranian revolution/renessance also have:

System
            Youth programs
            Academys
            Competent Federation
            Foundings
            Professional leauge

And last but not least, a government that CARES for IRAN.

Mix this whit our talent, gheyrat, footballing crazy hearts in our 85 000 000 population.

Vay Khoda 👏❤⚽️🏆🎖

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post
              The second goal japan scored was wonderful....and I couldn't help but think there isn't a single player on Iran I could see pulling that off right now (Azmoun and taremi have the technique but not the needed speed).

And Asano isn't some world beater; he was bought by Arsenal but didn't make the team and floated around europe. But the difference is that he stuck to being in Europe and that is still miles away better than being in an asian league. If Asano was iranian he would have likely come back to Iran the second he had some setbacks (a la Mohebi).
              seriously? now we wishing that a player like Taremi was better?
              I understand we had a horrible game, but when I read some comments here I start to think that our team should be ranked below Siri Lanka

Hopefully other mods will be here, I am taking off the rest of the day from all negative comments. If we are so bad, "our Iranianness" being a horrible liability, then I suggest you guys change your last names to "Cartier"; I know two brother who did that to get better and shine to the glory, so perhaps that's more for some of you.
              Last edited by Under Lahaf; 11-23-2022, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                Bravo Japan and KSA. Notice neither of them was content with a tie score. If it was us we would go back defending with 10 men after equalizing against England.

CQ and the team should be ashamed of themselves after that humiliation.
                Equalizing? You must be dreaming to ever think Iran would even come back from a defeat at this stage. This lost team can only do such with luck against Lebanon. Enough said. A Danish 3rd division team is mentally stronger than Iran.

Comment

West Asia football is very slow. That's why Iran lose often to Japan and SK NT and Clubs. Ok we had a good track against SK but mainly because they aren't very tall and skilled enough to break the bus.

KSA completely transformed into Hulk with their super tall and strong players.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post

Equalizing? You must be dreaming to ever think Iran would even come back from a defeat at this stage. This lost team can only do such with luck against Lebanon. Enough said. A Danish 3rd division team is mentally stronger than Iran.
                    Try to vent as much as you want over the next few posts since I won't be here, but I suggest you come with a positive attitude tomorrow or post less negative stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Our fans and our medias are too focused on our crappy IPL, thinking Persepolis and Esteghlal are Barcelona/Real madrid. They don't cover and support enough our eurolegionnaires in comparison. A little POC like Ghaedi get more fame than hardworking Zahedi, Moharammi etc..

Democracy or not, we will never do something successful with the disgusting behaviour we saw from some of the diaspora and lost sheeps in Iran. I thought going in the best countries in the world would make the diaspora change for the better. It unfortunately don't work very well.
                      League needs focus. A vibrant league is a must. Look at JPL and Saudi Premier league.

What is also required is for media and fans to demand actual investment in youth and club infrastructure. The future!

No clubs in Iran rely on youth except for Paykan, and sometimes Malavan and Saipa.
                      Persepolis, Esteghlal, Foolad, Sepahan, Teraktor, are fucking retirement clubs and the same people s**tting on TM now are the ones who want results no matter what at the club level.

Certain other things need to happen - no elite players should go to the PGCC countries. If they do cut them from TM. Player salaries in Iran need to be capped. Infrastructure and youth development are a must! Yeah we don't have as much money as Saudi, but we can look at South American countries for examples how.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        West Asia football is very slow. That's why Iran lose often to Japan and SK NT and Clubs. Ok we had a good track against SK but mainly because they aren't very tall and skilled enough to break the bus.

KSA completely transformed into Hulk with their super tall and strong players.
                        To be clear, we have some slow players, but we are not that slow as individuals. We are slow as a system. We are very bad in transition. That's what makes our football so slow.

Comment

Well done Japan, they won the coaches half.

Japan shouldn't be compared to any other team in Asia. Even if they struggle in qualifiers (remember they lost to Oman), they have 30 + years of solid proper planning. Focusing on youth. Having a league with standards they don't compromise on. Constant education. A clear vision. Not importing garbage players for dallals to make a quick buck. Encouraging growth. True professionalism from top down.
                          They also stuck with their coach. This same coach that they're all praising now, was hated by their fans - but look what he did.

Same with Renard in Saudi, there were rumors he was going to get fired after they looked poor in all their friendlies, but for once Saudis didn't rush!

Vision, consistency, education, funding... all of these take priority over individual units.
                          The more and more I think about it the more I feel we made a catastrophic error firing Skocic. Now you see the value of practicing and getting used to the heat rather than going to cool Vienna. SAUDI without saying trains in the heat at home.

Japan played in Brazil, Paraguay, Tunisia and Ghana in the summer. They also played Canada in Qatar. Our main camp was Austria...very poor planning.

Also note the Euro league teams are faltering big time...lack of exposure to the playing environment. Most take foot off the pedal second half and to some degree England did with us too.

Sometimes the unknowns will put the effort in cause its their one chance...Skocic knew this I believe. CQ I really question...albeit he prob had little say in friendlies since he came in so late.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post

seriously? now we wishing that a player like Taremi was better?
                            I understand we had a horrible game, but when I read some comments here I start to think that our team should be ranked below Siri Lanka

Hopefully other mods will be here, I am taking off the rest of the day from all negative comments. If we are so bad, "our Iranianness" being a horrible liability, then I suggest you guys change your last names to "Cartier"; I know two brother who did that to get better and shine to the glory, so perhaps that's more for some of you.
                            Under lahaf i am not wishing that Taremi is better. Taremi would easily start for Japan! All i am saying is that we lack pace which is a key factor in this world cup!

To be able to take on these European sides, you need people who can get past players and I just don't see a lot of that in this version of TM. Apologies if I come across as too negative.

Comment

To be clear, we have some slow players, but we are not that slow as individuals. We are slow as a system. We are very bad in transition. That's what makes our football so slow.
                              I think it's a bit of both. The system isn't great but I don't think you can deny that the likes of Karimi and Ezatolahi just do not have the needed level of speed and agility right now.

Comment

The funny part is that the Germans do not have the support of the people just like Iran. In Germany there is a huge debate about the ,,One Love“ captains armband which they were supposed to wear but did not at the end of the day (FIFA warned them that they will issue penalties if they do wear it). The one side of the fans are criticizing them that they don’t have the balls to wear the band and mocking them and the other side of the fans are angry that this whole LGBTQ stuff is causing such a big debate inside the German football community.(Btw there were many comparisons in German media & social media between them and the Iranian players, they showed deep respect for Iranian players for not singing the anthem in spite that the regime is able to harm them and their families and criticized the German National team heavily for fearing FIFA and some ,,small punishments“ by them). They were heavily pressured to do something and they did by putting their hands in front of their mouths on the team photo. The problem again: Everyone is mocking them and saying that either this is not a real protest or that this was just laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X