No announcement yet.

WC Qatar 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take Scotland/Wales over Ukraine any day (due to the political reasons already stated). Plus Ukrain's Canadian embassy made silly statements after the Iran-Canada friendly was canceled (just too foozool and unnecessary).

From a psyops standpoint, I'd like Scotland to be in the group. They will go balls to the wall against England and have already tied them in Wembley in the past year.

Comment

For those in the US, Scotland - Ukraine game will be shown on ESPN2.

Comment

Originally posted by rizz View Post
        It's gonna be Wales---they are clearly the best of the three.

Scotland is the team I have most sympathies with but I doubt Ukraine or Scotland can beat Wales.
        Scotland vs wales has nothing to do with their power and their squad. Its a gheirati game for both country. So the outcome could go either way and IMO if scotland beat ukraine then its 50-50 chance for scotland and wales.

My bet is on scotland or ukraine.

The best team for us is scotland. Ukraine will make the game political and wales side is pretty much very strong compared to usa.

Comment

Friends - if anyone has iran-england tickets and doesn't want to go, please let me know. i'm willing to pay a premium - unfortunately this idiotic lottery and accommodations process in qatar has spoiled my planning for my dad, brother and i. i was very excited to go but don't think the trip will be worth it if I don't get to see this first match. On the fence now...please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
            For those in the US, Scotland - Ukraine game will be shown on ESPN2.
            And ESPN+

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
              Who gives a shit about Brits and Americans. Kish Island is going to be packed anyways just like Katar, full with Iranians. It‘s going to be an awesome time man, really looking forward to the World Cup and travelling to the beloved homeland 🇮🇷 Enjoying the sun and the Persian Gulf in November while people are freezing their asses in Germany 😄
              . PLS OH PLS POST PHOTOS!!! TONS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                Friends - if anyone has iran-england tickets and doesn't want to go, please let me know. i'm willing to pay a premium - unfortunately this idiotic lottery and accommodations process in qatar has spoiled my planning for my dad, brother and i. i was very excited to go but don't think the trip will be worth it if I don't get to see this first match. On the fence now...please let me know!
                We were very excited to go to but they're making it impossible. I have a feeling this is going to turn into another Asian Cup where they ended up begging locals to show up to the stadium for free just to fill them.

I'd wait it out for now TBH. In a few weeks I think it will become clear to everyone what a mess it really is and that point everything's going to drop in price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  We were very excited to go to but they're making it impossible. I have a feeling this is going to turn into another Asian Cup where they ended up begging locals to show up to the stadium for free just to fill them.

I'd wait it out for now TBH. In a few weeks I think it will become clear to everyone what a mess it really is and that point everything's going to drop in price.
                  Everyone is planning on flying to Doha and ticket prices are insane. The best option, which majority don't know about, is to fly to Dubai (way cheaper than Doha at the moment) and do a day trip flight for the games (Fly Dubai has started 30+ flights per day to Doha for approx $250 round trip)

Accommodation will be cheaper in Dubai and more entertainment options as well.

Comment

"FIFA 22 Predicts the World Cup"

This is hilarious! could you imagine?!?!

https://youtu.be/UhZxJWGOfeM?t=363

Comment

just shows what a shit game fifa is
                      all of the teams in our group are much stronger, I see us finishing with 1 pt max

Comment

Originally posted by alitor82 View Post
                        Everyone is planning on flying to Doha and ticket prices are insane. The best option, which majority don't know about, is to fly to Dubai (way cheaper than Doha at the moment) and do a day trip flight for the games (Fly Dubai has started 30+ flights per day to Doha for approx $250 round trip)

prices will spike in dubai around that time. 100%

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                          prices will spike in dubai around that time. 100%
                          I don't think prices will increase, but spaces might fill up. These prices are for special flights reserved for people going to the World Cup. They still have their regularly scheduled flights, which are going for $1350 round trip.

And if you have tickets for the games, you can book now

Comment

There will be 60 flights per day between Dubai and Doha so Dubai might not be a bad option.

Comment

If the Team Milley does not play preparatory matches for the World Cup this certainly have a negative impact on performance and results in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by alitor82 View Post

i'm torn here. i'm considering the dubai option (to fly in and out from dubai to qatar for each match) but don't you think you miss out on the festive WC environment by not staying in Qatar? As poorly as Qatar's hosting has gone, i expect they'll spend a fortune on creating a great atmosphere with fan zones etc. i don't think you'll have that same experience in Dubai.

Comment

Working...
                                X