Allahyar Sayyadmanesh @ Hull City | 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Every single one of those things you listed out as his weaknesses can be developed in time especially in a challenging league where you’re playing twice a week.
    He is not the most technical or highest IQ that I agree with but I am not so sure he has really tried to sharpen up those things as much as he has worked on staying physically fit and work on finishing (the latter is what I would hope is the case at least). If he takes improving his game technically as seriously as he does his fitness then he can make it as a CM IMO….it’s up to him really
    disagree. Sure, He can improve his first touch under pressure, he can improve his positional awareness (as a CF, SS), he can improve his knowledge of when to initiate take ons and when to play simple.

Teaching somebody to THINK as a central midfielder when their entire youth and senior career has been about trying to improve their play as a CF is not just "up to the player". Its not like hitting weights which is something anybody can get bette at. You either have that skillset or you dont. If currently Allahyar, with fairly straightforward link-up tasks of bouncing the ball back to a midfielder while under pressure from a cb, or playing a quick 1-2 with a winger, has a pass success rate of around 50% regularly, what will happen when he is asked to collect and distribute 50 balls a game under pressure?
    Ghoddos and dejagah from the beginning were 2 extremely technical, extremely high IQ/tactically aware players, trained from the beginning in euro environment. Their positional adaptability doesnt apply to every player. Even amiri is an extremely intelligent player.

Allahyar is a purely instinctual/physical player. He actually didnt even have any formal training in academy football, etc until daei found him for Saipa, and even then it was nothing more than a few sessions with senior team. According to Chamanian, he prepped for U17 WC by training in his local park. How can that be compared to football education of ghoddos and dejagah lol. Quite literally the best moments Allahyar shows are when he is not thinking excessively and relying on his instinct. By contrast as soon as he has a lot of time on the ball/time to make decisions he often still makes wrong ones. If you try to transform him now, you will derail his progress as an attacker and make him a very confused midfield player that is of hardly any use to anybody.

By contrast, with some work on the first things I mentioned, he can develop into a PL caliber attacker in just a year or two. That is how strong he is instinctually, in terms of his speed to beat defenders, in terms of pressing ability, etc

By the way, this doesnt negate some of your guys points that we lack personnel in CM. But the way to address that isnt to try forcing our best talents in other positions to play CM. Even dejagah's transformation to an attacking mid came after knee injuries when he was physically unable to play as a winger with the same speed/aggressiveness as before. It was a change by necessity, and even that at club level he was never regarded as a CM option.

Comment

He is not CM, neither target. He is at his best as attacking winger

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Valid points all around and good discussion. I agree re: the risks but to me the potential reward is worth the risk. This is all just fun “imagine this” talk anyway, we know it won’t actually happen.

In other news the additions to their midfield seem to be just about finalized with tufan and traore….two very solid addition that should give allahyar and lewis potter something to work with finally.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I like the dejagah comparison in terms of hustle and overall gheyrati/winning mentality but yeah I just don't see him as a CM either... Allahyar works best as a LW/RW and using his pace and physical aggression to tear past opposing left and right backs

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Let's see if he will be the first successful Iranian in an English league. I doubt it but we shall see.

Comment

The fact that a comment about allahyar becoming a cm even get thanks shows how much some useres here know about football[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Nazpari View Post
                The fact that a comment about allahyar becoming a cm even get thanks shows how much some useres here know about football[emoji23]
                Well Saman Ghoddoss played as a defender for Brentford and was arguably one of their best players that match. Crazier things have happened...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Thanks for your input - it’s a forum and a conversation was started about him being tried, not that he should be a CM full time now. There’s a big difference….and valid points were brought up for both sides. If you have something to contribute mourinho jr go right ahead.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Or maybe don't know enough about Allahyar Sayyadmanesh (certainly in my case).

If those in the know say he doesn't have the required skillset, I defer to them.

But that does not negate that it's good to try players in different positions, but not in crucial games of course.

It also means that IMO we are desperate to do something about our central midfield and that we need someone with very high stamina, workrate and speed to complement Ezatollahi, who when fit is a given starter. I long back to the days of the superb Nekounam-Teymourian duo in central midfield. I really miss Teymourian! Imagine if we had Teymourian next to Ezatollahi!

So let's keep on looking and not be afraid to try out players out of position.

Comment

Did IranianArsenal11 ever answer your text messages?

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                        I like the dejagah comparison in terms of hustle and overall gheyrati/winning mentality but yeah I just don't see him as a CM either... Allahyar works best as a LW/RW and using his pace and physical aggression to tear past opposing left and right backs
                        He still has a lot to work on in terms of his tactical awareness and anticipation of the game - his hustle, physicality, pace, other raw attributes are fantastic but he is still unpolished.

I hope he leaves championship after the end of the coming season because coaching is the key at his stage

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          Very hot take here I’m coming in with but I want to discuss and see if this take is actually crazy - does anyone else think allahyar should be converted to a CM?

Hear me out…..his physical attributes and very high work rate would make him a great box to box midfielder. Also he isn’t the best finisher which we all know and that’s not up for debate. His finishing has always been a weak point of his and he hasn’t improved it much (although of course he is still super young and has time to develop that part of his game).

I think another asset he offers on top of physical being a beast and having an ever lasting engine is his pressing and recovery too. He gets into key positions (on the pressing or recovery front) so quickly because of that engine and hustle he brings.

If it were up to me I’d try it out for a half in a friendly and see how it goes (for TM) or if I’m alveradze (who also desperately needs good mid fielders) I wouldn’t shy away from trying that out either.
                          Fekre jalebie Ghermez Agha jan.

Amma man fekr mikonam shiveye baazi kardane Allahyar tanha baraye poste BAAL va NOKE HAMLE joor ast chera ke sabke baazish manande yek SHEKAARCHI ast ke hamash donbale
                          shetaab o yaare khod raa jay bezare.

Baazisaazi balad nist, be nazare man, va kesi ast ke hamash donbale HAMLE ast, ro be jelo raftan ke dar miyoneye meydaan hasmishe injoori nemishe baazi kard.
                          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

A "thanks" could mean different things. Sometimes you thank a person's post ironically because they say something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              Dude, I think you are hitting yourself to the left alley Ali. (Khodeto dari mizanie be kocheh ye Ali chap) I said under CQ, playing a strong team like England, they would be reduced to nothing but a right and left wingbacks and defensive mid, similar to how Ansarifard, Taremi and Azmoun were asked to play against Spain under CQ until we got scored on.

I never said that hustling in attack is like playing as wingbacks. As a matter of fact, that is why I made my initial comment. Because the way Taremi, Allahyar and Azmoun are playing in their club is very offensive and I thought by you liking those three players playing together, you are condoning a more neutral or offensive stance in our 2022 campaign which is different that CQ's traditional approach.

I am not gonna respond again, even if you find it strange again...
                              So CQ's "traditional approach" give Azmoun and Taremi a goal each against Algeria (with Mahrez and Slimani) four years ago, and possession stats of 67:33 vs 45:55 today? And we completely dominated them on both sides of the pitch.

Do you genuinely, genuinely think we will go up against England playing with amazing offensive football? This is the delusion I think some of our fans are experiencing.

Comment

Transfer business to ramp up this week as Hull City edge closer to pre-season kick-off

Traore's deal will be confirmed this week, while Allahyar's move from Fenerbahce will also be ratified and the final details of Ozan's switch from the Turkish giants are also expected to be confirmed in the coming days.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...p-week-7197236

Comment

Working...
                                X