No announcement yet.

Allahyar Sayyadmanesh @ Hull City | 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 million people died from starvation in Iran because of British blockade of Iran between 1917 and 1919. People ate their own children. Dialogues between British generals speak to the atrocities they committed in Iran, calmly walking among the dead, people who were forced to eat cats and dogs, and again, even their own children. Seeing an Iranian this happy in England, makes me nauseous. Probably because they don't know anything about history though.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
      10 million people died from starvation in Iran because of British blockade of Iran between 1917 and 1919. People ate their own children. Dialogues between British generals speak to the atrocities they committed in Iran, calmly walking among the dead, people who were forced to eat cats and dogs, and again, even their own children. Seeing an Iranian this happy in England, makes me nauseous. Probably because they don't know anything about history though.
      So judgemental! It does make me wonder, though, why you are writing with the language of the oppressor.....
      زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
        So judgemental! It does make me wonder, though, why you are writing with the language of the oppressor.....
        Clearly, they won. Oddly, I am calm.

Comment

People ate their own children? Really? I knew it, damn those Iranian moms and dads....

Fact: In 1920's Iran's population was less than 10 million.
          "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

jesus grow up, you dont even see israelis this mad at germans today

Comment

Not that the British are angels, but they only controlled a portion of Iran at the time. The Russians and Ottomons were just as if not more responsible for the famine (Turks also caused a famine in Armenia at the time). Plenty of historical documents to back that up.

Also your posts are very angry. Relax haji, it's just football.

Comment

What on earth do any of these people have to do with those things that happened 100+ years ago? Has nothing to do with Allahyar and him enjoying his time in England.

It's not about lack of knowledge of history, but your way of viewing these things that's causing you to be "nauseous" lolll to be honest.

Comment

Hilarious how we can talk about the atrocities of others so readily, but we seldom look within and look at the cruelty of our own regime. All in the name of religion. Tanks gods...

Comment

im sure if "somebuffguy" was in the championship he'd 2 foot every english player to get revenge for his great-grandfather's neighbor who came down with a stomachache after having no chai nabat in 1917

Comment

We're getting far too political, but to even pretend that anything Iran has done historically is even comparable to what the UK, France, Spain, Portugal... all the ancient colonial powers have done is insulting.

Now let's get back to football.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        We're getting far too political, but to even pretend that anything Iran has done historically is even comparable to what the UK, France, Spain, Portugal... all the ancient colonial powers have done is insulting.
                        Another excellent point Nokhodi jaan. The main difference is that colonialism extended into the modern era and all the way into the 1970s (some vestiges are still there). That means we as human beings still live with its dire consequences (e.g. racism) and now we have neocolonialism do deal with.
                        ... and I agree, let's get back to football.

Go Allahyar!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Just a bit of irony my friend...but all those countries pillaged and/or tried to colonize Iran. People often forget about Portugal and Spains historical aggressions in the Persian Gulf. Either way...footballing reasons we need players in all those leagues.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                            People ate their own children? Really? I knew it, damn those Iranian moms and dads....
                            Fact: In 1920's Iran's population was less than 10 million.
                            Not according to demographers of multiple nations who put Iran's population between 18-20 million at the time.
                            Also, the jewish population who were also starved by the Nazis would be brought to the brink of death when the Nazis would throw a piece of bread in between them and watch them go at it. This is not specific to Iranians.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                              jesus grow up, you dont even see israelis this mad at germans today
                              Not sure what you mean by "grow up". I'm just passionate about history.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                                What on earth do any of these people have to do with those things that happened 100+ years ago? Has nothing to do with Allahyar and him enjoying his time in England.

It's not about lack of knowledge of history, but your way of viewing these things that's causing you to be "nauseous" lolll to be honest.
                                You realize the number of Iranians who died at the hand of the British are higher than the number of Jews who died in the Holocaust, right?
                                And the evidence is damning. The evidence for this book included dispatches from American missionaries to the US Department of State as well as memoirs by the British Generals at the time.
                                This is no laughing matter. I wish Allahyar all the best though. And I am not "angry" either as I keep getting accused of being. Just talking about history and hoping that football may bridge this gap. But I highly doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X