Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FT
    0-1
    They were completely dominated and outclassed in MF ... and couldnt get anything resembling a service sent into preston's box..!
    Seyed busted his butt in the few minutes out there going all the way back to his own box and back few times and trying to get as close to action as possible ....
    in the end only got a bs foul called on him when his hustle play forced the CB into giving up a CK and to put salt on the wound little later the cunt ref turn a blind eye to a clear hack on him and instead whistle the other way..!! Welcome to the Championship... where england's finest hacksters ply their trade ..!!

Comment

The kid hasn’t even been at Hull City for a week and the overreactions have already started? Lmao

The fact he even got minutes within a week of transferring is good. Have some patience for gods sake. He’ll earn minutes and settle in

Comment

Good to see him getting himself stuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
          The kid hasn’t even been at Hull City for a week and the overreactions have already started? Lmao

The fact he even got minutes within a week of transferring is good. Have some patience for gods sake. He’ll earn minutes and settle in
          This is PFDC haji. England bashing is almost a right of passage.

You could see the energy Allahyar has, even in those few minutes. Got fucked over by the reg twice.

Anyways, here's hoping he starts soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            Our players all seem to get wasted in this league - from Ansarifard to Ghoochannezhad, Kaabi, Andranik, dejagah, Kaabi, Ezatolahi, Ghoddos all end up losing time and confidence in the hacking-friendly second tier of English football.

Some of these are amongst our best players in the modern era, yet have been reduced to nothings in this league... It can't have done wonders for their confidence

Personally wished he would go to somewhere like Braga or even our old friend Bochum which seems to be doing OK.

But if there's one young player who has the courage and physique to buck the trend of "Iranian players in the Championship" I hope it's Allahyar
            We had 2 Kaabies?

Yes, I agree. Hopefully Allahyar can end this stereotype.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              This is PFDC haji. England bashing is almost a right of passage..
              Is it controversial to say that the championship wasn't great for some of our stars during their peak years and have some anxiety that this might happen for a 20 year-old wonderkid. This is a forum, right??

If it is, then do you genuinely think it was the right step in the career for all of these players: Ansarifard, Guzzi, Kaabi senior, Andranik, dejagah, Kaabi junior, Ezatolahi, Ghoddos?

Saying this as someone who has seen four different english clubs in 2022 alone.

Comment

I mean don’t you guys remember that he was on zoryas bench for like 2-3 months/ being heavily rotated to start his time there?

Not saying that will happen here, but it has only been a few days.

If anything the 1-0 loss will accelerate his transition into the xi.

One of the great things for a young guy like allahyar who just needs minutes to iron out many of the kinks in his game is that in this league games come thick and fast.

They play Wayne rooneys derby county again on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post

I have no complaints about Allahyar. I was noting the level of football was shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    I have no complaints about Allahyar. I was noting the level of football was shite.
                    Exactly, same with me. I thought his first ever touch in English football was great and he was pushing and getting into great positions. He looked like a little knife on the pitch.

Contrast with Forss who seemed a bit lethargic to me and his scuffed shot was pretty crap.

Comment

What a kind lad!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        Is it controversial to say that the championship wasn't great for some of our stars during their peak years and have some anxiety that this might happen for a 20 year-old wonderkid. This is a forum, right??
                        If it is, then do you genuinely think it was the right step in the career for all of these players: Ansarifard, Guzzi, Kaabi senior, Andranik, dejagah, Kaabi junior, Ezatolahi, Ghoddos?

Saying this as someone who has seen four different english clubs in 2022 alone.
                        Reading was a great move for saeid. Acrually that was probably the best string of club matches he ever put together. It ended prematurely when he got injured on tm duty and was out for the year. How is that the problem of the league.

Dejagah was excellent, Fulhams player of the year one season, his progress was also stunted by the bad knee injury he had there. Again that’s just part of the game, for a player as aggressive and hard running as dej in his prime thay injury took a lot out of him. He could have stayed and helped fulham promote back up, which they did, but he chose to go to Qatar early.

Andranik certainly had a decent experience in england, he wasn’t a failure by any means. The experience he had there was a big part of why he was such a trusted piece of tm setup for so long. He really improved his game during that time.

As for ghoddos, the guy was out of shape in ligue 2 Amiens, now he is a premier league player who got his position converted to one that is more useful for tm. He doesn’t play as much as he should but he’s in a much better position than he was in ligue 2 Amiens...karim was actually well liked in Nottingham but jumped ship early to Qatar and quickly realized his error.

Ofc many players were not good fits for the style of play, some like ARJ flat out failed. I agree with you that many of our players are not good fits for English football, either from a technical, physical, or mental perspective. I would say there are only 2 players in the current tm setup who can succeed there and one is allahyar and the other is saeid.

Each player must be analyzed individually. Allahyar has all the characteristics to succeed in England, not sure how this game changes that. He is fast, physically robust, good instinctually, speaks the language, and most crucially very young. How is he affected by what gucci did for Charlton a decade ago?

Comment

also, keep this in mind people - hull is ranked 19th in the championship. they're not playing great football, which in turn means that allahyar won't have all that many opportunities to shine. the team will bring down the way we perceive allahyar's performance with it.

what's important is that he's young and getting experience in europe. if he can hang on and grow, he'll have opportunities to go to the prem. starting in europe at a young age is so important.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            Reading was a great move for saeid. Acrually that was probably the best string of club matches he ever put together. It ended prematurely when he got injured on tm duty and was out for the year. How is that the problem of the league.
                            Dejagah was excellent, Fulhams player of the year one season, his progress was also stunted by the bad knee injury he had there. Again that’s just part of the game, for a player as aggressive and hard running as dej in his prime thay injury took a lot out of him. He could have stayed and helped fulham promote back up, which they did, but he chose to go to Qatar early.
                            Andranik certainly had a decent experience in england, he wasn’t a failure by any means. The experience he had there was a big part of why he was such a trusted piece of tm setup for so long. He really improved his game during that time.
                            As for ghoddos, the guy was out of shape in ligue 2 Amiens, now he is a premier league player who got his position converted to one that is more useful for tm. He doesn’t play as much as he should but he’s in a much better position than he was in ligue 2 Amiens...karim was actually well liked in Nottingham but jumped ship early to Qatar and quickly realized his error.
                            Ofc many players were not good fits for the style of play, some like ARJ flat out failed. I agree with you that many of our players are not good fits for English football, either from a technical, physical, or mental perspective. I would say there are only 2 players in the current tm setup who can succeed there and one is allahyar and the other is saeid.
                            Each player must be analyzed individually. Allahyar has all the characteristics to succeed in England, not sure how this game changes that. He is fast, physically robust, good instinctually, speaks the language, and most crucially very young. How is he affected by what gucci did for Charlton a decade ago?
                            I guess I disagree - as mentioned we are specifically talking about championship here, not premiership. I can't think of two divisions in the same national system where the style of play is so different than the premier league and the championship, they are two completely different beasts.

Starting with the first two:

Dejagah's championship experience was for Forest and he played only 1 game as a sub. I know he was 31 and got injured but it still wasn't a great time for his confidence.

Andranik "decent experience" - Disagree. 11 games for Barnsley when he was at his peak at 26 wasn't great and they didn't use him in the right role.

Gucci's career really stalled at Charlton and all those bit minutes he got didn't help him, until he returned to Heerenveen

Ansarifard didn't get given any kind of real chance at Forest - I guess his was the most disappointing possibly at the age of 28 to be on the bench like that

Kaabi's games for Leicester in the championship - he was just clattered non stop. it became really obvious that it's not the right league for him. In fact, imagine a player like Liverpool's Andy Robertson, considered "too small" in Celtic, in the championship. He would be wrecked. But in the premier league he is a pacy overlapping wing back.

Sure Saeed had some great performances within his four games for Reading - but he also got a season-ending injury there... And he is one of our physically strongest players....

I get that Ghoddos came from the french league (it was a ligue 1 club when he was playing for them though! they only became ligue 2 after his suspension) but I can't say his football has improved in confidence during his championship time. He was usually on the bench, not too dissimilar to his role at the moment at the moment. It wasn't really the step we all hoped for him at the time, although at least it means he gets premier league experience now.

ARJ hasn't played in the championship so he isn't really relevant for this

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              Solid and objective post. You forgot Ghoochannejad who was playing for Charlton Athletic when he was a TM starter in WC 2014 in Brazil. I have no doubt that playing for Charlton contributed to his top form in the WC and the fact that he scored our only goal against Bosnia and came very close against both Nigeria and Argentina. Also, I think Abedzadeh has everything needed to play in England. Of course his goal is La Liga first division.

Go Allahyar!

Comment

Patience is a virtue. Our 20 year old just got on the pitch in one of the most intense and competitive leagues in the world and I would say he got the fastest play time after signing for any of our legionnaires. Let's honor that and give him and the new coach time. He needs to get used to this position. He has been better as a winger. We shall see how things pan out for him. For me, so far so great The new owner and coach understand that it will take at least a couple of years before they could make it to the PL. It is great that Allahyar is part of their plan.

Go Allahyar!

Comment

Working...
                                X