This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    hope to se him back son, im sure he will have a great wc and season in germany when fit and in form as good old days in zenit
    Is this photo new?

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
      Is this photo new?
      http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...2021-22/page32
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

LOL thanks. I just noticed that the photo was from Zenit

Comment

Wish Sardar a quick recovery!

Comment

Good News!
            Obviously he will be back in 4 weeks.

https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/...B4%D8%AE%D8%B5

Comment

The reality with Sardar is that he has not been producing as expected both at the club and national level. When you watch him play despite all the efforts he puts in, it seems he has lost that sharpness and purpose on the field. 1 goal in 22 games speaks loud. Even if he is fit 100%, I doubt he is going to be that effective in world cup for Iran. I would rather take a younger and more hungry player than him. I know Zahedi has done okay in his recent clubs but dont know much more him. Skocic didn't believe in him and even when Taremi was not invited he didn't include him. So, we have to see what CQ plan B is if Sardar not ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                The reality with Sardar is that he has not been producing as expected both at the club and national level. When you watch him play despite all the efforts he puts in, it seems he has lost that sharpness and purpose on the field. 1 goal in 22 games speaks loud. Even if he is fit 100%, I doubt he is going to be that effective in world cup for Iran. I would rather take a younger and more hungry player than him. I know Zahedi has done okay in his recent clubs but dont know much more him. Skocic didn't believe in him and even when Taremi was not invited he didn't include him. So, we have to see what CQ plan B is if Sardar not ready.
                Yeah go back and watch him in 2016-17. He played with so much energy and enthusiasm. And we saw the clubs that wanted him… In January clubs were stuck with Zenit over 500k… What happened? I guess the fans were right, the ones who were on their knees begging him to leave Russia…

I hope someday Gol Bezan gets an interview with Berdyev. There are so many questions that need answers… about both Sardar and Saeed…

Comment

sardar lost his speed after his bad ankle injury thats the only thing that happened with his game. He even improved his passing game and vision after the injury because he played in OM. But he cant run in behind defence anymore that was his vintage/signature play before the injury

Comment

He played quite well when subbed on vs Senegal, and scored a critical goal.

WE have space in 26 man list for 4 fwd, Taremi, Sardar, Shahab and Karim.

Even just as recently as last year he was manhandling CL defenses (Chelsea, Juventus) so this idea he hasnt played well since 2017 is hilarious.

I know some people have had agenda against him for long time. These are ironically same people who said mehdi would get benched at Porto and should take Fener offer as thats his likely level in the upcoming years, the same people who told us moharrami was garbage, the same people who when ezatolahi blew up their hypotheses by two excellent games vs Uruguay and Senegal won't comment on anything related to him.

Azmoun is a quality player with a proven CL record, going through a bad patch due to a combo of factors. Just on his team the other CF who has started and played virtually every minute has only 2 more goals than him... IF you think players do not go through loss of form, sometimes struggle to adapt when moving to a new club (even at more experienced age, just look at Thomas Partey on Arsenal recently, finally playing well after 2 years), then maybe you are new to the sport.

Lets hope he makes it back in time for WC bc we need him. Shahab, Karim are good options but not on his level. His combo with Taremi is more or less what got us to WC.

Comment

Im actually excited to se Ansarifard at WC, so not to worried. he should definately be taken to WC if he is healthy but not only 85% healthy. no need for another wc with halfinured star player. rather give a 100 % oppertunity to the healthy players then.

taremi, ghoddos karim did a great job and had great connection aswell so its a good backup.

if he isnt healthy for wc

i would take: taremi, karim, zahedi, and ghaedi/an in form speedy forward
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Even just as recently as last year he was manhandling CL defenses (Chelsea, Juventus) so this idea he hasnt played well since 2017 is hilarious.

I know some people have had agenda against him for long time. These are ironically same people who said mehdi would get benched at Porto and should take Fener offer as thats his likely level in the upcoming years, the same people who told us moharrami was garbage, the same people who when ezatolahi blew up their hypotheses by two excellent games vs Uruguay and Senegal won't comment on anything related to him.

Azmoun is a quality player with a proven CL record, going through a bad patch due to a combo of factors. Just on his team the other CF who has started and played virtually every minute has only 2 more goals than him... IF you think players do not go through loss of form, sometimes struggle to adapt when moving to a new club (even at more experienced age, just look at Thomas Partey on Arsenal recently, finally playing well after 2 years), then maybe you are new to the sport.

Lets hope he makes it back in time for WC bc we need him. Shahab, Karim are good options but not on his level. His combo with Taremi is more or less what got us to WC.
                        This is spot on. Unfortunately, there are too many here who judge players minute by minute and game by game and their opinions on players change like the wind. All players, including great ones go through rough patches and on the flip side great streaks.

On top of it, it takes players normally 1+ years to adjust to a new league/team/country. If you don't like to hear it from us, if anyone here would like to watch the soccer documentary on Amazon Prime called "All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur", you will consistently see the Totenham staff mention throughout the documentary that it takes their new players at least 1 year to settle in. This is from a top EPL club staff! And there are many examples of this with great players. Just look how long it has taken Jordan Sancho to settle in at Manchester United for example after his great form at Borussia Dortmund previously.

In the minutes Sardar has been provided at Leverkusen, he has actually shown some good skills/performances, outside of having gotten unlucky a few times in front of the goal. His passing has been great and overall, I think his lack of scoring has been due to being played in a position that is not suited for him and as previously discussed several games where the Leverkusen wings and midfield have not been able to provide decent service to their forwards. Does that mean there is not room for improvement? No. But to make these black and white comments about how he is done and has not been great since 2017, that's just super inaccurate.

Comment

So Sardar at 29 is not as fast as he was at 24. How unusual!

Comment

Don’t waste away his life yet , he is only 27 🙂

Comment

Why does these strange things always happen to him in champions league period? He would have got so many minutes these past few games...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Thank you for this post!!! Thank you! Taremi and Azmoun, skill wise and performance wise are the best players in iranian history. Talent wise maybe not, but skill wise (realized talent), there are none iranian like these two. I feel sorry for Azmoun: the same people that are constantly nagging about him is the ones that get irritated by the fact that he seems to be a care free dude. Theyve never considered that perhaps its a coping mechanism to stay sane as a pro and iranian partly living in iran.

Comment

Working...
                                X