This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
    Yek Kam poz bedah! joking, this is great! Most famous Iranian that I have met here in Chicago is the owner of the local Kababi

I guess Jahanbakhsh is missing from your collection

i forgot hajsooti , when he played for fsv frankfurt

with jahanbaksh i have only pictures with him haha

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        First it was they arent playing sardar, now its "they're ruining sardar at 10". What next lol. And the taremi comparison is hilarious bc since conceicao has integrated him as a key piece of the teams build up play it has allowed him to flourish way more, showing totally different skillsets than just poaching, winning PKs, and pressing hard. Hence why he is 1 of only 4 players in EUROPE with 20G AND 10A. Talk about ruining Taremi LOL! With new version of taremi they are on verge of sealing title.
        No one is arguing about azmoun taking wirtz spot and I agree with you on your points about his position. However the only problem with this position is that :

A.) Lots of physical contacts which is not good for sardar (injury). We all know how easily azmoun gets injured and this position increases the risk of injury . I don't think anyone can argue with this.
        B.) This new position will eventually develope a totally different mentality in sardar (if continues). Exactly what it did to Mehdi causing him not to score for 11-12 games.

I totally disagree with you regarding Taremi. SC did not integrate him to anything ! SC knew that taremi has all of these "different skillsets" from previous season! Taremi, in previous season (2020-2021) already showed his "various skillsets". If you remember he was a key factor in Porto's deffending tactics (2020-2021) and he also produced some lovely assists. However When SC moved him to a new position taremi stopped scoring goals and only kept on assisting. Here is the fun part which WE are all worried: When SC moved taremi back to his old position (goalscoring striker), It took him good 4-5 weeks to develop back and start scoring goals. To be exact it took him 11 GAMES to get back to his goal scoring position . 11 Games man.

Hopefully its the same with sardar and when Wirtz is back sardar is moved back to his old position next to Schik, creating europes deadliest attacking Due

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          No one is arguing about azmoun taking wirtz spot and I agree with you on your points about his position. However the only problem with this position is that :

A.) Lots of physical contacts which is not good for sardar (injury). We all know how easily azmoun gets injured and this position increases the risk of injury . I don't think anyone can argue with this.
          B.) This new position will eventually develope a totally different mentality in sardar (if continues). Exactly what it did to Mehdi causing him not to score for 11-12 games.

I totally disagree with you regarding Taremi. SC did not integrate him to anything ! SC knew that taremi has all of these "different skillsets" from previous season! Taremi, in previous season (2020-2021) already showed his "various skillsets". If you remember he was a key factor in Porto's deffending tactics (2020-2021) and he also produced some lovely assists. However When SC moved him to a new position taremi stopped scoring goals and only kept on assisting. Here is the fun part which WE are all worried: When SC moved taremi back to his old position (goalscoring striker), It took him good 4-5 weeks to develop back and start scoring goals. To be exact it took him 11 GAMES to get back to his goal scoring position . 11 Games man.

Hopefully its the same with sardar and when Wirtz is back sardar is moved back to his old position next to Schik, creating europes deadliest attacking Due
          milad_b jaan, I think you both have valid points. Here are my two cents.

1- Yes, you are right, that position is more injury prone and we saw more fouls on Sardar yesterday. That is a risk. The benefit is that Sardar's ball handling and assist prowess will even get better. That will be very valuable for us. Also, even as a striker, he will be able to make more of the service. With more confidence, he will be less motivated to pass every time he is surrounded by defenders in the box. Will benefits outweigh the risks? Only time will tell.

2- Mentality is up to the player. One's mentality is pretty much under one's control and for high-end professional players like Sardar, this is even more true. He has shown a great deal of growth and resilience over the years and I think he has developed into a tough professional who understands that regardless of circumstances, he will call the shots on his own mentality.

3- Yes SC knew that Taremi is a man of many talents on the pitch yet he still contributed to further honing of those skills by putting him in different positions and coaching him accordingly.

At the end, if both Mehdi and Sardar stay healthy and fit, they will be our stars in the WC.

Go Sardar!

Comment

Shades of ozil, dont mind the ridiculous background music lol

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
              milad_b jaan, I think you both have valid points. Here are my two cents.

At the end, if both Mehdi and Sardar stay healthy and fit, they will be our stars in the WC.

Go Sardar!
              Thank you for the comment and yea I agree with you. However this is exactly my worries for WC. Injuries! Injuries and Injuries! It will totally ruin our game if either taremi or sardar get injured for WC.

Saman Ghoddos Got injured, so god knows when he can get back to his good form. Saeid was injured and now that his back he has been so poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Dash Arsene,
                I think your points about Azmoun taking Paulinho's spot when Wurtz is back makes great sense. My concern is that the style of football Leverkusen plays lends itself to alot of injury, and wear and tear.
                I just want him healthy and on form for the World Cup.
                Great analysis though.
                I appreciate your concerns, yes TM is one azmoun/taremi injury away from essentially folding the team. Having said that, injuries are always a worry but they are a part of sport. We also risk getting hit by a car whenever we cross a street. Doesnt mean we stop leaving the house.

If we really wanted to ensure (And even then nothign is guaranteed) him not getting injured best solution was to park his ass at Zenit, score his 20 goals, take taghe from Dzyuba in the locker room, and press for a total of 45 seconds a game. I think we all know this wasnt best solution for his football. Leverkusen, and all big teams in the world play a much faster, more physically intense brand of football than we as iranian supporters are used to seeing our guys participate in. There is just no getting around the added risk that comes with.

One thing that is positive about sardar is his high footballing IQ. Even now you see at times he will jog/walk around the pitch and people will frantically come in here and say he is inactive...those are the moments he is pacing himself/showing he understands where his body is at so next time he gets the ball he has the potential to do something explosive without risking injury. Of course, continuing to build up his fitness with their trainers and adhering to a really strict diet/fitness regime in the summer before pre-season is the real way to mitigate risk, and I am sure he will.

Comment

If Sardar really looks after himself then there isn't any reason why he can't Zlatan his way for another 12 years.... Players who have his attributes have a lot of longetivity if fitness holds.

Comment

what a beast he is. We are lucky we have him and Taremi. These two really stands out.

Comment

Man of the match again ...

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

^ Wow! I like that. When you really look at his performance on the pitch, he was the engine.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                          ^ Wow! I like that. When you really look at his performance on the pitch, he was the engine.

Go TM!
                          This was his best Bundesliga match yet (even without scoring). Great work Sardar!

Comment

He got 2,5 on kicker rating. And Patrick Schick was MOM

https://www.kicker.de/leverkusen-geg...721775/analyse

Comment

MOTM in back to back weeks. Very impressive. Nice to see him finally getting on a roll in Bundesliga to close out the season

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                                He got 2,5 on kicker rating. And Patrick Schick was MOM

https://www.kicker.de/leverkusen-geg...721775/analyse
                                Essi Jan I'm not sure but I think sardar was choosen MOM by the votings he got in twitter. This is what they've written (translated) : "For the second time in a row, Sardar #Azmoun has convinced you and receives the "Man of the Match" award from you after #B04SGE. Congratulations Sardar!"

Regardless of that sardar played some fantastic football and IMO he deserves the MOM although he did not get the highest ratings from all of the rating sites i have visited.

Comment

Working...
                                X