This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
    There seems to be lots of reports that Zenit have agreed to 20M for Yuri Alberto and he has his medical soon. If he joins Zenit now, I wonder if the Azmoun to Bayer Leverkusen move gets moved up to this window
    Definitely not. The free transfer for Leverkusen is only at the end of the season when Azmoun's contract is up.

Even if this was a possibility, they wouldn't just ship Azmoun off right away without acclimatizing the new striker first.

Comment

Man the guys highlight package is just insane. Reading the many comments dont remember any group of fans being so excited about transferring one of our boys. And this is just a fraction of what he did at zenit, not showing many other goals, assists, defensive plays, etc.

Will be so fun to finally see him in an environment where he can take his game to the next level

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
        Definitely not. The free transfer for Leverkusen is only at the end of the season when Azmoun's contract is up.

Even if this was a possibility, they wouldn't just ship Azmoun off right away without acclimatizing the new striker first.
        I wouldn’t count it out. There were rumors just a couple days ago that he’d go earlier for a 2-3M fee to Zenit. It’s not likely, but definitely not impossible

Comment

chance he leaves right now increasing...Yuri alberto deal is agreed now, just question of timing for january or summer. Seems zenit hand is now forced with azmoun agreeing deal, they prefer to ship him off right now to free up the foreign player slot for alberto.

For it to happen they'd have to agree some sort of loan fee with leverkusen to take azmoun for 6 months (Pretty sure it wouldnt be a normal transfer since azmoun already signed the agreement to join as free agent, which presumably includes a big signing bonus). If that can happen for some nominal fee of the same 1-2 mio juventus were considering, maybe including some bonus if leverkusen achieve CL qualification, then zenit seem suddenly willing to do a deal.

For this to happen leverkusen would need to seal departure of alario though. Supposedly they have solid bid of around 9 million from Palmeiras in brazil, as well as rumors gladbach want to take him on loan until the end of the year.

Would all have to be resolved in the next week, but given the quiet on zenit's side I wouldnt be surprised if some things are in motion

On Azmoun's side its probably for the best to get out of what now seems to be becoming toxic situation bc of zenit's bizarre reaction. But at the same time, joining in middle of season (when hes still covid positive, not match fit at all after injury at end of chelsea game + winter break) means he wont really get to hit the ground running or be able to contribute right away.

Comment

I wouldn’t count it out. There were rumors just a couple days ago that he’d go earlier for a 2-3M fee to Zenit. It’s not likely, but definitely not impossible
            Didn't they sign an agreement though? I don't think they'd be able to break it. (maybe im wrong about this part)

Again though, even if this was possible, Zenit would be stupid to let him go early and risk that new striker not being ready yet, especially for 2-3 million Euros. Wouldn't be a smart move and i'm certain it won't happen tbh.

Comment

Didn't they sign an agreement though? I don't think they'd be able to break it.

Again though, even if this was possible, Zenit would be stupid to let him go early and risk that new striker not being ready yet, especially for 2-3 million Euros. Wouldn't be a smart move and i'm certain it won't happen tbh.
              Well if Yuri comes now, they’re gonna have to open a foreign player slot. Also I don’t see why you feel that they need to slowly bring on a 20M signing. They didn’t do that Claudinho and they’re spending more on Yuri than they spent on Claudinho

Comment

Well if Yuri comes now, they’re gonna have to open a foreign player slot. Also I don’t see why you feel that they need to slowly bring on a 20M signing. They didn’t do that Claudinho and they’re spending more on Yuri than they spent on Claudinho
                Still don't think they'll take that risk for 2-3 million, especially if they have a lot of money and aren't in desperate need for it, which seems to be the case based on what i've heard from our memebers here.

Also, they might see it as more of a risk to quickly throw in a new striker up front to rely on for goals and replace someone like Azmoun who they heavily rely on. - Despite the new guy's price tag

Also, I believe they have 8 foreign player slots in the team. (let me know if i'm wrong!) - So they might be able to get rid of someone else instead of Azmoun.

Comment

Still don't think they'll take that risk for 2-3 million, especially if they have a lot of money and aren't in desperate need for it, which seems to be the case based on what i've heard from our memebers here.
                  Also, they might see it as more of a risk to quickly throw in a new striker up front to rely on for goals and replace someone like Azmoun who they heavily rely on. - Despite the new guy's price tag
                  Also, I believe they have 8 foreign player slots in the team. (let me know if i'm wrong!) - So they might be able to get rid of someone else instead of Azmoun.
                  dont think its realistic they will offload anybody else. Lovren - just signed, rakitskiy - probably teams most consistent performer, barrios, wendel, douglas, claudinho, malcom are all untouchable and on long term deals.

The issue has now changed. They seem to just be pissed azmoun signed a pre contract though he was perfectly within his legal rights to do so, and are making a somewhat emotional decision to get rid of him now. Maybe they think he would be unmotivated and just prefer to expedite the whole process of bringing in and bedding this new guy if they can. If he isnt ready right away (again doubtful, brazilian league is strong and he is very highly rated like claudinho who settled instantly) then there is still dzyuba who can be the lone CF in 433, or even the additional new cover guy sergeev.

Comment

4-6 months loan out to Juve would be a pretty sweet too..!

They need a stop-gap measure striker through the end of season & obviously got their purse strings tight ..! This would be a ideal solution for all parties involved..! Perhaps not so much for Leverkusen..!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      4-6 months loan out to Juve would be a pretty sweet too..!
                      They need a stop-gap measure striker through the end of season & obviously got their purse strings tight ..! This would be a ideal solution for all parties involved..! Perhaps not so much for Leverkusen..!?
                      they actually are going to sign vlahovic right now for ~EU70 mil, best CF on market after Haaland.

Im guessing that will be on payment plan until next ice age with installments including complimentary fiat and tiramisu to tie over fiorentina but go figure

italian corruption knows now bounds, Happy sardar avoided that league in the end. Something is always fishy

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        dont think its realistic they will offload anybody else. Lovren - just signed, rakitskiy - probably teams most consistent performer, barrios, wendel, douglas, claudinho, malcom are all untouchable and on long term deals.
                        The issue has now changed. They seem to just be pissed azmoun signed a pre contract though he was perfectly within his legal rights to do so, and are making a somewhat emotional decision to get rid of him now. Maybe they think he would be unmotivated and just prefer to expedite the whole process of bringing in and bedding this new guy if they can. If he isnt ready right away (again doubtful, brazilian league is strong and he is very highly rated like claudinho who settled instantly) then there is still dzyuba who can be the lone CF in 433, or even the additional new cover guy sergeev.
                        I know what you mean but their league race is pretty tight and only 1st place gets auto CL qualification.

I just can't see them deciding to risk this by sticking with Dzyuba alone or throwing in those new strikers right away without easing them in.

Maybe i'm wrong and like you said, they'll offload Azmoun instead since the other foreign players are important. I still don't think it'll happen but if they can loan him it's possible and there's a slight chance it happens i guess.

I also don't know if Azmoun would want to suddenly switch to Leverkusen right before the world cup like this, and potentially risk playing time as he acclimatizes. - Hopefully they don't force him out against his will, which would surprise me considering the good relations he has with Zenit.

Comment

hope he gets the fk out of there pronto - toxic environment

Ideally loan to bayer would be great so he can bed in early, otherwise Serie A would be great (juve, inter, roma, atalanta...)

Comment

^ I am also concerned about Sardar staying at Zenit for half a season. Everybody, including Zenit management, know that he is leaving. There is a human tendency to become resentful towards him and hopefully they are better than that yet I won't be surprised if the management and the fans start acting funny. I hope he gets a loan deal ASAP since he has less than a week. If I were him, I would be on the phone with may agent and my contacts 24/5 (only 5 days left in January) to get a loan deal finalized.

Go Sardar!

Comment

Meanwhile, I'm hoping someone swoops in and buys Schick so that Azmoun won't have to compete.
                              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                                Meanwhile, I'm hoping someone swoops in and buys Schick so that Azmoun won't have to compete.
                                Bayer has made it clear that Sardar will not be in competition with Schick, or vice versa. They will likely transition/evolve to a two striker system to take advantage of both of them (similar to Zenit, Porto, TM, etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X