Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCQ 2022: Iran - Iraq (Info, Reports & Live Updates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huuh just listned to khorshidis intervjue, 6-7 hours from istanbul airport, he has to go back there to take a new flight.. since plane took a detour.. hopefully tm can have one complete training before the game. in best case mehdi will be able to join that training..
    '
    but looking at flights from istanbul to tehran now and well, the rest goes so it seems to be on again today.. but middle landing in doha with over night stay..
    flight times between 25-31 hours totaly inclusive overnight and expected delays with qatar airways, tomorrow they go with total time 7 hours incl waiting inbetween flights
    positive side turkish airways flyes again tomorrow traveltime 3 hours.. directly no landing in doha

so if he gets place on the plane with turkish airways tomorrow he will be there somewhat fresh for the game.. probably dont need to much training he knows his role ok..
    but not optimal..
    also, i might giving incorrect info about the flights since i havnt checked all other sites just this one
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
      Iraq vs. Uganda
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WeuDCJWG6c
      The younger Iraqi team has a lot of pace! ... nothing to take for granted.
      Also -- what a nice stadium they have in Iraq. Khak tu sar eh harchi akhound e douzdeh!!
      Thank Iran.
      It's most probably built directly or indirectly by Iran money.
      Indirect as Iran spends so much in Iraq (constructions, pay offs, election campagns, free Electricity, ...) that allows them to redirect their oil revenues (WHICH BTW ARE FAR MORE THAN IRAN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!),towards such projects.

Well f&$k you very much IR

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        Thank Iran.
        Indirect as Iran spends so much in Iraq (constructions, pay offs, election campagns, free Electricity, ...) that allows them to redirect their oil revenues (WHICH BTW ARE FAR MORE THAN IRAN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!),towards such projects.

the karbala and basreh stadiums if i a not making mistake
        was paid and designed by iran.
        and if i recall zob ahan played there
        in acl and the fans attacked zob ahan playrs

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          Thank Iran.

They also have Umbro sponsorship with good PR:

https://www.umbro.co.uk/browse/c-Foo...49/c-Iraq-444/

https://www.umbro.com/en/football/cl...and-away-kits/

Comment

so possibly no taremi, no azmoun and no sayyadmanesh for first game,
            looks like its big chance for, ghaedi, zehedi, karim and kaveh to shine then..
            can possibly be his big breakthrough right here..

interestingly what afc and the rest couldnt do, bad wheather, corona and passport issues did to us..

i still se a 1-0 to 2-1, 3-1 victory here. scorers karim, zahedi and ezzatolahi.

i put one conceaded since noorollahi is gone, pressure on kanaani after all this that happened..
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

my lineup

beira/abedz
              hardani, shoja, kanaani, noorafkhan
              jahankakhs, ghoddos sarlak , amiri
              ansarfard, zahedi
              subbed in, ghaedi for zahedi

skocicks linep will will probably be

beira/abedz
              hardani, shoja, kanaani, amiri
              jahankakhs, ghoddos sarlak , torabi
              ansarfard, ghaedi

subbed in, zahedi for ghaedi
              noorafkhan subbed in for torabi but then moved to lb, and amiri up to midfield
              maybe hosseini if he needs a good foot instead of shoja

for me both works, i guess after putting it on print i actualy would go for " skocics lineup" over my own first imagined lineup.. as it saves some cards in the sleave for second half..

i guess im starting to get skocic tactic fever here
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I think it will be a tie game unfortunately with all this shit that is going on. We need to beat or tie UAE to advance.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                  I think it will be a tie game unfortunately with all this shit that is going on. We need to beat or tie UAE to advance.
                  you might just be right in that dream/nightmare you had my friend.

still, if korea doesnt lose their game to lebanon, and uae doesnt win their against syria, we will have our tickets eaven with a draw..

in other words, if korea takes points vs lebanon and syria takes points against uae, we just need a draw and these results are very possible.

just bad for our pot 2 dreams but atm il be just happy we are in wc, pot 2 isnt a requerment but just a dream scenario,
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
                    Morocco 2018 was head and shoulders above Egypt 2018.
                    Agreed, that's what I thought but didn't want to make the outright claim

Comment

How does Iraq have Umbro kits and we can't get good quality reputable brand as a sponsor, even Umbro? Iraq's kits are really nice

No hate against merooj but I'm still not sure. Feel like it could be better. Wearing nice kits is important, it gives confidence

Comment

iraq has 6 corona
                        in their camp

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                          How does Iraq have Umbro kits and we can't get good quality reputable brand as a sponsor, even Umbro? Iraq's kits are really nice

No hate against merooj but I'm still not sure. Feel like it could be better. Wearing nice kits is important, it gives confidence
                          Sanctions? No one dares to do business with us, they will get fined and punished hard, maybe even also sanctioned. It's not worth it for them I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                            you might just be right in that dream/nightmare you had my friend.
                            still, if korea doesnt lose their game to lebanon, and uae doesnt win their against syria, we will have our tickets eaven with a draw..
                            in other words, if korea takes points vs lebanon and syria takes points against uae, we just need a draw and these results are very possible.
                            just bad for our pot 2 dreams but atm il be just happy we are in wc, pot 2 isnt a requerment but just a dream scenario,
                            whenever we pinned hope in last minute results it never goes our way. Imagine we build a hope on S Korea not loosing to UAE in the last round game and if we don't beat Lebanon. I bet you Koreans will loose just to knock us out.

Comment

gotta respect Merooj for half rippof of nike just to it - they use, do it - my way
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                                Sanctions? No one dares to do business with us, they will get fined and punished hard, maybe even also sanctioned. It's not worth it for them I guess.
                                Iraq's situation is better than ours in this regard?

Germany still does trade with Iran so I'm not sure if it's that cut and dry

https://iran.ahk.de/en/media/news/ge...rading-partner

Comment

Working...
                                X