Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
    It's so ironic we played all these games away and won and now losing when we need to do it at home.
    I would barely call this game as home game since we took not take advantage of our fans. Lanat be in Jomhorie eslami

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
      I would barely call this game as home game since we took not take advantage of our fans. Lanat be in Jomhorie eslami
      Even Syria which is playing in Jordan has his fans. Just wow how incompetent the whole system is.
      Last edited by webmaster; 10-12-2021, 09:38 AM.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        It's also so funny that under Skocic people are saying we are winning matches because of individual brilliance, however that was NOT the case under Wilmots.

Also in your post I noticed you mentioned we are back to "bezan ziresh" football. Is this "bezan ziresh" football the same we played against China in Asian Cup 2019? Because I believe that was the epitome of "bezan ziresh" football and I could not have given you a better example of it.
        Easy answer….that’s because the players didn’t like him, whereas vs Skocic they do. It’s as simple as that, Sardar and JB themselves even have confirmed it. Wilmots had a toxic environment in TM and Skocic doesn’t, that’s the difference between the two and that’s about it.

Go look at the goals we scored in that game and 70-80% of the goals we scored in CQs reign. Counter attacks, set pieces, and build up all resulted in our goals and scoring chances. Not azmoun and Taremi playing cat-mouse and Ezi running down the middle of the pitch and hammering the ball onto goal.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
          Lol “out possessed.” Another fan who’s never watched Iran play South Korea and uses ONE game as an example. We played SK like 7 time’s under CQ. Why don’t you average out the possession stats.

Nobody is asking to compare the two. That’s what YOU are doing. I for one am happy with our team and its direction, and I am just focused on now.

Also for today, name me one good chance for Korea besides their goal and our defensive mistake at the end. I can name you like 5 chances for us that should have been a goal. We were the better team, just a bad day AND we still got a decent result. This was the best team we’re gonna play this round and we didn’t even look in danger. Looks good going forward
          You lost me at “we didn’t even look in danger.” I guess conceding for the first time this round at home and trailing til the 76th ain’t danger for you but let’s just agree to disagree lol

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
            Watching the goal again, that was a lovely ball from Azmoun. The ball is about to out of play and he has to scoop it up and put the power behind it, which he did perfectly.

Header was lovely too, from a far distance back (not as far as Estilli’s though).

This is why we need Azmoun on the pitch for as long as possible , yes he may disappear at times but he can make something out of nothing.
            LOL yes exactly! - He's involved in almost every single goal we score. Same goes to Taremi.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
              And for others Skocic is like the stepdad who is molesting them while they are too young to understand what is happening.
              Chill out dude. Chill the f out

Comment

I have to give props for us coming back from 1-0 to a good team. Overall not satisfied with the run of play and subs but a draw is a good result for us.

We would have won this game if we had fans in the stadium…

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  Exactly what I was thinking Nokhodi jaan. We were VERY unlucky not to win this match.

We hit the post twice, had lots of chances and completely dominated most of the match (except the beginning of each half).

And that's despite one of the best defensive matches I've seen from Korea and without our fans (12th man).

Instead of being happy that we're leading comfortably at the top of the table, people are complaining that we got scored on a goal after 7 matches at this level of qualification?!

As we say, when you have fans like this, you don't need enemies!

This sums it up quite well.

I think we were playing at 60% before getting scored on, which really fired up the bois.

They needed to play fired up from minute 1, however.

Second half we squeezed and sliced them very hard for most of the half until we scored, and we were very unlucky to not scored 2 or 3 goals in that half. not even counting ezatollahis goal which was so close and an individual effort.

They defended pretty well in the box and unfortunately saed was our ONLY midfield outlet and because of that we struggled to dictate tempo.

But even under CQ SK always seemed to be a better passer of the ball.

We had way more chances than them and we only conceded due to a horrible mistake from one of our own players.

Besides that, we contained them relatively well considering the quality of their front line was quite good.

Their midfielders were also taking accurate and very forceful shots from outside the box which our defenders blocked quite well from the majority of the game, with the exception of that chance at the very end of the game.

1-1 Was a fair result and my ONLY complaint is lack of full intensity since the start of the game and poor subs by skocic.

Usually his subs are good but today I think he was too conservative. I think with torabi and ghoddos sub perhaps we could have easily gotten the W while koreans were still chasing our shadow.
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

We played really well and were super close to winning - we hit the post twice with shots that fully beat the keeper and we also should have had a penalty for that CLEAR FOUL on Taremi in the box in the first half.

Unfortunately our defence has been opened with one or tow quick passes through the middle on multiple occasions / we just give up clear chances in the middle of our defence almost once every match. - Iraq had a good chance in the previous round to tie 1-1 like that, Syira in the first match this round (Khirbin missed great chance), UAE almost did this but luckily VAR noticed an offiside in the build up.

So I was almost certain Korea would get at least one great chance like this, and they are more likely to score this chance with players like Son up front - That's exactly what we saw today.

However, we honestly played great after the opening 25 min and responded so well! - scored a great goal, missed some good chances, should have had a penalty in first half to go up 1-0 instead of being down 1-1, then hit the post twice and played well overall.

If we had VAR and a crowd like we should have today, we very likely would have won this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      Easy answer….that’s because the players didn’t like him, whereas vs Skocic they do. It’s as simple as that, Sardar and JB themselves even have confirmed it. Wilmots had a toxic environment in TM and Skocic doesn’t, that’s the difference between the two and that’s about it.

Go look at the goals we scored in that game and 70-80% of the goals we scored in CQs reign. Counter attacks, set pieces, and build up all resulted in our goals and scoring chances. Not azmoun and Taremi playing cat-mouse and Ezi running down the middle of the pitch and hammering the ball onto goal.
                      Players do not get to choose who they want to sack. If that were the case, then shouldn't players left out by Skocic have a presentable case to sack him just because they don't like X, Y, or Z?

You are being 100% dishonest IF you are insisting we did not have goals from counter attacks, set pieces, and build up play under Skocic.

Comment

people under estimating how deflating it was to play without fans.
                        Also, Iran should have won with two goal posts hits.

People have points but we are really overreacting here.
                        Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                          Those last minute subs were absolutely useless. Doesnt even give the players enough time to get their legs warmed up. I am not one of those haters but this was an absolute shit decision by Skocic.
                          The offense was excellent in terms of creating plays - no one else on the bench except for Ghodoos can play like that so he kept the momentum going by not making subs.

Our fans are insane. I don’t think Skocic is world class but we’re playing South Korea, not exactly a minnow.
                          They can cut through teams like Germany, so let’s be reasonable and realize that we can’t just go all out attack and expect the opponent to have no chances. Not directed at you specifically, rather the Wild overreacting I see online on twitter, Instagram and this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post

Yes it is a big factor. Imagine the ROAR of the crowd after the 1-1 equaliser and the stress Korean players would be under. Or even in first half the crowd going crazy after Taremi bicycle kick.
                            Man I miss the days of 80-100K strong in azadi

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post

Really I am not overreacting, I just want to know why he doesn’t use a premier league player as Ghoddos instead he throws in IPL players that suck

Comment

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUOtCYeU0Dc
                                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

Working...
                                X