Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
    Hey SAAM.
    Remember under Queiroz when Doktor Mohandes Masoud Shojaei got his second yellow card in less than 10 minutes early in the second half and we won 1-0? Good times.
    Of course I remember. We were dominated in that game and it was one of the smash and grabs that I was talking about. We also lost to Lebanon, and Uzbekistan at home in that round. I love CQ more than most here and our team was awesome under him.

But he’s not our coach anymore. And the current man is doing a great job as I explained. We are in the driver’s seat and may be qualified by next month. And the team looks great. Besides a few subjective issues and subs, I’m happy.

Comment

guys, I know coach is very important, but we also have some real gaps in our team in certain positions. Our left and right wings (defensive and midfield) players are not solid. You noticed Koreas were aiming to explore the flanks and were successful to some very extend.
      Both Moharammi and Noorafkan are good players but not at the level of a tough and tougher matches ahead.

Comment

I’m satisfied with the result, but if you look beyond this game you see Skocic has no real game plan. The defenders were hoofing the ball a lot and just hoped for magic from Azmoun and Taremi, which has been our ‘plan’ the entire time. Having said this, Skocic his record is very deceiving of his bad tactics and horrible subs. With him we will go to the WC and have another group stage exit.

Comment

Originally posted by JoojehKoobedeh2 View Post
          By the we were out shot and out possessed at home! We may have had slightly better chances but yeah facts over feelings. Also Skocic subbed in Sarlak instead of Ghoddos, that’s all I need to say lol
          CQ outshot and out possessed the Koreans in Azadi last time so stop comparing the two and leave the past be the past. And I know we had our 12th man for that game but still.
          Lol “out possessed.” Another fan who’s never watched Iran play South Korea and uses ONE game as an example. We played SK like 7 time’s under CQ. Why don’t you average out the possession stats.

Nobody is asking to compare the two. That’s what YOU are doing. I for one am happy with our team and its direction, and I am just focused on now.

Also for today, name me one good chance for Korea besides their goal and our defensive mistake at the end. I can name you like 5 chances for us that should have been a goal. We were the better team, just a bad day AND we still got a decent result. This was the best team we’re gonna play this round and we didn’t even look in danger. Looks good going forward

Comment

Overall a good result but i really dislike how easy we lose the ball and thats not Skocic his fault, i mean how many times did i see the players losing the ball for nothing, i mean not even under pressure.

About Skocic i dont know why he didnt use his subs, some fresh players for the last 10 minutes !?! No matter who but anyone fresh, i felt like under Blazevic time, he also didnt sub too much.

I would have used Ghoddos, Ansarifard, Ghaedi or Torabi for sure, at least 7-8 minutes.

Comment

The idea was for our football to progress. Meaning a better result at the next World Cup. Not lowering our standards to that of a IPL midtable yes-man. The amount of bah bah chah chah I am seeing for a draw at home to South Korea when Saudi and Oman are beating Japan is embarrassing. Hope you guys enjoy the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                The idea was for our football to progress. Meaning a better result at the next World Cup. Not lowering our standards to that of a IPL midtable yes-man. The amount of bah bah chah chah I am seeing for a draw at home to South Korea when Saudi and Oman are beating Japan is embarrassing. Hope you guys enjoy the World Cup.
                WC is different, this Qualification schedule doesnt allow real training camps .... not till now.

Having seen a lot of games these days ive to say most NT dont play great right now

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  Lol back to bezan zeresh footy….ezi boots the ball into the box and crosses his fingers hoping azmoun or Taremi can snag the ball and get a shot on goal.

It’s so funny how the few ppl who criticized CQ criticized him for tactics he used and meanwhile there isn’t a single sign of any fucking tactic here or in any other first half of Skocic TM footy. This is freaking brutal
                  It's also so funny that under Skocic people are saying we are winning matches because of individual brilliance, however that was NOT the case under Wilmots.

Also in your post I noticed you mentioned we are back to "bezan ziresh" football. Is this "bezan ziresh" football the same we played against China in Asian Cup 2019? Because I believe that was the epitome of "bezan ziresh" football and I could not have given you a better example of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                    Honestly I’m so glad I don’t come on this forum anymore during games. I swear 90% of people who post on here are clueless when it comes to Iran and have never watched Iran play until now for sure.

I don’t know where you guys were when Iran used to play Korea EVEN UNDER QUEIROZ and we would just sit back and be dominated by them for like 70 mins while we would smash and grab the win. Today, we went toe to toe with them, had the better chances of the game, and defended cautiously when we could to avoid them taking advantage of their more mobile midfield and superior speed of play (something that Koreans traditionally have over us). Our entire back 4 dealt amazingly with their high press with accurate passing and great play under pressure. ONE defensive lapse led to their goal, which was unfortunate.

We obviously had issues offensively because they were very well organized and had a plan for both Azmoun and Taremi. What did you guys expect? For us to siege their goal? Have you ever watched Iran play South Korea before? Lol. Even in our most dominant win under CQ in WC 2018 qualifiers we had only a few chances and won 1-0 while keeping them quiet offensively. We actually had the most chances I’ve seen us have in recent memory against South Korea. If not for our defensive lapse, we may have snatched the 1-0 late in the game as Korea would have been tired and discouraged.

I have been watching Iran since 1999 and I honestly have never seen such a well organized and professionally playing team. This team looks much better than CQ’s Iran as well. I used to watch Hadi Aghili send the ball into orbit whenever it was passed back to him and now we got our CBs playing like midfielders. And these aren’t even traditionally our best two, as PAG is out, and Hosseini is out of form.

We need to work on our passing in the final third, but this team looks odds on to qualify. I don’t see us having issues getting 4-6 points in the next match day in November, and that should honestly be enough for us to qualify. Skokic needs to work on his subs but he has us playing very thoughtful and solid football.

I respect anyone’s constructive criticism of his team selections and other aspects of his coaching, but I’m sorry if anyone thinks this is “horrible” play thus far, you have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to Team Melli.
                    I agree with most of this post, but I think we have to agree there was a lack of structure to Skocic's tactics today.. Defensively we weren't nearly as formidable as CQ's team. Yes we had more chances but we also had a lot of poor giveaways that led to counter-attacks for Korea such as the goal they ended up scoring.

Still, 10 wins and 1 draw out of 11 games for Skocic is very impressive. A more focused Moharrami or a bit of luck with Ezatolahi and Taremi's long shots and it would've been 11 wins out of 11...

I will judge Skocic depending on how we play like against South Korea in Seoul. A win and I will be very impressed.

Comment

For some people, CQ leaving TM is like their father stranding them as children. Stop crying.

Comment

Originally posted by kianstarwars View Post
                        Ezzatollahi; what do you guys think of him?
                        He was the king today.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
                          For some people, CQ leaving TM is like their father stranding them as children. Stop crying.
                          And for others Skocic is like the stepdad who is molesting them while they are too young to understand what is happening.

Comment

Colleague of mine from SK, is reporting to me that he is seeing a lot of comments from his friends/family/social media comments that they were lucky with the tie against TM.

Comment

I hope Iraq and UAE draw that would be fantastic for us
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                                WC is different, this Qualification schedule doesnt allow real training camps .... not till now.

Having seen a lot of games these days ive to say most NT dont play great right now
                                Are we even giving ourselves a chance with this coach? The discussion is not even at camp or friendlies yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X