Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
    I wouldn't worry. The best the Koreans can do is hope for a draw. There is no way they will be scoring in the Iran Fortress.
    No my friend. Korea is the favorite for this match. Son is at the top league in the world and the korean squad is highly motivated. We barely able to beat uae the other day and we will have alot of pressure to play at home
    I hope we can have a good effort we must try our best but korea is the favorite and iran is the under dog
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      Its on tuesday 14:30 UK time. The match will end at 16:15 -20 . What time does your afternoon session start?
      Btw if you don't mind me asking, what A Level subject do you teach?
      I finish at 4.30 so working right through the game.

I’m a personal tutor so ‘teach’ the tutorial programme. It’s more of a pastoral job though , I have over 200 students that I look after. Helping them with study skills, other competencies and safeguarding issues. I also help them with their futures plans like ‘helping’ them with their university applications and being their reference. My degree is in History and Politics and wanted to finish off my teaching qualifications but the British government cut the scholarship money for History teaching completely. So I’m going to start my Masters next year, looking at Social Mobility with the Education sector.

Comment

It may not be a “must-win” game to qualify for the WC. But at this point the goal shouldn’t just be to qualify for the WC. It should be to set ourselves up for the best chance possible at the WC. We have an outside chance to squeeze into Pot 2 given our FIFA ranking, but we need to beat Korea to stay with Sweden, Wales, Senegal, and Peru, as they all just won this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          Bro, if we win against South Korea do you promise not to say this was one of the worst South Korea sides in recent times?
          Of course.

I actually think this is Korea squad is one of the most talented teams in recent Asian football history (not as talented as the current Iran squad). They also have a decent coach (better than Skocic IMO). They just for some reason have been underperforming so far in WCQ. That can change any given day and they give Iran the toughest test so far under skocic.

Comment

iran forgot to notify afc /fifa
            that they want fans at the match
            rule says 14 days prior
            now under 1k can go only

MASHALA MASHALA
            MASHALA
            i thought we moved on from
            simple things of not forgetting dates

Comment

According to IFF's PR director, IFF has notified AFC that 7k fans will attend the game.

https://www.isna.ir/news/14000717114...88%D8%A8%DB%8C

Comment

The most relevant part quoted from an article (link at the end):

The game in Iran is Korea's first away trip of the group.

"It's not a decisive game. It's just one more game," Korea's coach Paulo Bento said. "It'll be a tough game and a very good challenge for us. But I am sure it will be a tough game for them as well." Korea has never won in seven meetings in Iran, losing five and drawing two, though Bento insisted that he will not just settle for one point against Asia's best team, ranked 22 by FIFA.

We should play and fight to take three points," he said. "From the beginning, we're not going to play to draw the match. We're going to play to win the match."

source: https://www.devdiscourse.com/article...r-vs-australia

As I wrote before: this is not a "must win" game for either side.

However, both sides do take this game very seriously and will certainly play to win. For both, this will also be the most high caliber competitive game in a while and a real test to see where they really stand. I'm excpecting an interesting game to watch.

Comment

As the no. 1 ranked Team in Asia, we are expected to defeat Korea at home. Don't get me wrong Korea is a powerhouse, but they are not the same Korea as they were with players like Park-Ji Sung. In fact they struggled a lot against minor teams recently.
                  They were also lucky that we did our job against Syria back in WCQ 2018, otherwise they wouldn't even qualify for the WC.
                  I would love to see us playing 4-3-3, aggressive-attacking style :

-----------------------Beiro---------------------
                  Moharami---Kanaani------Shoja---------MiMo
                  ----------------------Ezzi-----------------------
                  -------ARJ----------------------Ghoddus-------
                  Gholizade---------Azmoun---------------Taremi

But Skocic will likely play 4-4-2 with the following lineup:

-----------------------Beiro---------------------
                  Moharami---Kanaani------Shoja-------Haysafi
                  -----------------Ezzi-------Nourollahi----------
                  ARJ--------------------------------------V.Amiri
                  -----------Azmoun---------------Taremi-------

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                    The most relevant part quoted from an article (link at the end):

The game in Iran is Korea's first away trip of the group.

"It's not a decisive game. It's just one more game," Korea's coach Paulo Bento said. "It'll be a tough game and a very good challenge for us. But I am sure it will be a tough game for them as well." Korea has never won in seven meetings in Iran, losing five and drawing two, though Bento insisted that he will not just settle for one point against Asia's best team, ranked 22 by FIFA.

We should play and fight to take three points," he said. "From the beginning, we're not going to play to draw the match. We're going to play to win the match."

source: https://www.devdiscourse.com/article...r-vs-australia

As I wrote before: this is not a "must win" game for either side.

However, both sides do take this game very seriously and will certainly play to win. For both, this will also be the most high caliber competitive game in a while and a real test to see where they really stand. I'm excpecting an interesting game to watch.
                    How could this be NOT a decisive game for Korea. Coach knows this very well. He is trying to downplay it to take the pressure off its players..

A loss to Iran will put them 5 points behind the leader Iran and only 2 points ahead of the third place team should any of Iraq, UAE or lebanon win their games. This could spill disaster for Korea who has had all its games at home so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                      How could this be NOT a decisive game for Korea. Coach knows this very well. He is trying to downplay it to take the pressure off its players..
                      A loss to Iran will put them 5 points behind the leader Iran and only 2 points ahead of the third place team should any of Iraq, UAE or lebanon win their games. This could spill disaster for Korea who has had all its games at home so far.
                      True. Yes, he's downplaying it. But if they get a draw, the relative positioning will not change in the group.

My whole point with the "must win" started when people referred to Iran having a "must win" game which is simply not true
                      and that if anything S. Korea will have more pressure than Iran.

In secret, I assume the South Korea 's coach Bento views this as a "must not lose" game in order to get at least a draw, so the table positioning does not change and still puts S. Korea in a comfortable second spot.

Of course, all sides try to play psychological games.

Regardless, Iran is in a comfortable position and if they keep the focus which I expect them to TM will keep or even improve upon the current standing.

Comment

It's their most important game actually, why else would they charter a flight and come with +100 people ?! Oo
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Panther View Post
                          Mohhamad Jaan , can you stop using the same words ? Inferiority complex for breakfast , lunch and dinner ? The man has a good point, we were horrible against UAE and you want to beat a team with IP grade strikers ? Our defenders don’t have enough experience against good teams so yes they will struggle. I say 0:0 but I hope we don’t lose.
                          Bah bah if it isn't our friend with the identity crisis mister Esteve (Steve) aka Pershian Panther.

First of all TM was clearly better than UAE so your statement of "they were horrible" is ridiculous. Secondly, TM is better than South Korea in every position plus we have a better coach. Just watch how Shoja and Hossein will own the Premier League strikers and how we'll dominate the South Koreans. See what excuses you and the likes of you will come up with then. The decent thing would be to remain silent and admit that your so called analyses comes from a deep rooted inferiority complex from being raised in the West and that it has nothing to do with the reality on the ground. I don't see that happening though so i expect more negativity from you and your "peers".

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                            No my friend. Korea is the favorite for this match. Son is at the top league in the world and the korean squad is highly motivated. We barely able to beat uae the other day and we will have alot of pressure to play at home
                            I hope we can have a good effort we must try our best but korea is the favorite and iran is the under dog
                            Iran is the underdog???
                            Iran -on a 10 game wining streak
                            Iran- playing at home
                            Iran- top of the table
                            SK- 1st away game
                            SK- tied Iraq
                            SK- playing away

Yes, SK is a tough team with a very talented player (Son), but so is Iran. A toss up game maybe, but Iran being the underdog...neh...
                            "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

I'm hoping that Skocic will replace Jahanbakhsh with Ghoddos or Gholizadeh, other than that he had chosen the best possible line up:

Beiranvand

Moharami Kanaani Shoja Noorafkan

Nourollahi Ezatolahi Amiri

Ghoddos Azmoun Taremi

Second half subs (depending on the score):

Gholizadeh
                              Ghaedi
                              Hajsafi ao

Comment

Official and announced by IFF: No spectators allowed

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/9767/%D8%A8%...A7%DA%AF%D8%B1

Comment

Working...
                                X