Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    For those without a link to watch the Iran-SK match live, you can RSVP to join the Zoom broadcast of the match live through NIAC (no politics allowed during this Zoom). And Kat will be doing halftime analysis!
    I disagree with NIACC that this is a "must-win" game. See my reasoning in the next post.

Comment

Not a "must-win" game

Reasons why this is not even close to a "must-win" game:

Iran is at the top of the table with 9 points, is 2 points ahead of S. Korea's 7. The next closest teams are at 2 points! That's a big lead already.

Even with a draw, Iran will still be at the top of the table with 10 points vs S. Korea 8. If one of the others win (instead of drawing again) they'll be at 5 points, if they all draw again, they'll be at 3 points, game over.

On the other hand, if Iran wins it'll be 12 Iran, 7 S. Korea...

I don't see Iran losing at Azadi stadium, spectors or no spectators.
      So S. Korea has more pressure than Iran, although a draw would be ok for both teams.

My predictions for this group:
      Iran and S. Korea will take the first two spots, with the others having to fight for the 3rd playoff spot.

Iran will qualify for the world cup in Qatar.

Comment

By winning every last 10 games, Team Meli, Dragan & Co have set themselves, if not us fans a high expectation and consistency they will go for a win and a win is what they will get.
        sigpic
        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
          By winning every last 10 games, Team Meli, Dragan & Co have set themselves, if not us fans a high expectation and consistency they will go for a win and a win is what they will get.
          I agree that Iran will play to win.

But that's not the definition of a "must-win" game.

The 2nd round games after Dragan Skočić took over were "must win".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
            apparently FIFA has threatened IRFF with a ban if women are not to be allowed into the stadiums.. so here's IRFF's reaction.. no fans at all using COVID as an excuse, throwing away our home advantage .. الله اکبر 😒
            Well the revolution was based on everything opposite to What was ok during the Shah days. So why would the Mullahs want to go back to this ??!!! It’s agains their whole business plan !!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
              Well the revolution was based on everything opposite to What was ok during the Shah days. So why would the Mullahs want to go back to this ??!!! It’s agains their whole business plan !!!
              They have plans? I haven't seen one coherent plan my whole life

What a sad cop out if they have no fans in the stadium. Anyway, its an even contest. Son and that Wolves striker Hwan Hee Chang can score goals.
              Midfield battle is huge, I would say Ghoddos, Ezatolahi are equal to Jung Woo-Young and Hwang In-beom in midfield distribution.
              I think our defense is slightly better than theirs but they have some tall defenders that might be problematic for Azmoun and Taremi in the air.

I think its going to come down to who takes their chances more. Korea to control tempo and us to be dangerous on counter.

Comment

Just realised that the kick off time on Monday is when I am in work and I can’t get it off . I will be busy giving a tutorial on revision techniques to A Level students. I might just tell them all ‘Do your best, that is all you can do’ and then walk off to my office to watch the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                  Just realised that the kick off time on Monday is when I am in work and I can’t get it off . I will be busy giving a tutorial on revision techniques to A Level students. I might just tell them all ‘Do your best, that is all you can do’ and then walk off to my office to watch the game.
                  It is indeed on Tuesday.

Comment

Thank you for that , unluckily for me though I am doing the same session every afternoon this coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                      The first real test?!!!
                      How about beating both Iraq and Bahrain, away from home, in do-or-die matches a few months ago?!! We know that Iran is better on paper, but that was a real test of grit, where Iran has failed before.
                      Neither team comes close to the level of competition we will face in the world cup from even a POT 4 team. This Iraq team was in shambles, and talks of their coach being sacked before the match, and Bahrain is a garbage team which Iranian fans tend to hype up too much because they got lucky against a couple of times.

Let's see how skocic does against actual competition. I'd be happy with a draw.
                      Last edited by The; 10-09-2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

There's been very little in just under 1,000 mins of Skocic-ball to suggest we won't be firmly second-best here. Again, it's simply down to what our 2-man team can conjure up by themselves but rest assured, our defence is going to finally be punished for its incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          Neither team comes close to the level of competition we will face in the world cup from even a POT 4 team. This Iraq team was in shambles, and talks of their coach being sacked before the match, and Bahrain is a garbage team which Iranian fans tend to hype up too much because they got lucky against a couple of times.

Let's see how skocic does against actual competition. I'd be happy with a draw.
                          Bro, if we win against South Korea do you promise not to say this was one of the worst South Korea sides in recent times?

Comment

All the teams we have faced so far were utter garbage and in the word of one of our famous members “Iran are the under 🐕”

We know come the World Cup we shall face the mighty Goliath but let’s enjoy the ran in. We def need some tough friendlies and a competitive 4/8 team tournament to truly test ourselves but first thing is to make it to the World Cup and until then every team we play against are “Brazil”!
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                              Thank you for that , unluckily for me though I am doing the same session every afternoon this coming week.
                              Its on tuesday 14:30 UK time. The match will end at 16:15 -20 . What time does your afternoon session start?

Btw if you don't mind me asking, what A Level subject do you teach?

Comment

One thing I have noticed about Iran's team is that it is capable of bringing its game to the level of its opposition. The game with Korea will certainly be as it has always been a very exciting and high level game. Put away UAE game. It is history!

The game will have far and few between opportunities for each of the team. The one that can capitalize better, will be happier at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X