No announcement yet.

QSL & UAE league legionnaires 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe with saeid out he will get called now...god help us if sarlak starts at base of midfield vs SK.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      maybe with saeid out he will get called now...god help us if sarlak starts at base of midfield vs SK.
      God no please no sarlak! we had enough of his shit. I hope omid get called up.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post

Wow.. Omid's highlights during 2020-2021
        He's our best performing player in the QSL. I think he deserves a callup. Even though he's 34 now he's still very fit and nimble with his feet!
        Judging from these highlights, Ebrahim is one of the older players who has been wrongfully phased out by Skocic for no apparent reason. Albeit the quality of QSL looks horrible which is why he, as a classic central defensive midfielder, gets in goal scoring positions so often, he should be getting the call-up until we permanently fix our CM / DM issues. I think we can squeeze at least one more WC out of him. Especially considering we have one 32 year old CB playing in this pathetic league and doing way worse.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          I prefer 10000x we call up a younger CM like Khodabandelou if we are going to call likes of Sarlak and Kamyabinia...players so limited with such an obvious low ceiling that wont get us anywhere.

If kamyabinia was not good enough for tm in past 5-7 years why would that suddenly change at age 33?!

With omid at least we can point to him being our best player in Russia, one of the best in Asian Cup, had a very decent stint in Belgium as a starter and key player for same Eupen that wouldnt give saeid minutes, and is now one of the best performers in QSL for what its worth, dragging his team from 8th to 3rd since he joined.

Comment

I love Omid too. Such a solid and classy players. And I am not basing my opinion based on his highlight reel, I just love solid/no frills players like Omid and Vahid Amiri. But for whatever reason (probably age), he has not been called up. A classy guy that did not complain about it and I am sure will be happy to serve TM again if called upon. But given that we are grooming Sarlak for that position, I reviewed Sarlak's minutes in TM. He has played 7 times for a total minutes of 141 minutes all under Skocic. So roughly, 20 minutes on average per game.
            I would like to be not too harsh on Sarlak and not judge his level too quickly as these seven games have all been very sensitive games, he is new to TM and as we all know, it takes a few minutes to settle down in each game... Given that Skocic sees something in him and we are light in the defensive mid position, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Comment

I wouldn't be so harsh on Sarlak either.
              Omid was having problems handling midfielders from Guam, and he was one of the last cuts by CQ for WC 2014 if you recall.
              However, he really improved himself physically and was an absolute tank for us in WC 2018.

I hope Skocic is just as concerned with physical conditioning and fitness of our players, as based on the very limited training time before the winter World Cup, TM won't have much of chance to go through an actual conditioning program.

Comment

If Ebrahimi had stayed with Eupen or in Europe generally, he would be a starter and even captain for me. However he will be 35 in a few months, i dont know if its really necessary to call up a player that age playing in Qatar..

Then again, pitbulls like Ebrahimi and Amiri can always be useful. Hard choice. But i would say, if he manages to move back to europe this summer and stays in shape, he should 100% be part of our 23.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                  If Ebrahimi had stayed with Eupen or in Europe generally, he would be a starter and even captain for me. However he will be 35 in a few months, i dont know if its really necessary to call up a player that age playing in Qatar..

Then again, pitbulls like Ebrahimi and Amiri can always be useful. Hard choice. But i would say, if he manages to move back to europe this summer and stays in shape, he should 100% be part of our 23.
                  I wonder why he left Europe, so sad, he had the foundation to be a VERY good CDM / CM for a long time for team melli. CQ had a lot of trust in him too.
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                    I wonder why he left Europe, so sad, he had the foundation to be a VERY good CDM / CM for a long time for team melli. CQ had a lot of trust in him too.
                    Primarily money. He was 30 years old and had been playing in Iran his whole career. He deservedly, wanted to make some cash for retirement.
                    Only reason he even got into Europe was because the club was tied to Qatar.

Comment

Good interview with Omid. Alvakreh is in third place and they have a good chance of making it to ACL next year. The team came from second division and is from the older parts of Doha (Vakreh). The fact that they are in third place is a surprise in QSL and defense has played a big role. Omid has been a solid factor in that accomplishment. He is very modest in the interview and says that he will give it all if he is called up but he thinks Skocic has a different style and thinking. It's good to know that he has kept himself in good shape. https://www.varzesh3.com/news/181182...A9%D9%86%D9%85

Interesting fact about Omid is that his full last name is Ebrahimi Zarandini (Zarandin is in Mazandaran province). He should have stuck with Omid Zarandini hoping that European teams would think he is Italian

Go Omid!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                        Good interview with Omid. Alvakreh is in third place and they have a good chance of making it to ACL next year. The team came from second division and is from the older parts of Doha (Vakreh). The fact that they are in third place is a surprise in QSL and defense has played a big role. Omid has been a solid factor in that accomplishment. He is very modest in the interview and says that he will give it all if he is called up but he thinks Skocic has a different style and thinking. It's good to know that he has kept himself in good shape. https://www.varzesh3.com/news/181182...A9%D9%86%D9%85

Interesting fact about Omid is that his full last name is Ebrahimi Zarandini (Zarandin is in Mazandaran province). He should have stuck with Omid Zarandini hoping that European teams would think he is Italian

Go Omid!
                        I have 2 relatives (by marriage, not blood) who have the full last names which usually references a small village.
                        They're honestly much more easier to pronounce and easier to get by with outside of Iran. They mostly sound Italian or French or East European.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                          It was actually surprising he did move to europe even, afterall he was already 32 yeas old. However as Nokhodi pointed out Eupen got strong Qatari ties, which definately played a role in the transfer. Too bad he left, he immediately became an important player and at honestly at that age, a better move couldnt even had happened to him.

Another sad thing is that he only played in IPL once he was 23 and had his first TM cap at 25. Pretty much a similar story to Taremi and others. Most our talents are discovered way too late.

Imagine an Ebrahimi or Taremi being discovered at 18, 19 and playing in Europe by the time they 21.

Comment

While we are at it why not call up 35yr old Dejagah playing for AL Shaniya of QSL second division lol...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              While we are at it why not call up 35yr old Dejagah playing for AL Shaniya of QSL second division lol...
                              lol yea or even masoud shojaei. No but seriously joke a side I've been hearing about Omid ebrahimi's performance on social media for last 1 year or so. He has been in team of the week few times he deffo deserves it more than kamyabinia. You have to be good be useful to stay in qatar league otherwise they kick you out.

Comment

Omid can still be a great asset for us. Yes, he's a little older, but he's 100X better than Sarlak and Kamyabinia.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X