X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-0 HT

Comment

Comment

^Better stats than last game, more experience & higher self-confidence!

Comment

Under all that layers, it’s really difficult to criticise the ladies game. They are certainly more technical of the two sides but the inexperience clearly shows. They are very slow and not having the strength or know how to creat real chances and make use of space. No expectations at this stage though.

Let’s just say, this has been an invaluable tournament for them to build on for future. Well done ladies.
          sigpic
          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I am proud of our girls playing at this level, given how they are treated in that backward akhound country ... and worse is playing with that ridiculous arab outfit.

Keep going forward! hopefully one day soon and when we get rid of the akhounds, you will show the world what you are made of.

Comment

Comment

Modern football among all that jaz require
                Physical fitness
                Running,
                speed
                skills
                passing

Iranian team had none

Significant of these games for Women football in Iran is exposure specially to young girls to get involve for future generation,

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                  Modern football among all that jaz require
                  Physical fitness
                  Running,
                  speed
                  skills
                  passing

Iranian team had none

Significant of these games for Women football in Iran is exposure specially to young girls to get involve for future generation,
                  Iranian women will not be able to thrive in current IR environment. Let's call a spade a spade.

I have no doubt if we had a decent government Iranian women would be the best team in Asia - just like our men.
                  "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

They never stopped running or fighting even when they were behind 5-0. Just like the previous two matches. Women's TM had never tied Chinese Taipei let alone defeating them. The tie vs India was the most significant accomplishment of the team and was well deserved. I agree that the value of this participation was to gain experience and prepare for the future. I acknowledge that Azizi Khadem and IFF have attempted to make the situation more equal for Women's TM, unfortunately whole IR system is so patriarchal, sexist and misogynist that they have an uphill battle if not an impossible task. I still think Women's TM could get better even with all the limitations of hijab and being treated like second class citizens. I keep standing for them. I may not see the end of IR but I am sure future generations will celebrate freedom and gender equality in Iran.

Go Women's TM!

Comment

Our win over Jordan probably makes us the best Muslim team in Asia and there tie with host India is accomplishment by it self. In my opinion, even removing the hijab is not going to make a difference, our women are built different than Americans/Europeans. You can argue so are Asians, but they have organization and discipline. Our women’s futsal team is beating teams without hijab by more than 5 goals every game, we must except that we are not built for some sports. It took our men football team many years to compete at the world stage, it will take our women’s team as much if not more. They recently allowed women’s weightlifting and we’re not far off from competing in the Olympics. Not a fan of enforced hijab, but we must understand that we are naturally good at some sports and we must practice many years to become good in others.

Comment

Originally posted by 026121 View Post
                        Our win over Jordan probably makes us the best Muslim team in Asia and there tie with host India is accomplishment by it self. In my opinion, even removing the hijab is not going to make a difference, our women are built different than Americans/Europeans. You can argue so are Asians, but they have organization and discipline. Our women’s futsal team is beating teams without hijab by more than 5 goals every game, we must except that we are not built for some sports. It took our men football team many years to compete at the world stage, it will take our women’s team as much if not more. They recently allowed women’s weightlifting and we’re not far off from competing in the Olympics. Not a fan of enforced hijab, but we must understand that we are naturally good at some sports and we must practice many years to become good in others.
                        give it time and iwnt will be good.
                        not too lng ago iranian women where
                        play in YE GHOOL 2 GHOOL WCQ

now they arei n asian cup which was surprising.
                        let the ye ghol 2 ghol generation die and the generation
                        which will be born in tge next 5 years will make it to
                        semifinal of asian cup.
                        THEY GET A for their passion and ghirat.

Comment

Originally posted by 026121 View Post
                          Give it time man. We are bless with all sorts physiques and attributes in Iran. We can excel in any sport as long as we start from the foundation and provide actual opportunities to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Give it time man. We are bless with all sorts physiques and attributes in Iran. We can excel in any sport as long as we start from the foundation and provide actual opportunities to get better.
                            I agree that was my main point, besides hijab it’s going to take years for our women to improve with more playing time and training from a young age. I appreciate what they accomplished, just saying don’t expect much from them on the world stage, they don’t have the body make up strength to compete with Europeans/Americans. When you don’t have body strength you need speed which is a important factor that Asians have so is their organization/discipline.
                            Also, we are naturally better in some sports than others, futsal because we play in tight spaces in the streets from a young age and wrestling/weightlifting due to our pahlivan zoorkhoneh tradition.

Comment

As many of you probably know, there are a lot of talented second/third generation female footballers in the US and Europe. However due to political/women rights issues, these girls would never consider playing for their original homeland.

Comment

Look at some of the top teams in Women’s football, what similarities do you see here,
                                US, Germany, Sweden, Norway, England + Brazil, Japan, China

Why are Turkey, Greece, Armenia or Azerbaijan not competing at major tournaments

Comment

Working...
                                X