Fifa World Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
    Why are even Mexico and USA in pot 2? What have they even achieved??
    I understand Mexico, but USA has absolutely no business being in Pot 2 let alone being one spot away from Germany.. Just shows how laughable the rankings are.
    USA should be in the 25-30 range.

Comment

Have a feeling we will get Brazil in our group.. Don't ask me why.. I called it first.

Someone quote me later. No I don't have the winning lottery numbers...

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Have a feeling we will get Brazil in our group.. Don't ask me why.. I called it first.
        Someone quote me later. No I don't have the winning lottery numbers...
        Just have a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
          Just have a guess.
          Brazil, Switzerland, Iran, Canada

Could be very wrong though

Comment

I’d like us to get England and beat England so I can wear my Iran top at work the next day.

Edit - putting my guess in on what the potential rankings may be

England , Croatia , Iran , Panama

Comment

I’d rather avoid Canada. Their current ranking isn’t a good reflection of their level as they’ve been rapidly rising (they were at 94 just a year ago). They’ve been dominant in their WCQ campaign, beating both USA and Mexico. There’s actually a good chance they’ll be in pot 3 by the time of the draw

I think the speed of Alphonso Davies would give us a lot of trouble. And their team is much more than just Davies (they just beat the USA without him and Eustacio, Taremis new teammate at Porto). Jonathan David is also a very physical and lethal striker who would give us a lot of trouble (he’s on pace to catch Daeis 109 as he just scored his 20th in 27 caps and just only turned 22 and has all the big European clubs racing to sign him from Lille this summer)

If we get a Concacaf team, Canada is the last one I’d want in our group. They’re the most dangerous and a bad matchup for us with their speed. I think we can do much better against the USA, Mexico, and Panama (if they qualify as they’re on track to)

Comment

wait... Canada beat Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                  wait... Canada beat Canada?
                  Dammit you got me lol. Fixed it

Comment

USA being so high in ranking is an absolute joke. But remember FIFA wants it that way this way the sport stays popular in the country and generate a ton of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                      USA being so high in ranking is an absolute joke. But remember FIFA wants it that way this way the sport stays popular in the country and generate a ton of money.
                      We would bang USA & Canada easily, i hope we get grouped with those yankees to show them who‘s boss just like in 98 😄

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                        I’d rather avoid Canada. Their current ranking isn’t a good reflection of their level as they’ve been rapidly rising (they were at 94 just a year ago). They’ve been dominant in their WCQ campaign, beating both USA and Mexico. There’s actually a good chance they’ll be in pot 3 by the time of the draw

I think the speed of Alphonso Davies would give us a lot of trouble. And their team is much more than just Davies (they just beat the USA without him and Eustacio, Taremis new teammate at Porto). Jonathan David is also a very physical and lethal striker who would give us a lot of trouble (he’s on pace to catch Daeis 109 as he just scored his 20th in 27 caps and just only turned 22 and has all the big European clubs racing to sign him from Lille this summer)

If we get a Concacaf team, Canada is the last one I’d want in our group. They’re the most dangerous and a bad matchup for us with their speed. I think we can do much better against the USA, Mexico, and Panama (if they qualify as they’re on track to)
                        i'd still take canada over Mexico .... they lack WC experience and pedigree and will likely be happy just to make up the numbers..!
                        otherwise i agree with the rest..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          i'd still take canada over Mexico .... they lack WC experience and pedigree and will likely be happy just to make up the numbers..!
                          Yeah and we still need to get revenge for 2006

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            I would take Canada in a heart beat. They make silly fouls, don't defend well in 18 yard box...just watch the last match with Honduras and El Salvador, and when jn doubt they just kick the ball ali Asghari style...which happens alot. They rely heavily on counters and are keen to let the other team dictate the match. You score first on Canada and they fall apart!

Mexico and the USA have WC pedigree. They know what they are walking into and will elevate. Same can be said of S. American teams...BTW I cheer for Canada outside of TM but this feels like WC 98 when I was just happy TM made it. Canada could sneak a win but not because they are the better team as they have shown in their last 3 matches.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Getting grouped with USA/Mexico is our best hope to qualify for the knockout stage.
                              If we are grouped with any other team, our chances diminish. There is still a slight possibility that USA goes to Pot 1.

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
                                Yeah and we still need to get revenge for 2006
                                no worries..! we'll ko them in the round of 16..!

Comment

Working...
                                X