No announcement yet.

Fifa World Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dieng just doubled the lead. Likely Senegal vs Egypt in final but whatever the result senegal will have more fifa ranking points than iran.

Got to hope that Salah beats Mane on 29 March I guess

Comment

Burkina Faso scored so 2-1 now. Still a lifeline

Edit: nvm Senegal 3-1. All hopes on CQ and Salah now

Comment

Senegal 3-1 now. Mane with a beaut goal.
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
          I’m reading misleading and inaccurate information here so I will clear this up for everyone.

Iran’s FIFA rank is currently 21.
          According to the current ELO system, Iran’s next FIFA ranking with current results is 20.

Iran needs to be ranked top 16 for pot 2.

Qatar is in pot 1, and they aren’t ranked top 16. However, at least one of Italy or Portugal can’t qualify and therefore
          Iran will be pot 2 if ranked top 16.

There are currently 9 teams above Iran who haven’t qualified.
          These teams are:

Italy (6)
          Portugal (8)
          USA (11)
          Mexico (14)
          Colombia (16)
          Uruguay (17)
          Sweden (18)
          Wales (19)
          Senegal (20)

Iran (21) doesn’t have to be ranked top 16 for pot 2.
          Iran can get pot 2 as long as 5 of these teams don’t qualify because then there are only 15 teams qualified above Iran (including Qatar).

I don’t know if FIFA will release an updated rank after AFCON or wait until the World Cup draws.
          If they do release it before, then Senegal will be ranked below Iran in the next FIFA ranking unless they win their remaining AFCON games.

They also have a playoff game vs Egypt for qualification.

Italy and/or Portugal won’t qualify. At least one of then won’t.

Mexico and/or USA can lose out on qualification if Panama and Costa Rica catch up.

Panama has one point less than Mexico and USA with 4 games left to play.

Colombia is currently 7th in the CONMEBOL qualifiers. Uruguay is also in danger because of Ecuador, Peru and Chile.

Sweden and Wales have to win against two different teams to qualify which is tough.

Iran needs to be ranked top 16 or that 5 out of these 9 teams don’t qualify, in order to get pot 2.
          You are operating based on last month's rankings, I was using live rankings. But still the above highlighted sentence doesn't make sense to me. Using last month's ranking, we are 21st and if 5 of the teams below us don't make it, we'll be ranked 16th. 15 teams ahead of us plus Qatar make up pot 1 and 2. We'll be in Pot 3, no? I think we need 6 of the teams ahead of us to not make it.

It is hard to see US, Mexico and either Uruguay or Colombia not make it. If my understanding is correct, every other team in your list above except for US, Mexico and one of Uruguay or Colombia have to drop out for us to make it to pot 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            Yeah.
            Thats why I said there's hardly any difference between pots 3 and 4.
            Only a pot 2 scenario could increase our chances

A super lucky group like
            Belgium
            Iran
            Wales
            Tunisia
            .... I can look forward to.
            A very distant possibility. But one can always dream 😁
            Honestly, this group would be lowkey hard LOL

Belgium IMO is the best team in the world, and Tunisia and Wales are both super underrated

I'd rather see a group like:

-England
            -Iran
            -Peru
            -Canada

Comment

Tbh, I don't want Iran to be in the pot 2. Imagine what will happen if we advance to the knockout stage after getting an easy group. The haters will say "Iran was just lucky. The seeding system sucks!".

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
                Tbh, I don't want Iran to be in the pot 2. Imagine what will happen if we advance to the knockout stage after getting an easy group. The haters will say "Iran was just lucky. The seeding system sucks!".
                Who cares what others say? All I care about is our team getting exposure and making history by getting into the knockout round for the first time ever. I’ll take an easy group any time

Comment

Senegal in the final twice in a row. They have been the most consistent team in Africa. I don't see Egypt beating Senegal in WCQ...Btw did FIFA announce they would use the rankings this time?

Comment

HUH ????????????

for 92 years, European and South Americans have had the advantage of home field advantage and guaranteed pot 1 and 2 seedings in the worldcup. Did they care what the "haters" said ??? No, they played and won, and the day after, no one remembered or cared about the seedings.

The Koreans got to the semi finals, and the japnese to the qurter finals ...... the Saudis went to the knockout stage. Does anyone care or even remember what their seedings were ?
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                      Senegal in the final twice in a row. They have been the most consistent team in Africa. I don't see Egypt beating Senegal in WCQ...Btw did FIFA announce they would use the rankings this time?
                      I watched their game against burkina faso. I have to say they played some unorganized football. It could've easily be other way round but i guess senegal got lucky. I also watched Egypt's 2 games and i think CQ have totally made them organized defensively so its very hard to score against egypt They've only conceded 2 goals and 1 of the goals was from penalty .

Comment

History will only remember the results. Everyone remembers that Turkey got 3rd place in the 2002 world cup, but no one seems to remember that they never faced any European teams, beat only 1 African team, played only 1 North American team (which they tied), beat 3 Asian teams (that's right, not 1, but 3), and lost to the only South American team they played (Brazil) twice. They basically played the Asian cup on the world stage and got to third. I can't think of any other nation getting such an easy path to the semifinals, but no one remembers the teams they played, they just remember the end result 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                          Honestly, this group would be lowkey hard LOL

Belgium IMO is the best team in the world, and Tunisia and Wales are both super underrated

I'd rather see a group like:

-England
                          -Iran
                          -Peru
                          -Canada
                          Wait what? Who rated Tunisia? They are garbage lol

Comment

As long as there is a chance to be seeded in pot 2, we need to continue to play to win with a full strength A team, not experiment with B and C teams.

Just keep winning!

For experimentation, we need camps and friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                              just checked their squad on wiki, wow all their players are in europe

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                                just checked their squad on wiki, wow all their players are in europe
                                From what I remember, they've always had most, of not all players playing in Europe, especially France due to the fact they speak French.

Comment

Working...
                                X