Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Iraq; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (07.09.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
    ey baba, i really really thought it was today
    farda chi dorost konam XD
    maaan thats rough, but still a chelokabab day is a good day
    lmao i suggest chelokabab again or ghormeh sabzi

btw,
    your chelokabab and mast musir post made me decide to order from our chelokababi in this city tomorrow ( i make good chelokabab but im to damn lazy today and have to much to do)
    so tomorrow its going to be deliveryday from the resturant and im going to spend some money to get the whole buffe
    Edit, im going there, they apparently have a all u can eat buffe tomorrow , so imma eat till i drop.. you dont hear from me again during or after the game you know i died happy of od heartattack of chelokabab
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

According to my Iraqi friend, Ali Adnan is out of form since he has been clubless since June

He's still their best player though IMO, clubless or not. So not having Adnan will do us favors for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        highly doubtful such scorelines..!!
        it'll likely be another 1-0 victory with opportunist Sardar again getting us the vital winning goal bit later into 2nd half..!!
        i think DickA will again opt for a pragmatic, Park the Bus and Counter approach in this game and will aim primarily for a Draw and hoping he could hit us for a winner late on when they are more likely to venture forward and counter more daringly or off of a FK/CK, set piece of sort..!
        lol i know Im just dreaming away here. im happy with 1-0 aswell, but uuh that would be so sweet. so until game starts tomorrow, we have won win with 4-0

something i thought about the day after our win against syria was when i saw our possession. 76-24 against syria. and thaugt i have seen many top countries play these games against these park the bus nations and have a hard time and barely winning, and many times drawing the games. and our team didnt eaven havae so much time to train together and still made that nice combo goal. so i have to say, in difference with what i said during and after the game, that TM still probably made a ok game. the defence though was worriyng shaky few times and that is probably due to lack of practice together. maybe this will be better against iraqis. i hope and believe we will have a good game against them. but still, we should have had a 2 week more trainingcamp and atleast a 3-5 days more with the legionaries that we had only 2 days of total.

anyway, tomorron we make them soorakh and then chelokabab party food koma supersweet sleep
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

it's really a shame though that Iran seems incapable of installing VAR in Azadi. I mean how difficult can it be? And the reason is really due to sanctions? Really? So sanctions make it impossible for Iran to install a couple TVs or whatever in Azadi?

This government is really incapable of doing anything.

Comment

ey baba, i really really thought it was today

farda chi dorost konam XD
            kale pache
            torshi
            noon sangak

Comment

Comment

Comment

Road to Qatar: Iraq, Iran set for titanic clash

Iraq and the Islamic Republic of Iran are looking to continue their unbeaten start to the AFC Asian Qualifiers - Road to Qatar Group A when they lock horns in Doha on Tuesday.

On head coach Dick Advocaat’s competitive debut at the helm, Iraq held Korea Republic to a goalless draw in Seoul with the Dutchman content with ceding possession and looking to hit on the counter.

Meanwhile, their neighbours IR Iran produced the only win of the group on the opening day when captain Alireza Jahanbakhsh’s deflected shot settled in the Syrians’ net, with Team Melli going into Matchday Two leading Group A with three points, two ahead of the four sides that drew in the previous round of matches.

The two teams have a lot of history between them, that being most recently the double header in the previous round of the Asian Qualifiers: The Lions of Mesopotamia recorded a 2-1 home win, with the return leg settled by Sardar Azmoun at the Azadi Stadium in Tehran.

Azmoun will be welcomed back into the fold, having missed out on his side’s opening match through suspension, while head coach Dragan Skočić continues his recovery from COVID-19, having left assistant Marijo Tot to lead the team in the previous game.

“We saw how Japan was defeated at home by Oman and Korea Republic and Iraq drew in Seoul,” said Tot.

“This shows that the teams are close and winning requires hard work. All of our players did well against Syria, and I would also like to thank all our technical and support staff at the national team.”

Iraq’s Advocaat vowed to take a different approach against IR Iran, after being content with defending for large swathes of their previous game and only bringing on offensive support in the form of Justin Meram and Mohanad Ali later in the game.

“We played really well defensively in the last game,” said Advocaat

“We will play a lot more offensively in the next game, which will be an extremely important one for us. We only started preparing for the games two weeks ago and half of our squad consists of new players.”

Tuesday’s fixture will be the sixth between the two sides in FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, with IR Iran having won three to Iraq’s two.

It will also be the second time they face off in Doha in the Qualifiers, with the late Ahmed Radhi and Alaa Kadhim having led Iraq to a 2-1 win in the Road to USA 1994.

https://www.the-afc.com/competitions...-titanic-clash

Comment

Many people will disagree with me, but I think one of the best ways to beat Iraq on tuesday is to play defensive and rely on counter attacks

Give Iraq the possession and force them to turnover the ball and feed taremi and azmoun and score on the counter

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                      Many people will disagree with me, but I think one of the best ways to beat Iraq on tuesday is to play defensive and rely on counter attacks
                      Give Iraq the possession and force them to turnover the ball and feed taremi and azmoun and score on the counter
                      It's an interesting thought.

The Iraqi coach claimed today that Iraq will play a more attacking game vs their defensive mindset in the last game.
                      So if that's true, maybe Iran should sit back and let the Iraqis wear themselves out. The problem with that is that I'm not so sure our defense is that foolproof currently.
                      But Iran could then also use an attacking strategy, i.e. it would start as an open game.

My best guess on Iran's strategy is that Iran will come out swinging. The reason being that Iran has a stronger offense than Iraq at this point and that playing to your strength often seems to be the best strategy in these matters.

Comment

Made my standard "fast food" version of kebab kubide from the oven , perfected rice & Mast-e musir , fresh herbs & Doogh to top it all.
                        Lets goooo!!
                        What’s kubideh?🤔🤔🤔

Comment

Originally posted by JoojehKoobedeh2 View Post
                          What’s kubideh?🤔🤔🤔
                          An artifact of a combination of the missing vowels in Arabic script which leads to vowel drifts in spoken Persian depending on the regional accent, and then phonetically transliterating into the English language which also suffers from vowel drifts such that even native English speakers often are not sure how to pronounce a written word they don't know.

I wish everyone spoke and transliterated as clearly as the Italians: a, e, i, o, u. Unambiguously pronounced in one way no matter what region you're from. Read an Italian word and know 100% how to pronounce it. What a concept!

Comment

PREVIEW ARTICLE: Iran vs. Iraq

golbezanpodcast.com
                            twitter.com/GolBezan
                            instagram.com/GolBezan
                            youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post

yea, that's most likely how we end up beating them tomorrow anyhow... swift counter sardar goal ..... regardless of their coach saying otherwise, i highly doubt they'll dare taking an attacking approach vs us in tomorrows game ..!!
                              Patient, LevelHeaded, well-disciplined and overall Balanced approach is the key to us winning tomorrow..!!
                              so long we dont get too overzealous and overly gheryrati and not commit silly fouls.... we certainly have the overall quality difference to eventually undo them..!

Comment

Extra motivation is, having some of the greatest footballers of your nation there for training and this match. I mean, imagine having Mehdi, Vahid and Karim on the stands and you're playing, must implement a "must win or risk my aberoo" mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X