Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Iraq; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (07.09.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

عزیزی خادم: دست حمایت، هدایت و رحمت الهی را مقابل عراق مشاهده کردیم

Did anyone else see those that Mr. bacheh mulla saw????

I think we all saw a great game by Iran with smart plan, and a great execution by our players who worked super hard and performed well.

What does a football game have to do with "RAHMAT E ELAHI" ... What a confused IDIOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
      عزیزی خادم: دست حمایت، هدایت و رحمت الهی را مقابل عراق مشاهده کردیم

Did anyone else see those that Mr. bacheh mulla saw????

I think we all saw a great game by Iran with smart plan, and a great execution by our players who worked super hard and performed well.

What does a football game have to do with "RAHMAT E ELAHI" ... What a confused IDIOT!
      We agree. Keep religion out of sports.
      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Advocaat: I am disappointed after the loss against Iran
        Advocaat said in the post-match press conference: “Just as the Iraqi people feel disappointed, we are also disappointed with the loss, but we have to be more rational and think about what is coming for us in the qualifying matches.”
        It is our duty to put the right player in the squad and what we see is right, we played two matches in one week, we have eight matches to come and we must do the best and collect points in the first group.
        Advocaat concluded the press conference in response to a journalist’s questions about not playing with five defenders against Iran, saying: We played the same way against South Korea with four defenders, and we played a good game defensively, but today some voids appeared in the defense line and they were able to score, and we We also tried to get back into the game after making substitutions on the offensive side, but we didn't get the goal we were looking for.

https://twitter.com/IRAQFA/status/1435351611086458880
        "but today some voids appeared in the defense line". translation: We played a team with actual talent
        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Very good game by our guys. This is how you turn a supposedly difficult match into a better friendly---early goal to ease nerves and then no bullshit, aggressive play. I found it impressive that our team actually did not allow for Iraq to have a single decent shot opportunity. The one shot was a 35meter desperation heave, and the other "shot" was actually a cross that Beiranvand chose to catch. Impressive stuff. And this is the second time within 3 months that we totally dominated Iraq. I thought the whole team played really well and yes--looking back at the previous round and now this round: it just pays to have 3 dangerous attacking players upfront. They create chances and are all pretty effective in front of the goal.
          Well done guys, very well done.
          In contrast to the last round we are in a great position already now. The next game in VAE already has an interesting twist to it. After dropping points to Lebanon and Syria, VAE actually MUST win this game. They cannot park the bus and wait for counters---they have to attack and score. We can easily live with a draw. If we can win the upcoming game in VAE we are in prime position to pretty much seal the qualification after the 6th or 7th game already.

Comment

Watching the highlights of Syria vs. VAE: VAE really has some huge holes in their defense. We should be able to score multiple times against them.

Comment

Advocaat said in the post-match press conference: “Just as the Iraqi people feel disappointed, we are also disappointed with the loss, but we have to be more rational and think about what is coming for us in the qualifying matches.”

It is our duty to put the right player in the squad and what we see is right, we played two matches in one week, we have eight matches to come and we must do the best and collect points in the first group.

Advocaat concluded the press conference in response to a journalist’s questions about not playing with five defenders against Iran, saying: We played the same way against South Korea with four defenders, and we played a good game defensively, but today some voids appeared in the defense line and they were able to score, and we We also tried to get back into the game after making substitutions on the offensive side, but we didn't get the goal we were looking for.

Dick Advocate rid
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Have to say that both Mansourian and Ghochaninejad came across as very dost dashtani in the post game talks yesterday.

Comment

Guys ..is it me only who is thinking iran plays much better in empty stadiums and wins ?LOL full stadiums puts pressure on our boys who tend to get emotional sometimes and we have seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                    Guys ..is it me only who is thinking iran plays much better in empty stadiums and wins ?LOL full stadiums puts pressure on our boys who tend to get emotional sometimes and we have seen that.
                    Could actually be. Especially if you consider the history between Iran and the arab countries, the rivalry, the political situation and everything---most games have some sort of implication. It could easily be that our guys put some extra pessure on themselves to make sure they succeed. Also never undererstimate that we are usually considered favorites in most games: Essentially our guys can pretty much only lose in most games--that's always quite a big burden to carry--especially if you consider that Iran (viewed globally) is not THAT great a football team. I mean we are good in Asia and can keep it respectable against european teams etc.---but we are not at a level where we can just wash away our opposition by 5-6 goals etc. Thus you have a situation where our guys are always considered favorites, huge pressure on them and they can pretty much only lose. No one is gonna hold a national festivity after beating Bahrain, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq or VAE----but all these teams can play football and are usually highly motivated against us. If you are not VASTLY superior to the opposition (which we usually aren't against tough and motivated arab teams) it is also very difficult to play against teams that park the bus and only wait for counters, slow down the pace, grass roll from the very first minute etc. (all the stuff we also did in the WC against Spain and Portugal that had us almost go through the group stage in a group many predicted Spain and Portugal would dominate).
                    I think that's also one of the reasons why we usually do well against SK. There they don't have that pressure burden and can play more freely and the Koreans never park the bus and usually don't resort to grassrollin getc. much.

Comment

Team Melli is used to play in front of 100.000 plus crowds, i can't imagine our players have diffeculties with huge crowd; au contraire, i think it elevates them
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

This was one of the greatest TM games i ever remember, we played like we always wished.

Comment

Keep in mind this Iraq team was in camp in Spain and Turkey for more than a month while our team has really being practicing for only a week.

Skocic is impressing me more and more.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                              I believe it saved Ac Milan
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

By the sound of it, he had not prepared his team for this Iran, the game against Syria was deluding and I doubt he prepared his team based on that. He was very surprised with Iran’s play, technic, tactics and composure.

Yes the early goal would have thrown all his plans out of the window and made Iraqis come out to level the score and thereby leave gaps in the back, BUT look at his stature sitting on the bench at all times. Dragan wasn’t quite tearing himself up on the sideline but his presence and quite drive and instructions were vital.
                                We missed that against Syria. Dick acted like a lame duck not moving from his chair, if I was an Iraqi, I would be furious with him!
                                sigpic
                                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X