Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Iraq; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (07.09.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    Syrians played us quite tough yesterday, especially late on after going down a goal..!! i got vibes that they will surely get some upset points vs SK n Iraq and easily swat aside the UAE n Lebanon.!!?
    3 points vs iraq hopefully and as you said it will really put on on the driver's seat towards topping the table and likely retain the pole position throughout ..!
    i really want Abedzadeh to be starter in this match...!! cause i think we are likely to face some nervy situation in our backline and i trust his infectious confidence and poise..!! but TBF, Bey handled the job like a champ last game and gave no reason for our coaches to make a switch..!! im pretty sure he will retain his starting spot and likely Amir has to wait for his chance likely in the next round of wcqs vs the minnows of the group..!!?
    we gonna need Amiri's non-stop engine this game more as a B2B MFdr than wasting him away at LB again for majority of the match..! i rather give a chance to a new PGL LB to hopefully impress like Hardani did last game..! I even take Salmani as LB than trust MilMo with start there ..! how about Noorafkan, as Iranianarsenal suggested...!! kid's gotta no frill but frequently still above average game in him..! or that other pgl LB dude folks raving about..?
    Hoping Saeed is trusted with start in MF too even if his lard ass is likely to tire out and start to huff n puff too much and forced to the bench by early 2nd half ..?? if we move Amiri to MF he can pick up the defensive slack for saeed and allow him to venture more forward along with Saman and massively bolster our transition play into attack ...!! With these 2 our offense is really clicking much better and we can retain possession much better in MF too..!
    anyways these would be my starters :
    -------------------------BeyBey/Amir
    Moharrami/Hardani-- Kanani--- Shoja---- noorafkan/aghaie?
    ----------------Saeed -------------Amiri(b2b)
    -------------------Saman (CAM)
    ARJ------------------Azmoun ------------------Taremi
    I like your ideas Bachelot jaan. I think Omid Noorafkan should be given a chance. Aghaie is also a good option but he has to be called since he didn't make the final cut and Sko has room to call a player with Sarlak being out due to concussion (Aghaie was there in the initial PGL players only camp). He also has offensive capabilities. I think the idea of pairing Amiri with Saied is brilliant. Most of us did not acknowledge how Amiri save our neck once in each half by awesome defensive intervention to stop Syria from having goal scoring opportunities. He is the engine that never stops and he is just such a no-pretense no-none-sense leader who is a role model by leaving everything on the pitch. There is a poem in Persian/Farsi that says: Say little and be selective like a jewel AND from the little you say the world will be plentiful (kam gooy oh gozeedeh gooy chon dor, kaz andakeh tow, jahaan shavad por). Amiri is the true manifestation of that verse. I think we should go with Beiro but Amir is solid too. I think Scocic will stay with Beiro though.

Go TM!

Comment

C31D5521-E628-4C77-922D-6DBC6757940C.jpeg

Look at the stats, Iraq was destroyed by Korea and happ for a 0-0

Comment

3 points, no less. Annihilate them.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

IRaq’s Adnan is injured. Any updates on the injury type/extent?

Comment

Wow 2 shots 0 on target, so insanely lucky. If you watch the highlights one of the Koreans missed an absolute sitter

Comment

ایران حمله کنی
              عراق و سوراخ میکنی

Comment

refs
                are from china
                ma ning

Comment

We need a draw at the very least. Tie them away, beat them in azadi, and we're on the path to qualification.

Comment

^ Yes, we should not risk anything. Even though we could beat them, we need to play a smart game.
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

no we need to go for a win. Lost points at this stage are the ones that we might really need at a certain point so no regrets. I think we can top the group with 18-20points. Let's work towards that...5 more wins! cmon

in 2018 qualifiers we topped the Group with 22 points and SK came second with 15(!!!). Same set up with 6 teams in total in the Group!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Hope we are preparing for a pressing game, Iraq will press & put our midfield under a lot of pressure, much more than Syria. If you noticed after we scored against Syria they came out and pressed & were very much in the game for the last 15 mins or so, so much so that the Iranian subs like a Ansarfard or Torabi had no effect on the game.

If we able to control the midfield, the fact they will press will work in our favour as the game will be more open & with the fire power we have we should be able to score on them, as long as they don’t score first as then they will try to park the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                          Wow 2 shots 0 on target, so insanely lucky. If you watch the highlights one of the Koreans missed an absolute sitter
                          Thats why i dont like when we make Iraq so big, we are Iran with an international squad, anThing can happen in football but we are the favorites and should go for a win and dont let them press on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                            Thats why i dont like when we make Iraq so big, we are Iran with an international squad, anThing can happen in football but we are the favorites and should go for a win and dont let them press on us.
                            agree, I dont like this "settle for a draw" mentality. Our boys were pushing for points and wins against Spain and Portugal on the biggest stage with the entire world watching AND rooting for them, and yes, every non-iranian I met wanted our boys to win, and then people want to settle for 1 point against a war torn nation? give me a break.. Our boys are slowly starting to not be afraid of these arab opponents no longer, with Sardar leading the mentality.

Anyways, here's my wallpaper collage with pics from last match, go TM!

https://ibb.co/ZY9gZ0v

Comment

Win all home games and tie all away games will do.
                              We could also win all home games + away games vs Lebanon/Syria and lose the other 3 and it will still be enough to qualify.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

If the team plays smart, there is no reason not to come home with all 3 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X