Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    I’m not impressed with your overall play, Egypt used to dominate opponents. Tunisia is good. Going by 2018 WC, 2019 African Cup and 2022 WCQ performances, i rank them higher than you guys. Morocco and Algeria are 1 level above Egypt.
    Like I said before, our starting 11 is very different to the last WC and AFCON squads. Older players were moved on and new players from the team that won the U23 AFCON were integrated into the squad. If you go off WCQs, we've been better than Tunisia.

Libya>Mauritania
    Gabon>Equatorial Guinea
    Angola=Zambia

We were unbeaten in a better group and stil have injured players like Trezeguet to come back. What match did you watch in which you weren't impressed with the play?

Tunisia's pretty average and I rate our squad above them for sure. Especially our attack. 4-5 of their national team players play for Egyptian clubs so I'm very familiar with them.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
      Like I said before, our starting 11 is very different to the last WC and AFCON squads. Older players were moved on .
      Kastro what do you guys (egyption people) think of carlos queiroz ? Also is that true that he kicked out some players ?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Kastro what do you guys (egyption people) think of carlos queiroz ? Also is that true that he kicked out some players ?
        So far the signs are good. He hasn't had much time with the squad yet but he won the group comfortably. One thing I like about him is that he's not intimindated by the FA or any external pressure.

He has given debuts to some badly needed players and has largely rotated the squad to get a feel for his strongest 11. I wouldn't say kicked out, but rather omitted from selection for a few older players that were past it.

Comment

So far the signs are good. He hasn't had much time with the squad yet but he won the group comfortably. One thing I like about him is that he's not intimindated by the FA or any external pressure.

He has given debuts to some badly needed players and has largely rotated the squad to get a feel for his strongest 11. I wouldn't say kicked out, but rather omitted from selection for a few older players that were past it.
          Thats what we liked about CQ ! he doesn't take shit from anybody! And i mean anybody, wether its fa , prime minister, president etcc..! Even if salah started behaving badly he will kick him out

Oh i see because in our media they say he kicked out few trouble makers. But our media talks rubbish most of the times so i'll take your words on that.

Comment

Like I said before, our starting 11 is very different to the last WC and AFCON squads. Older players were moved on and new players from the team that won the U23 AFCON were integrated into the squad. If you go off WCQs, we've been better than Tunisia.

Libya>Mauritania
            Gabon>Equatorial Guinea
            Angola=Zambia

We were unbeaten in a better group and stil have injured players like Trezeguet to come back. What match did you watch in which you weren't impressed with the play?

Tunisia's pretty average and I rate our squad above them for sure. Especially our attack. 4-5 of their national team players play for Egyptian clubs so I'm very familiar with them.
            Libya home game and the Angola away game were not impressive. However, i might change my mind after the playoffs.
            I will try to watch your playoff, both games.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...y_is_unveiled/

The 2021 FIFA Arab Cup trophy is unveiled

Comment

By the way, why didn't Qatar invite Iran to the tournament? Before anyone says "iRaN iS nOt aN aRaB nAtIoN", South Sudan was invited to the tournament and they are not an Arab nation. It would have been a great experience for the team and Dragan Skocic prior to the World Cup and would have really given us a proper simulation for what to expect at World Cup in order to maximize our chances of making it into the RO 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...y_is_unveiled/
                  The 2021 FIFA Arab Cup trophy is unveiled
                  loool what a ripoff of the world cup trophy!
                  this one would be much more fitting for this cup!
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

By the way, why didn't Qatar invite Iran to the tournament? Before anyone says "iRaN iS nOt aN aRaB nAtIoN", South Sudan was invited to the tournament and they are not an Arab nation. It would have been a great experience for the team and Dragan Skocic prior to the World Cup and would have really given us a proper simulation for what to expect at World Cup in order to maximize our chances of making it into the RO 16.
                    Like we want to join this "tournament"
                    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                      Like we want to join this "tournament"
                      100% we would.

Like I said, it would have been good preparation for the WC and would definitely help us to prepare. I am sure if you put your bias aside you can see that. Plus, there is enough quality in that tournament (both in terms of coaches and players). I'd definitely think we'd go far in the tournament, but to win the whole tournament would be an ask.

Comment

^Probably didn't get an invite, other than political reasons, due to not wanting to upset other strong contenders such as Saudis and Egypt and themselves.

Speaking of Egypt, I wish Paramount+ had their world cup qualification games, Egypt with Salah and Queiroz would be something that I would love to follow

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                          ^Probably didn't get an invite, other than political reasons, due to not wanting to upset other strong contenders such as Saudis and Egypt and themselves.
                          Speaking of Egypt, I wish Paramount+ had their world cup qualification games, Egypt with Salah and Queiroz would be something that I would love to follow
                          We're sending a squad of second/third stringers as the AFCON is soon after the tournament. As other non Arab nations in this tournament, we Egyptians don't consider ourselves Arab as well.

Btw you can find full matches for all CAF WCQs on FIFATV's YouTube channel.

Comment

We're sending a squad of second/third stringers as the AFCON is soon after the tournament. As other non Arab nations in this tournament, we Egyptians don't consider ourselves Arab as well.

Btw you can find full matches for all CAF WCQs on FIFATV's YouTube channel.
                            It is funny to hear Egyptian, libanese or else saying they are not arab. I know what people will say but still at the end of the day, these countries speak Arabic.

Comment

100% we would.

Like I said, it would have been good preparation for the WC and would definitely help us to prepare. I am sure if you put your bias aside you can see that. Plus, there is enough quality in that tournament (both in terms of coaches and players). I'd definitely think we'd go far in the tournament, but to win the whole tournament would be an ask.
                              what quality?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                It is funny to hear Egyptian, libanese or else saying they are not arab. I know what people will say but still at the end of the day, these countries speak Arabic.
                                The word arab in itself is very loose and doesn't tie in ethnicity. North African countries adopted the language due to religion. That would be like calling any country that speaks English, English.

Our history also predates Arab history by far.

I'm sure people that know nothing about Iran could confuse you for arabs as well solely going off the Persian alphabet being derived from the Arabic one.

Comment

Working...
                                X