Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    Not to mention the loss to Lebanon and Uzbekistan came early in his tenure with TM. Iran was getting better and better under CQ. Practically the whole international media praised Iran at WC 2018 yet there are some who continue to believe that he was not any good.
    For some of such people I attribute it to being bad at math.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      Yoooooooo guys look at UAE's denied Goal ??????????????????????? go to minute 2:30 ! how was that goal not allowed???? am i missing something? did someone foul ? how do they get this wrong???

edit: apparently the crossbar angle show different view and it wasn't a goal.
      Wow that was definitely a goal. I took a screenshot of the moment it looked to cross the line, screenshotted it, and zoomed in all the way.
      It clearly crossed the line.Screenshot_20211013-003500_YouTube.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
        Wow that was definitely a goal. I took a screenshot of the moment it looked to cross the line, screenshotted it, and zoomed in all the way.
        It clearly crossed the line.[ATTACH]19088[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        The screenshot is clearly inconclusive as its from an angle . If the picture was right above then the crossbar and the goal line would merge as one. The fact that the ball hasnt crossed the crossbar then it might not have crossed the line as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
          UAE and Iraq tie was great news for us, now for us to seal our fate and deny Lebanon any points against us.
          this will be toughest game

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
            The screenshot is clearly inconclusive as its from an angle . If the picture was right above then the crossbar and the goal line would merge as one. The fact that the ball hasnt crossed the crossbar then it might not have crossed the line as well.
            correct camera angle is wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              Bro, this is a shitty group and all of the teams except Korea are in their worst shape.
              I mean 16 points will most likely take us to Qatar. That is 6 points from our next 6 games. Send kia U15 lol
              Problem is not now. It is in WC.

I can't stand another fcuking Vic in our bench in WC.
              We need better coach. Get it done for return leg.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
              Iran-19 jan,

We all know level of opponent in these qualifiers is not theft important. It’s a mental game more than anything. Otherwise in terms of ability Iran should have been in every World Cup since 1974 !

I also disagree with replacing Skocic if he gets us to the World Cup. Changing your coach at that stage is a disaster in waiting. Look what happened to Ivory Coast when they did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                Not to mention the loss to Lebanon and Uzbekistan came early in his tenure with TM. Iran was getting better and better under CQ. Practically the whole international media praised Iran at WC 2018 yet there are some who continue to believe that he was not any good.
                Also remember the two losses that we had against Lebanon and Uzbekistan were bad luck. For the Lebanon match 7 players were injured/suspended and for the Uzbekistan match our goal was denied due to offside even though it wasn't offside. That ref was almost as bad as Ben Williams. He was also very agressive towards our players.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                  Yes alongside his back to back WC qualifications and great performances against world class teams , your point? If any coach loses a game they are favored to win, they automatically are bad coaches in your book?
                  My point is the double standard. For Skocic winning ten and tying one against Korea with two posts is just not enough while for CQ there seems to always be an excuse. He had 8 years. If even I thought he is a good coach for 7 years and 11 months now looking back we know that he was not a good coach but some are still in la la land.

Comment

🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      For some of such people I attribute it to being bad at math.
                      Show us your math again.
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                        Sure. Just as soon as you show you can count and are not afraid of big scary numbers.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                          My point is the double standard. For Skocic winning ten and tying one against Korea with two posts is just not enough while for CQ there seems to always be an excuse. He had 8 years. If even I thought he is a good coach for 7 years and 11 months now looking back we know that he was not a good coach but some are still in la la land.
                          Who is "We" that think CQ was not a good coach?? was he perfect! No far from it, but what he did for us and how he developed and improving our TM I don't think anyone (genuinely) can dispute that.

Skocic is good coach (not world famous like CQ) and I agree with most of us here that we shouldn't compare coaches together. We just need to look at current status and the future moving on. Thus far we are doing good, really good to be honest. We do have a good amount of quality players but its unfair if we don't acknowledge the management input.

I hope that Skocic and TM do well together moving forward.

After 4 games I am grateful and very hopeful that with two more wins in November we could finalize our WC qualification but if we want to do well (go to knockout stage) we need more games and decent preparation etc.

Go TM!

Comment

The Mexicans are starting to pull away in their qualifying. I can see Mexico, USA and Canada getting the top 3 spots but will be tight and the 4th spot will be close between the other teams. Still a long way to go though.

Potential that the 4th spot will play an AFC team in a inter-continental qualifier.

Comment

FIFA lifted the ban on Iraq hosting games at home. From now on they will play their home matches against Syria, Korea and UAE in Basra.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                                FIFA lifted the ban on Iraq hosting games at home. From now on they will play their home matches against Syria, Korea and UAE in Basra.
                                We are lucky!

Comment

Working...
                                X