Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
    or he is fooling the fans and acting like he has done big things by beating lebanon and sudan which every coach would have with this egypt squad
    I think Egyptian football fans are savvy enough to know wins against Lebanon and Sudan aren’t much considering they know their own footballing history and pedigree

Comment

Shocking to see, how weak Lebanon, Iraq, Syria and even UAE perform in the Arab Cup. Qatar defeated Iraq 3-0/ Tunisia defeated UAE 1-0 and Syria lost to Mauritania 2-1! We got very lucky with the WCQ-Group this time around. Even Bahrain (our opponent in the previous stage) lost 3-0 to Oman.

We need to test TM and Skocic abilities against strong opponents ASAP to see our true Level of competition. Wished we could have some friendlies against Teams like Australia, Japan, Greece, Croatia, Poland or Russia, to figure our where we stand and how good our chances for the WC (If we qualify) really are. Finally, we need true tests to evaluate Skocics skills and body of work properly. I don't want to take anything away from Skocic, but lets be real here beside Korea there was no real Test for TM so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
        Shocking to see, how weak Lebanon, Iraq and even UAE perform. Qatar defeated Iraq 3-0/ Tunisia defeated UAE 1-0 and Syria lost to Mauritania 2-1! We got very lucky with the WCQ-Group this time around. Even Bahrain (our opponent in the previous stage) lost 3-0 to Oman.
        We need to test TM and Skocic abilities against strong opponents ASAP to see our true Level of competition. Wished we could have some friendlies against Teams like Australia, Japan, Greece, Croatia, Poland or Russia, to figure our where we stand and how good our chances for the WC (If we qualify) really are. Finally, we need true tests to evaluate Skocics skills and body of work properly.
        These results are not indicative of anything as most of the teams in this tournament are playing with their B and C squad with the exception of Qatar, Oman, and partially Jordan. If we to take today's result seriously then we should do the same for Syria's win against Tunisia 2-0, Iraq drawing Oman 1-1, and Jordan winning against Saudi Arabia 1-0.

Regardless, I agree that we need to test TM and Skocic against WC quality opponents as soon as the qualification is wrapped up.

Comment

Originally posted by ben.walken View Post
          These results are not indicative of anything as most of the teams in this tournament are playing with their B and C squad with the exception of Qatar, Oman, and partially Jordan. If we to take today's result seriously then we should do the same for Syria's win against Tunisia 2-0, Iraq drawing Oman 1-1, and Jordan winning against Saudi Arabia 1-0.
          Regardless, I agree that we need to test TM and Skocic against WC quality opponents as soon as the qualification is wrapped up.
          id like to se these games, in the same order aswell.
          Iran vs Bosnia/Serbia/Venezuela/Costa Rica -

Iran vs Qatar - Second
          Iran vs Japan - Third
          Iran vs Croatia Fourth
          Edited: Iran vs Russia

Maybe, iran vs TM u21, somwhere in the middle, so we could practise freekicks, corners and so on, and also look at the younger talents, U21 dream team /Ipl prospects should be led my Mahdavikia in this game
          a game with 3 x 45 minuts or 2 regular games (4 halves) back to back games to test different playerrs ,all behind closed doors.

this would be a good warm up for WC, with possible games to arrange aswell.
          yeah wonder when that game vs croatia will take place.. a game with them would be interresting, didnt they sign like 100 contracts to cooperate the last 10-15 years now? we saw a rigged game with croatian ref right before the 2006 world cup that ended 1-1 after they got a penalty in extratime, or we would have been the first team to beat them at home in many years/games. but it was a good warm up game anyway.
          this is before the draw offcource, it all depends on the draw but if possible, and if we are not drawn with croatia this would be good.
          Edit: Id also like to add Russia to the list, just as we played them before the 2018 World Cup, the 1-1 draw was a perfect warm up game for us.
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by ben.walken View Post

Lebanon, Syria and UAE played with their A-Team as far as i can tell. Iraq indeed played with their B-Team but still with Bashar Razan.

Well

Comment

Lebanon, Syria and UAE played with their A-Team as far as i can tell. Iraq indeed played with their B-Team but still with Bashar Razan.
              Well
              their b and c team would probably suck so hard that they would start grassrolling before the game starts.. in the tunnel leading to the field
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJfFt5n1Y9s
              coach would probably also be doing grassrolling..
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Well
                It’s Iraq’s A-team. What makes you think it’s B team?

Also these teams are indeed horrible, but that doesn’t mean anything when they play against us. In matches with TM they go above and beyond simply because they can’t stand losing to Iran.

Comment

Well
                  True, UAE is also among the teams that brought their A squad. Syria and Lebanon seemed to be missing their European based players as well as the ones playing in Saudi league (Lebanon missing 7, and Syria 4 or 5). Iraq played with local league player, Olympic /U21, in addition to the ones playing in Qatar (their starting lineup today had 9 changes compared to their last match against Korea in the WCQ)

A or B squad Iraq is still a weak team. I have a hunch that another 3-0 is underway in Azadi.

Comment

Shoulda kept (and paid) your coach. Iraq is going through what we went through post CQ. Also, Iraq eliminated from Arab Cup group stage for first time in their history (thanks to a 3-0 thrashing by Qatar).

Comment

Well
                      They played with mostly their A team. They are going through a transition but suck regardless. UAE and Iraq are just not very good and haven’t been for a long time. I honestly don’t they if they have ever been good - to be honest. Don’t know why so many Iranians rate really any Arab team outside Saudi and North African Arab teams.

UAE with that Omar guy was half decent but they just always play with their heart when playing Iran. But the totality of their results should be taken to account - not how hard they play Iran. These teams are just not good. Syria also gave us difficult time last qualifiers with the two Omars but they fell apart.

Comment

Qatar is gonna win it. And If some how they don't! then they might aswell quit world cup 2022!

Comment

Well
                          all these teams played with their A team including Iraq.

Comment

They say Qatar has two Iraqi born players and I don't think the recruitment of foreign players stops there....
                            "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

The Qatari stadium that Qatar-Iraq game was played is absolutely gorgeous.
                              "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

The Iran vs Argentina game was IMO the greatest performance in Irans Football-History. Playing against the Team that made it to the World-Cup Final with players like the GOAT (Messi), Di Maria, Sergio Agüero, Higuain, Zambrotta etc. in front of stadium filled predominantly with Argentinian-Fans.
                                indeed
                                and especially so because we played a brilliant (actual) Counter Attacking game and took the game to them in a raucous stadium filled to the brim with Primarily their fans...! ref fucking us outa clear PK and their goalkeeping heroics saving them from going down multiple times during the regulation time and to be only to be undone by a wonder strike from world's best footballer in dying seconds of the match..!!

Our WC18 performances were commendable as well, but tbh, we primarily just "parked the bus" there (especially so vs Spain) and hardly ventured out of our own half ...!!
                                i suppose we had to do that considering the fact that it was in the Group of Death, especially so from our perspective..!! i recall the same Spain trashing Messi's Argentina some 4-0, 5-0? shortly prior to WC 18 and were pipped to win it all, before coaching controversy shortly prior WC killing off their mojo..!! CR7 and Portugal were the earlier Euro champions and our supposed easiest opponent was the Moroccans who had players all over the top leagues of Europe and a brilliant coach..!! it was a miracle that we still had a chance of progression in our last match vs CR7/Portugal and nearly squeezed through too..!

Comment

Working...
                                X