Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say that Saudi is also getting impressive result. 16 point after 6 games in that group is no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
      I have to say that Saudi is also getting impressive result. 16 point after 6 games in that group is no joke.
      The key is they got better against Australia and Japan as well. 4 years ago they qualified directly due to their success against Asian minnows , but now they can keep up with the big dogs

Last two qualifiers, here is Saudi record against teams not named Australia or Japan

9 wins, 1 loss.

The key to qualifying in Asia is not how you do against the best teams but if you can consistently get 3 points from the weaker ones

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
        Surely Dick is either dangling by a thin thread or it has already dropped off after the defeat to SK!
        Clearly this Dick Guy is the Dutch Willtits.
        Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
        http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

I remember After the groups Got drawn, that I pointed out the importance of not getting saudi Arabia from pot 3. We Got Iraq instead (or was it uae) and thank God for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak500 View Post
            Clearly this Dick Guy is the Dutch Willtits.
            they messed it up they had a good thing going with the other coach katanec.. didnt pay him and he resigned, then they got the dick and the rest is history
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
              Surely Dick is either dangling by a thin thread or it has already dropped off after the defeat to SK!
              There is a lesson in here for all....Don't be a Dick, because someone, sooner or later, will axe you.
              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

They always know how to win in Asia. Their preparation is impeccable and they leave no stone unturned.
                They end up playing bad in the World Cup for the same reason always - not physical enough, and way too open against decent opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  They always know how to win in Asia. Their preparation is impeccable and they leave no stone unturned.
                  They end up playing bad in the World Cup for the same reason always - not physical enough, and way too open against decent opponents.
                  Good explanations but never forget that the Asian refs are somehow nice to them as well. But they have picked up some pace and playing great. Their coach is amazing too.
                  __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                    Good explanations but never forget that the Asian refs are somehow nice to them as well. But they have picked up some pace and playing great. Their coach is amazing too.
                    Definitely the refs have been favorable to them historically.
                    I am going to run the numbers one day, but I am sure Saudi has been awarded the most penalties per minute in world cups/world cup qualifiers by a significant margin.

Their best team to be (even better than 94) was their 2006 team. They qualified easily with Calderon (Former Persepolis coach), but their federation didn't think he was a good coach and fired him. They then messed up hard against their opponents.

I also find they have played Arab countries 3 times in the World Cup (Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt)... always with suspicious results and really bad play by their opponents.

Comment

Dalile inke in teamhaaye arab dar gorohe maa in ham mosaavi mikonan fekr mikonam bekhaatere ine ke az nazare FANNI keifiyateshoon payin ast.

Hatta vaghti be mogheiyate golzani miresan chon az nazare fanni zaifan nemiton yek shoote dorost o hesaabi bezanand ya yek zarbe sare khatarnak bezanand.

Be har haal khoshhalam ke Eraagh daare terr mizane chon chandin saale por-roy shodeh bodand ba on sabke baazie kasifeshoon.
                      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                        they messed it up they had a good thing going with the other coach katanec.. didnt pay him and he resigned, then they got the dick and the rest is history
                        We will miss Dicky a lot though lol.

Comment

They Scooped a very good coach! Herve Renard ( Ex WC Morocco coach)

Comment

Please don't sack Dick
                            I wanted us to qualify by beating them 5-0 in Azadi.

Comment

Dick will be back! He is strong, large, and rough!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Definitely the refs have been favorable to them historically.
                                I am going to run the numbers one day, but I am sure Saudi has been awarded the most penalties per minute in world cups/world cup qualifiers by a significant margin.

Their best team to be (even better than 94) was their 2006 team. They qualified easily with Calderon (Former Persepolis coach), but their federation didn't think he was a good coach and fired him. They then messed up hard against their opponents.

I also find they have played Arab countries 3 times in the World Cup (Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt)... always with suspicious results and really bad play by their opponents.
                                The game against Egypt was definitely a joke. Egyptians had given up and they got a lucky game winner at last second and the Arabs said it was a good World Cup. They forgot they lost 5-0 to Russia real quick

Comment

Working...
                                X