Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets hope Korea drop points today.

Comment

Korea aggressive they will win this. Im watching the game

Comment

1-0 korea

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
          Lets hope Korea drop points today.
          We should actually hope that Korea beats everyone else. Other teams should drop points because the first two teams qualify for the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
            We should actually hope that Korea beats everyone else. Other teams should drop points because the first two teams qualify for the WC.
            Our objective should be, not just to qualify, but be first in the group so that we can maintain or improve our FIFA ranking which can help us be placed in pot 3 for the WC drawing.

Comment

Our objective should be, not just to qualify, but be first in the group so that we can maintain or improve our FIFA ranking which can help us be placed in pot 3 for the WC drawing.
              If you look it from this perspective, then I agree completely.

Comment

Iraq - Syria 0-0 37'

Let's see if Dick can perform this time

Comment

Iraq and Syria are tied 0-0 at minute 54.
                  Both playing poorly. Ridiculous how much harder they play against TM. Motivation is a hell of a drug.

Comment

Pot 2 - we are on the verge of having the same FIFA ranking as the lowest ranked Pot 2 team in 2018 world cup seedings process.

We were ranked 34 when in Pot 3 for 2018. Now we are ranked 22 and if we win remaining games we can get to 19-20. Croatia were ranked 18 for 2018 and in Pot 2. A bit of luck is needed of course in terms of how many top 16 sides might not qualify....

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Iraq and Syria are tied 0-0 at minute 54.
                      Both playing poorly. Ridiculous how much harder they play against TM. Motivation is a hell of a drug.
                      Tbh, compare the way Iran played against the likes of Portugal and Spain, and then when we play against these minnow teams. And to tell you, my friend says Greece is exactly the same. To conclude I agree with U, getting points against us is for sure sweeter for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                        Iraq - Syria 0-0 37'

Let's see if Dick can perform this time
                        he is slowly stripping ..... he started with a jacket and tie, and now he's down to just a pants and a shirt
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Has there ever been an Asian team in pot 2 for a modern World Cup, I’m not sure there has. I know Japan and S Korea were in pot 1 but that was due to hosting.

Comment

cant believe the 3rd pot team for this round was down to Saudi and UAE. the difference in quality is incredible lol we got so lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                              cant believe the 3rd pot team for this round was down to Saudi and UAE. the difference in quality is incredible lol we got so lucky
                              Exactly! From all pots the teams are equally strong except from pot 3. But the reason for that is that there are only 5 strong AFC teams and the 6th team (UAE) is levels below.

Comment

Iraq aren't playing bad TBH. They had a few good chances and were dominating most of the time. I think their expat players are really making a little difference. I wish I could see Jiloan Hamad playing. I don't understand why Dick is not letting him play. It's the same case as Ghoddos lol. Neverthless, this Syrian team is more than beatable. It would be a shame to lose points against them.

Comment

Working...
                                X