Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    No No. if we want to be placed in pot 3 at the WC we have to come first in this group.
    We'll bee in pot three as long as we don't start droping points where we shouldn't.
    It's the world rankings that will determine our pot position.
    We could be in pot three even if we were to finish a good 2nd in the group.

Comment

If you look at Iran's current FIFA ranking and the rankings of the teams in the pots for 2018, there is a decent possibility Iran could even make pot 2

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
        We'll bee in pot three as long as we don't start droping points where we shouldn't.
        It's the world rankings that will determine our pot position.
        We could be in pot three even if we were to finish a good 2nd in the group.
        Only if we would really run the table and some higher ranked teams fail to qualify.
        Pot three looks most probable imo.

Comment

Originally posted by allan123 View Post
          Not true, the world cup Pots is according FIFA RANKINGS
          But if we come in 2nd there is a possibility that our FIFA ranking will drop as well causing us to get pot 4

Comment

God damn it a draw between South Korea and Syria would have been an amazing result for Iran.

Comment

For seeding FIFA should only be looking at past World Cups as that is the only competition where you get measured against other continents. It's easy to rack up FIFA points against Asian or CONCACAF opponents, not so easy against European or South American opponents.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

The pots at a World cup is based on geography, not the fifa ranking APART from pot 1, which is the host nation and the 7 Best ranked teams.
                All other pots are based on geography. So pot 2-4 are not relevant. Thats how it has Been every World cup. So it ranking wise it doesnt matter if we finish 1st or 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
                  The pots at a World cup is based on geography, not the fifa ranking APART from pot 1, which is the host nation and the 7 Best ranked teams.
                  All other pots are based on geography. So pot 2-4 are not relevant. Thats how it has Been every World cup. So it ranking wise it doesnt matter if we finish 1st or 2nd
                  That's a recent thing. It definitely wasn't like that up to 1990.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
                    Not true, the Pots are According FIFA RANKING.

Comment

Why is vietname and china playing in uae ?
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018...ld_Cup_seeding

Comment

Yea i Can see they changed it in 2018. My bad

Comment

Iraq - Lebanon about to start

Comment

let's hope for a 0-0 tie in the lebanon-iraq matchup
                              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I have 500 arabic channels on my iptv and none have the game
                                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                                X