Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweden only got themselves to blame gifted Poland rest and home field advantage. Next time might want to play Russia over racist poles

Comment

CQ has already been sacked.

I feel bad for my Egyptian friends.

CQ will probably look for a job in Africa as his family lives in South Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        CQ has already been sacked.

I feel bad for my Egyptian friends.

CQ will probably look for a job in Africa as his family lives in South Africa.
        Really?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          Really?

According to Twitter which is never wrong, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            According to Twitter which is never wrong, yes.
            I wonder how much words like this by CQ motivated his opponents today:

https://portugoal.net/portuguese-abr...ther-world-cup

BTW didn't Multinovic and Parriera go to 5 WC each?

Comment

Anyone watching Tunisia vs Mali? I really hope we get grouped with Tunisia. I can confidently say that we can defeat them. Other than them, I would be satisfied with Costa Rica too. We would be the favorites only against these two teams. Other pot 4 teams will make our life hard.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                I just read the article I posted again...
                “Carlos has an outstanding reputation in the world of football, but none of what I had heard or read reflects how good he is,” Duncan told The World Game at Iran’s team hotel in Abu Dhabi. “His attention to detail, work ethic, leadership, knowledge of football and general ability to prepare a team is at a unique level.”
                “Similar to all great leaders, he is open to ideas if they have substance and are based on sound evidence. The coach and staff have created a very positive working environment that is very process-focussed. It’s all about getting the best outcome.”
                I have no doubt that Australia will be one of his suitors if they qualify.... But I hope for a miracle - IFF and Sports Ministry sort out their differences and bring him back to Iran.
                My impression is that CQ and Mourinho share many similarities/traits: both focus on tactics/details, both have narcistic personality structures, both are great motivators/psychologists/manipulators, both are well-spoken, both are charismatic at times even controversial, both openly criticize media/officials/refs, both have an defensive approach to the game.

I would prefer CQ over Sko, but honestly neither of them brings the best out of TM. IMO we need an international experienced Coach (who is not just coming for the money like Wilmoze) who has an more attacking minded strategy. Someone who gives the Team necessary structure but at the same time let the boys just enjoy themselves. With CQ in charge i fear that his tactical and defensive minded approach would hold our potential back.

Of course many deficiencies in TM can't be solved by any Coach like f.e. football iq ( complaining constantly to the ref, receiving silly yellow/red cards, committing dangerous fouls etc.), lack of fundamentals ( f.e. proper built-up/passing game because of lack of proper pitches and overall weak infrastructure/league) and lack of friendlies. Any way let's hope for the best.

Comment

I feel sorry for CQ, would have been nice to see him in Qatar...

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    I wonder how much words like this by CQ motivated his opponents today:
                    https://portugoal.net/portuguese-abr...ther-world-cup
                    BTW didn't Multinovic and Parriera go to 5 WC each?
                    CQ is def. not in the top ten list of the best coaches in the world. Very delusional on his part.

Comment

CQ' best days are behind him, its time we move on

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        As much as I liked for Senegal to win, that was disgraceful by the fans to point countless lasers.. Senegal should have their fans banned from stadiums for the next 4 years.
                        They should have stopped the game, warn the fans that their team would forfeit, and then resume play.
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                          My impression is that CQ and Mourinho share many similarities/traits: both focus on tactics/details, both are great motivators/psychologists, both are charismatic at times even controversial, both openly criticize media/officials/refs, both have an defensive approach to the game.

I would prefer CQ over Sko, but honestly neither of them brings the best out of TM. IMO we need an international experienced Coach (who is not just coming for the money like Wilmoze) who has an more attacking minded strategy. Someone who gives the Team necessary structure but at the same time let the boys just enjoy themselves. With CQ in charge i fear that his tactical and defensive minded approach would hold our potential back.

Of course many deficiencies in TM can't be solved by any Coach like f.e. football iq ( complaining constantly to the ref, receiving silly yellow/red cards, committing dangerous fouls etc.), lack of fundamentals ( f.e. proper built-up/passing game because of lack of proper pitches and overall weak infrastructure/league) and lack of friendlies. Any way let's hope for the best.

I respectfully disagree about one point here - the about the "potential" for TM. I genuinely believe the talent pool is worse than other top Asian countries (maybe not at youth level but once they reach maturity). This was the opposite 20 years ago when I felt we had so much more talent than other national sides and we weren't using them.

I don't think an attacking minded strategy works for TM - we just don't have the players. Taremi and Azmoun are high calibre players, but we just don't have the depth or breadth outside them. Japan have so many midfielders and wingers who are skillful, they don't know what to do with them... e.g. was watching Maeda, Hatate and Furuhashi at Celtic and thinking how they are not even fringe players for Japan. We just don't have midfielders, we don't have defenders....

I think Queiroz's strategy got the best out of the talent we have. That's our only option.... Attack minded coach would lead to 8-0 loss....

Comment

guys lets make it simple regarding CQ

never lost to S. Korea. 4 wins, 2 draws, 0 loss

6 world cup games. I would say 3 great performances (argentina, spain, morocco), 2 very solid performance (Nigeria, portugal even tho we got a draw). 1 bad performance (Bosnia)

he proved he can keep up with good teams, no need to doubt him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              I respectfully disagree about one point here - the about the "potential" for TM. I genuinely believe the talent pool is worse than other top Asian countries (maybe not at youth level but once they reach maturity). This was the opposite 20 years ago when I felt we had so much more talent than other national sides and we weren't using them.

I don't think an attacking minded strategy works for TM - we just don't have the players. Taremi and Azmoun are high calibre players, but we just don't have the depth or breadth outside them. Japan have so many midfielders and wingers who are skillful, they don't know what to do with them... e.g. was watching Maeda, Hatate and Furuhashi at Celtic and thinking how they are not even fringe players for Japan. We just don't have midfielders, we don't have defenders....

I think Queiroz's strategy got the best out of the talent we have. That's our only option.... Attack minded coach would lead to 8-0 loss....
                              The flaw with this argument is in order to attack you cannot defend. In order to defend you cannot attack. Fact is you don't score you don't win. Cq and Egypt showed that today. I think we have the capability to do both but we need to focus on consistently developing at all positions. We have a bit of a gol kuchik mentality with our football and that's why we excel in Futsal and beach soccer. But this generation has shown we have capable attacking and defensive players. We just need to get more of the defenders in better leagues.

Japan 20 years ago was in our boat now. They are the only Asian side to figure this out. Total 90 min football from back to front and front to back. This starts at grassroots not at TM level.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                                guys lets make it simple regarding CQ

never lost to S. Korea. 4 wins, 2 draws, 0 loss

6 world cup games. I would say 3 great performances (argentina, spain, morocco), 2 very solid performance (Nigeria, portugal even tho we got a draw). 1 bad performance (Bosnia)

he proved he can keep up with good teams, no need to doubt him anymore.
                                In my estimation we had 1 really great performance under CQ against Argentina; 2 very solid performance (Portugal, Spain); 1 ok/average performance (Nigeria, Morocco) 1 bad performance (Bosnia).

Comment

Working...
                                X