Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAR called in favor of the UAE... Chinese ref will be able to leave the country with all his limbs

Comment

Another VAR call in favor of UAE....limb autonomy maintained

Comment

Iraq scores!

Comment

Saudi v China ended in 1-1 draw.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            Pace and clinical passing. No one has that figured out in Asia besides Japan.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Actually Japan is not just a powerhouse in Asia but now days they are a challange to any team in the world. Just look how they almost beat Belgium in WC2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
              Actually Japan is not just a powerhouse in Asia but now days they are a challange to any team in the world. Just look how they almost beat Belgium in WC2018.
              Almost. We almost best Portugal and Argentina. Japan is world class but still not a top 15 team by any stretch. By the same token neither is Mexico or USA at present so I guess it's all relative.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

We can streamroll our way past all Asian teams except Japan, South Korea with Taremi and Azmoun - but we cannot steamroll past any Pot 2 team with these two. Coaching will matter at that level.
                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                  As much as I dislike Saudi, they deserve to qualify.. They have a top quality manager who came in and fixed many of their issues they had before.. They did well against Japan and Australia and find ways to win in a much harder group.
                  They always do well in Asian qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    Almost. We almost best Portugal and Argentina. Japan is world class but still not a top 15 team by any stretch. By the same token neither is Mexico or USA at present so I guess it's all relative.
                    Dont compare. We had no ball possesion. Look at the gameplay, playing chicken shit and just hope we get away with it is not the same as going makeing a good passing, haveing a few shots on target and showing something. Iran showed very little against Port, Arg and Spain. We did more than any of us tought we could do but still not the same as Japan. You cant compare us with Japan. If you want to think of it this way then well, Italy almost got to WC, Argentina almost beat france and so on. Its not even compareable.

Its what you display on the pitch when it mathers. Iran did display good hustle but offensively we showed very very little at WC. Just look how we did against Bosnia. Then again we cant ask for more when we play against powerhouses

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
                      Dont compare. We had no ball possesion. Look at the gameplay, playing chicken shit and just hope we get away with it is not the same as going makeing a good passing, haveing a few shots on target and showing something. Iran showed very little against Port, Arg and Spain. We did more than any of us tought we could do but still not the same as Japan. You cant compare us with Japan. If you want to think of it this way then well, Italy almost got to WC, Argentina almost beat france and so on. Its not even compareable.

Its what you display on the pitch when it mathers. Iran did display good hustle but offensively we showed very very little at WC. Just look how we did against Bosnia. Then again we cant ask for more when we play against powerhouses
                      I don't disagree with you. I would rather play like Japan any day of the week than what we have seen during the CQ era and even today against S. Korea. I was just pointing out the irony that CQ fans often claim we almost...almost is relative.

That being said under Skocic I do believe we are headed in the right direction but slowly. Today's loss was more to do with missing key players, jetlag, lack of training time, and the legionnaires not getting match time. His selections were also a bit weak but every coach selects a few players we all can't wrap our heads around. I still believe this bump can serve us well in the future if we learn from it and prepare. It's in IFF hands to arrange friendlies and give Skocic a chance to maximize his team's potential. He clearly believes in Iranian football and has spoken about our potential.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Turkey is on the ropes vs Portugal, they are shell shocked

Goal Portugal

Comment

Mehdi's teammate, Otávio scores for Portugal.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Damn wish we would've won the SK game so the remaining games would've have been more interesting for us.

Comment

Alireza's Feyenoord teammate, Orkun, almost scores for Turkey - saved by Mehdi's Porto's teammate, Diogo Costa

Comment

Bale puts Wales ahead with a lovely free kick.

Comment

Working...
                                X