Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    I never thought I'd say this but the Oman vs KSA match tomorrow is super intriguing. Will Oman continue to surprise? Will the officials come to "help" KSA again?
    Always. KSA almost always beats teams lower in ranking. They then pull ties or even lose against stronger teams. They’ve usually accumulated enough points to qualify by then though.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      I never thought I'd say this but the Oman vs KSA match tomorrow is super intriguing. Will Oman continue to surprise? Will the officials come to "help" KSA again?
      It's two hours before the Iraq game. Here's a great link if you want to watch it.

Comment

the game will have a total of 60 minutes of grassrolling, 30 minutes of shouting at the ref and 3 minutes of substitutions..probably a 0-0 or a draw result
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Considering Japanese and Chinese history, tomorrow's match will be insane. Both countries fought one of the nastiest wars with the Japanese occupation and invasion of China. These memories are still last longing like us and the Iran Iraq war and it should be really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            their team is weak honestly even for african standards. Most players in divs 2-4 on france, few in lower crappy teams in turkey, couple in countries such as bulgaria, slovakia, etc.

But I think it does underline how competitive WCQ are everywhere atm. Countries like El salvador holding US with all their young "exciting" foreign based players, ukraine tying france, and many other examples across the world.
            True - with the club teams flying in their players late due to COVID, the competition for sure has tightened up. National teams with quality players have a harder time gelling now which has made lower-ranked teams way more competitive.

I would like to see a Gabon Iran friendly. I feel like the African teams give Iran good competition physically and can help work out tactics and issues with our offense/defense. Probably cheaper to organize as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
              Considering Japanese and Chinese history, tomorrow's match will be insane. Both countries fought one of the nastiest wars with the Japanese occupation and invasion of China. These memories are still last longing like us and the Iran Iraq war and it should be really interesting.
              Prior to Japan's subpar start against Oman I would have thought this game would be a comfortable game for Japan, but now I'm not so sure. Japan really struggle against teams that sit back and defend, since they tend to repetitively pass the ball around without being able to break through the back 4. They need someone like Minamino who can dribble and draw defenders to him, but he got sent back to his club (due to fitness reasons I believe), and the main option that would fit the mould of what I mentioned is Kubo. He didn't start against Oman but if he does, I think he'll be the key to opening China's defense and ultimately scoring goals. The sentiment here in Japan for many is hope they lose so that HC Moriyasu gets fired, interestingly.
              Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Oman showed a resilient team with solid organization. They are going to be a difficult team for anyone in group B. Coach is also very experienced and knows Asian opponents very well.

In Asia, in general if you are defensively organized you win 9 out of 10 because most teams are not that strong offensively.

Comment

Team A: Hate the coach, don't mind the team
                  Team B: Like the coach, hate the team

Comment

Whats the best score outcome for us from UAE and Syria game ? I'm thinking Syria win cause next UAE vs us, they will be under huge pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                      Whats the best score outcome for us from UAE and Syria game ? I'm thinking Syria win cause next UAE vs us, they will be under huge pressure.
                      Draw but if I had to pick a winner then Syria

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
                        Definitely draw.

Comment

Alright are we taking bets on how many goals Saudi Arabia will score off of penalties this time? Last time it was something insane like 9-10, if I remember correctly.

Comment

if SK draw, they're gonna he extra hungry next month :/

Comment

Lebanon grass rolling from minute 5 … shameful Asian football.

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
                                Lebanon grass rolling from minute 5 … shameful Asian football.
                                its so frustrating. Dont know why refs dont start handing out cards for play acting? We should expect the same when we play lebanon

Comment

Working...
                                X