Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday CQ!!! Good luck on your qualifers and hope to see you in the WC!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Happy Birthday CQ!!! Good luck on your qualifers and hope to see you in the WC!

Some of us are suffering from battered coach syndrome. The guy didn't acknowledge/congratulate our qualification to WC nor should he since he has coached other places since but we still make efforts to wish him well...yet he could be our potential WC rival. Screw anyone not affiliated with TM. It's a world cup year...us versus them all no matter the team or person!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Some of us are suffering from battered coach syndrome. The guy didn't acknowledge/congratulate our qualification to WC nor should he since he has coached other places since but we still make efforts to wish him well...yet he could be our potential WC rival. Screw anyone not affiliated with TM. It's a world cup year...us versus them all no matter the team or person!

Finally some good sense.

Comment

Ozone and Psg, narahat nabashid. Its actually the Croatian dallal’s half birthday too. (3 Sept.)

Comment

He'll always be a legend for what he did for Iranian football.

Unless he is playing directly against us, I will always support the guy. Gave me the happiest and proudest memories.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
              Ozone and Psg, narahat nabashid. Its actually the Croatian dallal’s half birthday too. (3 Sept.)
              If he is a dallal, he is a very bad dallal cause he is working for next to nothing while getting us out of the stickiest situations and get us qualified for WC in the shortest possible time with no hardly any camps, or friendlies... on top of being namak nashnas, you are sticking labels to him that does not fit. The job was not even offered to him at first... multiple iranian coaches refused the job before desperate IFF brought him in as a last resort...

Comment

Didn't know him and Cafu were so close.

Comment

I thanked you for this post. But some education is needed.

Definition of "dallal":

Takes as much money as he can from you with the promise of great returns and fanfare; however he never actually delivers on par with what you paid him.

You tell me who fits that description best. The guy whose team cracked under pressure and played down to opponents levels or the one who set a qualification record from basically an eliminated team.

Comment

You guys think he was being paid more in IPL or Azadegan? Or had better offers from Croatia, Dubai, Qatar that he turned down? This was probably the highest paying job available to him that could potentially lead to other high paying jobs. Don’t mistake a Croatian coach for an Iranian player who is there because of gheyrat.

Comment

You guys think he was being paid more in IPL or Azadegan? Or had better offers from Croatia, Dubai, Qatar that he turned down? This was probably the highest paying job available to him that could potentially lead to other high paying jobs. Don’t mistake a Croatian coach for an Iranian player who is there because of gheyrat.
                      I don't understand. Then why wasn't this gheyrat you speak of available for Wilmots who was paid even more? I don't disagree we have talent and drive but a team is only as good as its weakest link. In this team the coach is not the weakest link...he has demonstrated his capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        I don't understand. Then why wasn't this gheyrat you speak of available for Wilmots who was paid even more? I don't disagree we have talent and drive but a team is only as good as its weakest link. In this team the coach is not the weakest link...he has demonstrated his capabilities.
                        Wilmots is a charlatan whose only intention was to rip off FFIRI with his lawyer wife. The players said there was no preperation or planning and it was all a joke. Not even a sheep would follow him. To me, Skocic is like Biden. The guy before him was so bad that this one can seem good (to some) at first. And I must disagree with you. I think he is the weakest link. Who else is making decisions like starting Khalilzadeh or benching Ghoddos?

Comment

Wilmots is a charlatan whose only intention was to rip off FFIRI with his lawyer wife. The players said there was no preperation or planning and it was all a joke. Not even a sheep would follow him. To me, Skocic is like Biden. The guy before him was so bad that this one can seem good (to some) at first. And I must disagree with you. I think he is the weakest link. Who else is making decisions like starting Khalilzadeh or benching Ghoddos?
                          Every coach makes questionable lineup decisions. Can't satisfy everyone. Skocic lineups have done well...can't complain. I mean it could be worse like playing and starting a slow and give away master Shojaie for 4 years too long?

Also Ghoddos barely plays at club level. I'm sure Skocic is more aware of his readiness and match fitness than most of us arm chair coaches

Comment

Youngest pic of CQ that I think I've seen yet! With the mustache, he was truly an honorary Iranian even back then =)

Comment

We can rename this thread carlos queiroz thread!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Youngest pic of CQ that I think I've seen yet! With the mustache, he was truly an honorary Iranian even back then =)
                                Woow great pic!

Some similarities with this pic of Javad Zarincheh, mainly the hair and sibil..
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X