Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omids View Post
    CQ speaks after his sending off in the African Cup semifinals

https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsAFCON/2021/459500.aspx

Egypt coach Querioz unloads on referee Gassama after AFCON semifinal against Cameroon

Egypt national team coach Carlos Queiroz slammed the performance of the Gambian referee Bakari Gassama, during arbitrating the Africa Cup of Nations semifinal match on Thursday against hosts Cameroon which the Pharaohs won on penalties.

The Portuguese coach revealed that Gassama went to Egypt’s locker room and threatened the technical staff ahead of the game, criticizing the Confederation of African Football 'for picking him for such an important game.'

"We hadn't started the game yet and he comes to the locker room to intimidate our staff. But even against this, against all the decisions, which were always against Egypt, we were the best team in the second half and on penalties,” Queiroz told reporters.

"Again, unfortunately, they send this type of referees to a game of this level, referees with no experience, wanting to put on a show... It started right in the dressing room."

The Pharaohs coach also criticized the way Gassama dealt with the technical staff during the game accusing him of 'injustice,' as the Gambian referee sent off Queiroz and booked assistant coach Wael Gomaa a yellow card.

“It was clear what the referee meant to see or not to see, acting like he is Superman, showing me the yellow card and threatening me, I have 44 years of football, almost 70 years old, who are those who come to yell at me and in the face of Wael Gomaa? Children screaming as if we started our journey yesterday,” Queiroz explained.

"We are working, so why do they threaten us with a finger in the face, who gives these strength? This is the point, write this, they have already fired my assistant (Roger de Sa), he was the victim of an assault by the president of the Moroccan Federation, there were witnesses, he insulted him in the tunnel leading to the locker rooms attacked him, and CAF’s decision was to stop him for 4 matches and nothing for the president of the Moroccan Federation,” the Portuguese coach told reporters.

“CAF does not respect Egypt, from the timing of the matches to the quality of the stadiums, we had the worst stadiums, we are Egypt! How can this referee stay in the African Cup of Nations after what he did? Who understands this? No? Nobody!” he concluded.

The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has filed a complaint to CAF before Cameroon game for choosing Gassama to direct the game, but it didn’t go further, and also the EFA has requested from the CAF to postpone Egypt’s next game in the final against Senegal to be on Monday instead of Sunday because of the marathon games the Egyptians had during the last three games.
    what is CQ trying to say here, lol. incoherent

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
      what is CQ trying to say here, lol. incoherent
      It was very coherent actually. You may not agree with his message, but he got his points across.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
        Ahly beating Monterrey right now with 11 first team players out. 😂

North American clubs are trash.
        mexican league is a very good league.
        i follow it off and on . club america and chivas are
        the 2 best teams over all with chivas having hugh following due to their only use of mexican players.
        most games are sold out with good pay for players and alot of advertising and hugh following market in u.s as well.
        mexican league they play 2 times a year and they have 2 crown champions every year . thy play 17 games + playoffs which makesit very exciting.

ONLY PROBLEM IS ALOT OFTIMES THE TEAM that is champion in spring lets say does very poor in winter.
        constantency its not there. and always mexican teams majority of time get poor result in wcc....
        mexican clubs are very good and fun to watch
        they are far from trash. mexican national team always fun team in wc and thy can beat any team at any day and they play very exciting attacking soccer .
        mexican teams
        mexican leagues
        mexico nt
        SHOULD BE RESPECTED.
        to t

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          So because Egypt couldn't score and win in 90 min they want to get a longer break before facing Senegal???
          No bro its because senegal's game was on 2nd of feb and egypts game was on 3rd of feb. So senegal is getting one day extra rest.

I think they should've given 4 day to rest exactly like World cup or euro 2020 or even in copa amrica . So i think CQ and egypt have every right to ask for 1 day extra rest. But i guess its africa and they have BS management .

Comment

can not changed final date
            due to tv and sponsors.
            big difference sunday than monday.
            this is not neighborhood cup
            which hasan has to go to his uncle house on
            sunday lets change te final to monday.
            lets goooo egypt bring the cup
            back home.

Comment

Btw, Mame Thiam made it to final deep senegal squad in CAN
              Senegal has the best squad in Africa at the moment.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                due to tv and sponsors.
                sunday lets change te final to monday.
                lets goooo egypt bring the cup
                back home.
                You seem to miss the point completely. Of course the date won’t be changed but Its part of the psychological game that is being played. This is typical CQ ploy to create a siege mentality within his team, to tell them we are up against all of them, he did that expertly with TM as well when we had our back against the wall in the WC qualifiers and it worked. Motivation after the feeling of being wronged is a massive lift for any team. Would it be enough for Egypt against Senegal who knows.

Comment

due to tv and sponsors.
                  I was pointing out their shitty schedule and managements. Someone had to point it out and CQ did, he is also using it as motivational method to keep his players going Also this cup has been a big joke internationally anyways .

btw most of african countries have friday off not saturday or sunday Thats including egypt .

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                    You seem to miss the point completely. Of course the date won’t be changed but Its part of the psychological game that is being played. This is typical CQ ploy to create a siege mentality within his team, to tell them we are up against all of them, he did that expertly with TM as well when we had our back against the wall in the WC qualifiers and it worked. Motivation after the feeling of being wronged is a massive lift for any team. Would it be enough for Egypt against Senegal who knows.
                    yes cq is master of that and hecan come up with
                    100 things to pump them up.
                    BUT
                    THIS ONE THEY HAVE EXTRA DAY TO REST
                    is dumbest way to motivate bunch grown man.
                    its insulting their iq s to a degree.tesearegrown mans not retards ...everyone know scheduling was done long time a go
                    not nowing egypt will be there that semifinal.
                    so i hope he dnt go that way.
                    other ways to do it.
                    i am big cq fan btw

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                      I was pointing out their shitty schedule and managements. Someone had to point it out and CQ did, he is also using it as motivational method to keep his players going Also this cup has been a big joke internationally anyways .

btw most of african countries have friday off not saturday or sunday Thats including egypt .
                      i just looked up cameroon bank working days
                      that tells you alot about that country.
                      monday through friday.
                      sat and sunday off.
                      so sunday is day off for most of the country.
                      they dont schedule these matches
                      as they go its decided months in advance.

yes both semi should be done same day.
                      but they are trying to milk the sponsors.

Comment

yes cq is master of that and hecan come up with
                        100 things to pump them up.
                        BUT
                        THIS ONE THEY HAVE EXTRA DAY TO REST
                        is dumbest way to motivate bunch grown man.
                        its insulting their iq s to a degree.tesearegrown mans not retards ...everyone know scheduling was done long time a go
                        not nowing egypt will be there that semifinal.
                        so i hope he dnt go that way.
                        other ways to do it.
                        i am big cq fan btw
                        I suppose it’s matter of opinion, also it’s a combination of things CQ will use to motivate his players, being under siege due to shorter rest time compared to the other finalist, biased refereeing, coaching staff being carded, including his red card, bad playing surface, call of war for a football game,etc etc. I am not saying this will all make sense to you & me but that’s his strategy. I am also a supporter of CQ. In fact, you can argue that Cameroon were hoping to win the semi-final and they would have also given themselves a day less to recover, so it can’t be a bias against Egypt but just bad scheduling.

Camaroon coach complaining on scheduling as well:
                        https://ojbsport.com/2022/02/05/its-...on-scheduling/

Comment

yes both semi should be done same day.
                          but they are trying to milk the sponsors.
                          I get what you saying and also I don't think it should be done on the same day. They should've simply followed World cup , Euro 2020 or even copa america. 4 days rest is enough for a team to recover. It doesn't matter if Senegal(finalist #1) get 5 days rest as long as Egypt (finalist #2) can get the standard recovering time of 4 days.

Again BS mis management in africa.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            I get what you saying and also I don't think it should be done on the same day. They should've simply followed World cup , Euro 2020 or even copa america. 4 days rest is enough for a team to recover. It doesn't matter if Senegal(finalist #1) get 5 days rest as long as Egypt (finalist #2) can get the standard recovering time of 4 days.

Again BS mis management in africa.
                            when egypt win
                            can CQ
                            IN HIS NEWS CONFERence
                            also say in farsi
                            ASADI
                            TAJ
                            K......S KHAHAR JOOFTETOON
                            i wont be surprise if he wins
                            he call out iff.
                            he is aware this is his last few games in his life
                            people like him have surprise in their sleeves for these
                            moments

Comment

Some dodgy football right there. ...... match fixing ?????

Comment

Egypt saves a PK in the opening minutes, wow. Still 0-0.

Comment

Working...
                                X