Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    US choose Minnesota to play Honduras under - 16 degrees,while having plenty of alternatives with better climate. 2 hondurian players had to be subbed out because of extreme climate
    USMNT also provided winter gear to Honduras players and staff...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Homa View Post
      Why not? And why should they change the city. This is actually a clever move.
      I wouldn´t mind to play against the Persian Gulf Arab countries in the colder Tabriz.
      It put players health at risk

Comment

It’s a really a-hole move to compete against the Central Americans in Minnesota or Ohio, when totally unnecessary. Not only the cold, but they want to avoid Latino immigrant heavy cities (LA, Houston, etc), as to preserve their home crowd advantage.

They rather risk frost bite.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          It put players health at risk
          Playing the World Cup in Qatar isn't putting the players health at risk?

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
            Playing the World Cup in Qatar isn't putting the players health at risk?
            Totally. Which is why it was moved to the winter

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              It’s a really a-hole move to compete against the Central Americans in Minnesota or Ohio, when totally unnecessary. Not only the cold, but they want to avoid Latino immigrant heavy cities (LA, Houston, etc), as to preserve their home crowd advantage.

They rather risk frost bite.
              So hear me out, you expect the US to not use all available to them to their advantage for their home game? They already played their away game in a stadium that is packed with home crowd, why would they come back and do the same thing at home? Of course they are going to use everything to their advantage to win. If it's not in the rules, you can bet it will be used to the full advantage. This is professional sports we are talking about.

Comment

So hear me out, you expect the US to not use all available to them to their advantage for their home game? They already played their away game in a stadium that is packed with home crowd, why would they come back and do the same thing at home? Of course they are going to use everything to their advantage to win. If it's not in the rules, you can bet it will be used to the full advantage. This is professional sports we are talking about.
                Obviously it was legal, and of course I expect the US to do it. Still an a-hole move IMO.

Comment

Totally. Which is why it was moved to the winter
                  Just a quick google search shows that the temperatures in November in Qatar can get to 85* F, with approximately 60% humidity. You don't think that can be bad for the players' health?

Comment

Obviously it was illegal, and of course I expect the US to do it. Still an a-hole move IMO.
                    Where does in the rules say it's illegal? a-hole move or not, they won. Goal is to get to the World Cup, not to be nice.

Comment

Just a quick google search shows that the temperatures in November in Qatar can get to 85* F, with approximately 60% humidity. You don't think that can be bad for the players' health?
                      I agree it’s still not good conditions but Better than summer

Comment

I agree it’s still not good conditions but Better than summer
                        Most definitely. Still bad tho, but we know how Fifa runs. It's the power of the dollar at work. Sadly the system is corrupt. Perfect scenario, climate would be taken into account, there would be rules to make things more fair, but alas it's never fair.

Comment

We made Mexico play us in Edmonton in chilly conditions. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                            We made Mexico play us in Edmonton in chilly conditions. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
                            now thats cruel
                            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

"People complaining about the cold weather must not have watched CONCACAF for a long time."
                              https://old.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/co..._weather_must/

"Honduras, Mexico and Panama use their heat and humidity as an advantage every cycle.

It’s only fair that the US and Canada get to use the cold as an advantage if possible. It’s fair game and it worked for both teams. Gamesmanship is fair play."

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                                "People complaining about the cold weather must not have watched CONCACAF for a long time."
                                https://old.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/co..._weather_must/

"Honduras, Mexico and Panama use their heat and humidity as an advantage every cycle.

It’s only fair that the US and Canada get to use the cold as an advantage if possible. It’s fair game and it worked for both teams. Gamesmanship is fair play."
                                How could small countries like Honduras and Panama do something else? It's not like they have the choice

Comment

Working...
                                X