Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
    if you look at last three WCQs (2014, 2018, 2022), we have the best record by far. Men like, women lie, but numbers don't.

hate this attitude of diminishing the best team in Asia by Iranians. All the big Asian reporters call Iran the best team in Asia while some in our fan base don't lol. We have the best forwards in Asia and it's not close; our defense thus far has also been amazing - we don't concede goals.
    I think we are better than Aussies and KSA; slightly better than Korea (i rate them higher than both Aussies and KSA); but still below Japans Level. Japan has a stronger foundation (Youth-Academies etc.), better connection to European Leagues ( i mean Players that move to Europe), mental strength and resistance, better League and more international experience. If we continue exporting players to Europe we can def. close the gap.

A friendly against Japan would be the best thing, that can happen to us. They will show us our real Level.

Comment

So colombia lost (as expected) and right now they have 1585.9 points. We have 1572.3, so a win against would give us 13.7 points (total = 1586). Would take us above Colombia and wales . IMO Colombia is pretty much out unless a miracle happens and they win 2 of their remaining games and peru doesn't get 3 points out of their remaning 3 games .

That pot 2 looks really really sexy right now. We have a great chance of making that pot 2, only if we beat south korea and lebanon.

Ofc there are other teams like peru and senegal that could possibly go above us if they win but they don't have that much of a chance to making it to WC. Peru will most likely lose to uruguay and go to third round playing against AUS/IRAQ/UAE.

Italy/Portugal - atleast one or even possibily 2 won't make it
      Sweden/Wales - really hard task to make it
      Uruguay/Colombia/Peru - atleast one or even possibily 2 won't make it

And final lets hope King Carlos Queiroz knocks out senegal from WCQ .

Ps : we need to be in top 15 teams in fifa ranking (that qualified for World cup )

E.g. WC 2018 Three teams (ranked #9 , 14, 15) from 1 to 18 didn't make it so that why Croatia ranked 18th was in pot 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
        those 2002 groups were absolutely ridiculous. i still dont get how saudi and iran were in same group.
        This happens in CAF all the time. Ivory Coast are not in the WCQ playoffs because of it, while DR Congo and Mali are. Ivory Coast would have won both those groups.

Comment

Great news . Peru just draw Ecuador meaning they will lose 2.6 points in their fifa ranking and also they are one step closer to WC.

So we are ranked 20th , then senegal is 21st and then peru 22nd .

colombia has to WIN their last two games and hope for peru to lose both games.

Comment

El Savador squad is prptesting their federation and threatened not to play versus Canada in a few hours...talk about team and federation in disarray

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/cana...ayer-protests/

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
              And Oman had to field a second string side because of Covid.
              Oman deserved to get at least a tie against Saudi away last week too. I think Oman, a pot 4 team is stronger than every group A team barring Iran and Korea.

Comment

HT US 2-0 Honduras

Comment

Its just f*cking joke that north america gets 3.5 spots when there is like only 1 or 2 okay teams in that continent. Mexico and USA are the only teams that are okay , the rest of them are BS. I know this year africa sorry i mean canada is doing well but thats just a one off.

The rest of the countries in their group don't even know what football is. Lol jamaica , honduras , el salvador , panama etc.... They should get 2.5 spots max!

Comment

Another masterclass by Buchanan for Canada. Has been on for 6-7 mins and already has dribbled into the opposing defenders and lost the ball 3 times lmao (one of the attempts was into 3 El Salvador defenders ). I swear we have better than him in our own azadegan league…..the dallals this kid has benefited from is truly insane.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Much needed win for the US

Atiba Hutchinson just scored a goal off his ass for Canada. Fun fact: his wife is Iranian - eating his wife’s ghormeh sabzi led to him scoring off his thicc ass

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        Another masterclass by Buchanan for Canada. Has been on for 6-7 mins and already has dribbled into the opposing defenders and lost the ball 3 times lmao (one of the attempts was into 3 El Salvador defenders ). I swear we have better than him in our own azadegan league…..the dallals this kid has benefited from is truly insane.
                        Did Buchanan hurt your team or something? All that hate

Comment

2-0 Jonathan David!

Canada playing defensive Queiroz-ball and leading the group

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

David gets better and better every game. Absolute tank

Comment

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
                              Did Buchanan hurt your team or something? All that hate
                              Nope, just an opinion that is supported by his latest performances. I actually root for Canada NT and only have reasons to like him if anything bc of that. Just bc I criticize someone’s game (the validity behind it) does not equate to “hate”
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                                Much needed win for the US

Atiba Hutchinson just scored a goal off his ass for Canada. Fun fact: his wife is Iranian - eating his wife’s ghormeh sabzi led to him scoring off his thicc ass
                                The most comedy of errors type goal you can score. Off the post, off his rear and then iff his head and in...Canada is going to embarras themselves as the World Cup. I predict a massive loss of 8-0 proportions as Concacaf feels only slightly better than Oceania. I doubt any Concacaf team could best Oman or Syria right now.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X