Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
    He's a great player wtf? You obvs don't watch Canada enough
    Weakest rated player today, the guy can barely complete a pass or hold onto the ball without getting disposed: https://www.sofascore.com/canada-usa/zUbscVb

He does the exact same thing every time, tries to dribble past his defender and when he’s playing against semi decent opposition it never works.

It’s my opinion….we can agree to disagree. I’m a season ticket holder for Red Bulls so I watch MLS/Revolution quite a bit and also watch all CONCACAFF WCQ’s. Today was a prime example of how ineffective he is.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Jamaica take the lead at Panama!

If they can take some points off Panama, chances will look good for US and Canada

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        As a Canada fan I thought the US was great today. Every single sub your coach made though was wrong. He literally took your most effective players out. Canada played a smart, dirty, counter attacking game.
        What do you think US did well today?

Almost no real chances created….it’d be generous to say we had more than 1 IMO. I thought this was one of the worst of the WCQ’s next to Panama and El Salvador games.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          What do you think US did well today?

Almost no real chances created….it’d be generous to say we had more than 1 IMO. I thought this was one of the worst of the WCQ’s next to Panama and El Salvador games.
          You stretched Canada out and penetrated well. If it wasn’t for Canada doing Ali asghari style defending and some lenient refereeing you would have scored. Not to mention Borjan’s amazing save.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            You stretched Canada out and penetrated well. If it wasn’t for Canada doing Ali asghari style defending and some lenient refereeing you would have scored. Not to mention Borjan’s amazing save.
            Ok yes I can see that but stretching them out and penetrating didn’t really result in any legit chances. If I’m not mistaken that save from borjan was from a FK or corner? I think Canada’s staff does a good job of allowing the other team to dominate possession and hit the opposition on the counter it has resulted in a number of goals for them this WCQ campaign. Very CQ-esque
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              Why Davies and Brym are not invited and Borjan starting instead of Crépeau for Canada?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
              Davies is out for some weeks cause he’s dealing with some heart problems (myocarditis) after having Covid

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                Weakest rated player today, the guy can barely complete a pass or hold onto the ball without getting disposed: https://www.sofascore.com/canada-usa/zUbscVb

He does the exact same thing every time, tries to dribble past his defender and when he’s playing against semi decent opposition it never works.

It’s my opinion….we can agree to disagree. I’m a season ticket holder for Red Bulls so I watch MLS/Revolution quite a bit and also watch all CONCACAFF WCQ’s. Today was a prime example of how ineffective he is.
                Regardless of what you think he's integral in the Canada setup and there's a reason why Herdman, Brugge, and New England all rely on him. Your opinion is in the minority

Comment

like I said, US are overrated. Their young guys that litter europe struggle to come together as a team and do much of note. Their style of play (dictated by coach) does not match their actual quality level/what they are capable of doing in international arena after training together only intermittently. They look like a naive team...

Canada played with much more defined system and despite less quality took deserved win.

Comment

Canada vs United States highlights:

Canadian commentary:

American commentary:

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

All I can say is please put Canada or USA with TM. Both teams looked awful today. Officiating was poor as well. Kick and run often without the ball or without a plan for attack.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        like I said, US are overrated. Their young guys that litter europe struggle to come together as a team and do much of note. Their style of play (dictated by coach) does not match their actual quality level/what they are capable of doing in international arena after training together only intermittently. They look like a naive team...

Canada played with much more defined system and despite less quality took deserved win.
                        Getting matched with the US would be excellent. We could beat them without a doubt

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          Japan have a style of play that is much enjoyable than all African teams. Collective play, organization. African rely mostly on individual talents
                          Asian teams have been getting great results against African teams in recent friendlies. For example, Kuwait beat Libya, Nepal beat Mauritius, Iraq & Bahrain beat Uganda, Uzbekistan beat South Sudan, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                            Asian teams have been getting great results against African teams in recent friendlies. For example, Kuwait beat Libya, Nepal beat Mauritius, Iraq & Bahrain beat Uganda, Uzbekistan beat South Sudan, etc...
                            Also at WC 2018 Asian Teams performed overall better than the African Teams. Also keep in mind, that KSA defeated Egypt, 'TM defeated Morocco and Japan drew Senegal 2-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                              Getting matched with the US would be excellent. We could beat them AGAIN without a doubt
                              Just a minor addendum =)

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                                Getting matched with the US would be excellent. We could beat them without a doubt
                                that will be great

Comment

Working...
                                X