Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    IV real scoring chances was more than egypt.
    Egypt keeper made 2-3 huge saves.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    Egypt should have scored at least 3 goals against Ivory Coast.
    They were very wasteful.
    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
      Yes they have, i watched their games.
      It’s always easier to judge from a neutral standpoint. Their fans think they’re Brazil.
      Their fans sound like some of ours on here then. It was a poor game but it's been a poor tournament overall, albeit with some amazing goals and a lot of red cards

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
        We did dominate Morocco for stretches in this game. They had spells too. We were missing far more players than them too. If we had our full 11, we're winning this game within the 90.
        There you are. I have to admit Egypt has proven me wrong.
        A while ago i wrote that i ranked you guys 4th in behind Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.

Your now ranked 1st in my eyes.

Hopefully you’re winning the tournament.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
          Their fans sound like some of ours on here then. It was a poor game but it's been a poor tournament overall, albeit with some amazing goals and a lot of red cards
          Hehe well they have a world class coach on their side now.
          While we…nevermind.
          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Without Salah, they're the level of Iran at WC 2014... Fortunately they both had CQ to make them look more respectable than they are/were.

I wasn't that impressed with Tunisia but I haven't seen enough of them but Egypt are a 1 man team. Algeria and Morocco have some top players... I'd rather have their squad than Egypt's and a better coach.

A bit of praise to their 2nd choice keeper though. He came on in the last game to make an impact and he made another huge save today on around 80 mins to keep them in the tournament.

Comment

There you are. I have to admit Egypt has proven me wrong.
              A while ago i wrote that i ranked you guys 4th in behind Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.
              Your now ranked 1st in my eyes.
              Hopefully you’re winning the tournament.
              We were in a heavy transitional period from 2014-2018 and that's why our results suffered then leading to the 2018 WC. Since then we've won the last U23 AFCON and have integrated players from there into the first team (Mostafa, Fatouh, Tawfik who tore his ACL in first game against Nigeria). So hopefully we continue this upward trajectory.

CQ brought Marmoush into the NT setup which I give him credit for. There are still a couple Egyptian players in the Bundesliga who have yet to receive a call up. Hopefully that changes in the coming period.

Comment

I dont really think the standard of football argument is relevant in such a tournament. No team, even those with top legionnairres in almost every position, are playing anything close to "good football". There are a million reasons why, namely very little prep time, totally different climate to european winter the top players are coming from, horrible pitches, etc.

What matters actually is having a solid defensive structure and finding a way to maximize the qualities of your best players, and cover everybody elses weaknesses, and CQ is a master at that.

Given their many injuries to key players and the media pressure back home they have performed very well and reached the semis. Cameroon will be another challenge as they are the home team and have had bizarre reffing choices go in their favor so far...they have a lot of power in CAF with etoo.

Comment

Canada vs US in an hour on Paramount+ (US) and OneSoccer (Canada)

OneSoccer pre-game show:

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                    Canada vs US in an hour on Paramount+ (US) and OneSoccer (Canada)

OneSoccer pre-game show:

Hugeee match. Go Canada!

Comment

Egypt has been playing very good lately, dominating both Morocco and Ivory Coast.
                      What’s very interesting is that CQ isn’t playing his usual defensive football.
                      Egypt has been playing very attack-minded football in the KO-stages, nice to see!
                      Well they defeated Ivory Coast in Penalties and Morocco in Added Time. At least not my definition of domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                        Well they defeated in Penalties and Morocco in Added Time. At least not my definition of domination.
                        My advice to you is to watch the full games.
                        That should change your view on the matter.
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          Given their many injuries to key players and the media pressure back home they have performed very well and reached the semis. Cameroon will be another challenge as they are the home team and have had bizarre reffing choices go in their favor so far...they have a lot of power in CAF with etoo.
                          You CQ's publicist by any chance? Already coming in with the excuses if they lose to Cameroon

I agree about the pitches... Dirt tracks, the lot of them. Doesn't help with the standard.

Comment

My advice to you is to watch the full games.
                            That should change your view on the matter.
                            Thank you for your advice, i have watched both games. The games against Ivory Coast Egypt had 5 clear chances, two of them were more or less "accidental" ( a semi shot-cross that become dangerous and a cross that was dangerously deflected from an Ivory Coast Player). Ivory Coast had the same amount of chances, arguably even better scoring chances.

If you look at the stats, you will also see that one can't speak of domination here. Ivory Coast had 55.3% possession and more shots on Target than Egypt. I am not saying that Ivory Coast was better, but Egypt def. didn't "dominate" them.

PS: same case with Egypt vs Morocco: Possession was 51-49% / shots on target 4-3/ shots off target 5-11! No domination here either.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                              You CQ's publicist by any chance? Already coming in with the excuses if they lose to Cameroon
                              I agree about the pitches... Dirt tracks, the lot of them. Doesn't help with the standard.
                              not really. Just saying it is part of the challenge playing aginst them. They had a close game game ended 5 full minutes before full time this tournament...and even vs comoros the game was called early. It may or may not come into the equation.

But frankly I do not see this cameroon side as anything particularly special. Having home advantage really helps them, couple decent CBs + very strong GK. Rest is just standard african side with lot of physicality and very little creativity or systematic game.

Comment

Wasn't the game that ended 5 min early a Tunisia game? I remember sending a clip to ppl on WhatsApp.

Referring is very poor in this tournament. Fussy and amateurish. Player simulation doesn't help though. They all seem to be as guilty as each other. It's like watching La Liga (the diving, not the quality of play)

Comment

Working...
                                X