Clear All

Match highlights.

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/240...B3%D8%A7%D9%84

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

MOTM: toothless bearded Tajik fan yelling instructions from the stands

Comment

^ you forgot OLD
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I watched the second half and was amazed how good Tajikistan played. They were quick great passing game with constant pressure on our u23 18 yard area. Our u23 was in disarray bad passing holding the ball too long and in many occation losing it. But they never stop fighting to hold the result and win the game. I am happy to see such a fighting spirit in our Young u23 and for that I am proud of them. Kia in the other hand was cool and calm and his tactic worked and was able to deliver 3 WINS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
            If this the future of our TM we are in trouble. These players are very weak.
            Kavian jan, considering we are actually preparing 3 years before the Olympics instead of the usual 6 months this is ok. It wasn’t great football but it’s the very beginning with a team missing many players as their clubs wouldn’t release them.

Also our Olympic team has always performed poorly. It’s just a unfortunate reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Kavian jan, considering we are actually preparing 3 years before the Olympics instead of the usual 6 months this is ok. It wasn’t great football but it’s the very beginning with a team missing many players as their clubs wouldn’t release them.

Also our Olympic team has always performed poorly. It’s just a unfortunate reality.
              Which key players wasn't released beside Hosseinzadeh in league? I haven't followed this.

Comment

Originally posted by Siavash View Post
                I watched the second half and was amazed how good Tajikistan played. They were quick great passing game with constant pressure on our u23 18 yard area.
                Totally agree. This Tajik team was superb and meant business. Their passing game was extremely accurate and their midfield controlled the second half tempo completely. It was a very good test for TM U23. Hopefully we can still learn a thing or two from them, even though the scoreline ended up in our favor.

Comment

What, What??? Mehdi Mahdavikia is 3-0 with U23. Fire him, fire him already!!!!!!!!!!! We don't want another Skocic with 10-1-0 record. Salmani should start criticizing him publicly right away. We should get the baghAl from sareh kocheh to come coach the team, Mahdavikia does not know what he is doing...

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, think they did great today. Great first half and knowing that most likely a tie will get us through and we were ahead by a goal, we just managed the game out in the second half. We would have looked silly if we were aggressive in the second half and ended up losing the game. As much as they attacked us, they did not create many chances. We blocked so many of their shots.

Comment

Great result. People who think that this team thrown together in last 3 weeks, including many players with little to no experience at younger youth levels, will steamroll a very strong Tajik side, in front of intimidating home crowd, who have been building together for years are mistaken.

Good number of these guys play for istiklol who even seasoned vets of Persepolis and yahya barely beat in dushanbe, playing like shit all night before lucky winner. These guys created loads of chances, again, could have scored more goals, and in the end got them job done.

Many of these guys won’t even be mainstays moving forward. Houshmand will surely slot in as CB and leader of defense, that will make big difference. Kia still has to identify a proper left back and right back, we were playing with short term fixes in those areas and it showed.

Yasin is very special. He deserves real mins in TM to help our #8 spot, see if he can make the place his own pre wc. The guy oozes class, can dribble at speed with both feet, grest finishing instinct, super weight of pass and playmaking skills, good physique, and maturity beyond his years. Or skocic can continue to insist with nourollahi for 90 mins every single fckin game, but such personnel choices won’t get us very far in WC.

Nokhodkar as many mentioned is also a big talent. I like his abilities when moved to 10 spot in last games, I previously thought of his only as winger. Super explosive, strong shooter, great dribbling and smart decisions in final third for some critical goals.

A lot of the goals we scored came from turnovers high up the pitch, in behind scenes vids you can hear kia keep talking to players about the press and importance of winning ball back high and early, this idea was implemented to good extent, but players need more fitness to keep it up for 90 mins. When you guys say they retreated second half and level dropped a lot that is highly correlated to fitness levels. Most of these guys are not fix for their club, or their clubs are crappier ones in pgpl. Their fitness needs work and special attention to actually sustain the tactics kia picks for 90mins.

Anyways, congrats to them. Finally after many years of u23 being left to rot with no project or anybody taking responsibility for team and guys I’m happy kia is finally there filling that role.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      Which key players wasn't released beside Hosseinzadeh in league? I haven't followed this.

Houshmand would be starting cb and make big difference to D line. Khatibi didn’t release him.

Comment

Nice to see Iranians keep their legend Mahdavikia on a shorter leash than Ayatollah Skocic.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          Houshmand would be starting cb and make big difference to D line. Khatibi didn’t release him.
                          Beside Houshmand and Hosseinzadeh i think this is pretty much the team. As allahyar and delfi won't most likely be released for the next round

Comment

There are few issues as R and L backs, keeper and CB. Assuming Houshmand will be back. Kia still need to find decent R&L backs and keeper.

Comment

Beside Houshmand and Hosseinzadeh i think this is pretty much the team. As allahyar and delfi won't most likely be released for the next round

I think it open to change based on how guys play in the league. Ghobishavi of SNA who was u17 captain with chamanian could make next team too, some others as well. Rahmati did not release javadkia who is the best GK for sure.

So if you want to talk starters: javadkia, houshmand, a new RB for sure (probably a new LB too), hosseinzadeh, allahyar, Delfi. That is like half the starting xi. Would make a big difference

Comment

There are few issues as R and L backs, keeper and CB. Assuming Houshmand will be back. Kia still need to find decent R&L backs and keeper.
                                Best keeper in this age bracket is shahre khodro javadkia

Comment

Working...
                                X