Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karim will not be dropped from the squad, he is a leader and one of the senior players that everyone looks up to. His presence is needed in TM whether on or off the field.

Hajsafi at LB has not worked in TM for almost 14 years now, he has never managed to figure out how to mark his man, or position himself to stop an attack. It'll never work, and he is no longer good in midfield either.

I have no idea what happened with Milad, the guy was an absolute ace in LB. I felt like he could play against any opposition, and despite his small size, his tackling and speed were very good. I always felt like he just needed to improve his ball control / crossing to be a complete LB. However, he has completely dropped in form and confidence. I don't get what happened to him, but he is horrible now...
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

We really need to sort out our CM & wing-back positions. With our current state, we are going to be easily exposed in the WC.
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

AEK fans really like Hajsafi at LB...

F*ck it.. Give me Hajsafi as Team Melli LB i don't care anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          AEK fans really like Hajsafi at LB...

F*ck it.. Give me Hajsafi as Team Melli LB i don't care anymore
          Poor guys don’t know what football is then!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Poor guys don’t know what football is then!
            Hahaha.. With all due respect to Ehsan he's had a decent few matches now that he's replaced Milad

I trust Hajsafi at LB over Milad and Noorafkan tbh... At least he has experience?

Comment

For everyone who thinks Hajsafi is a good choice for LB, please go back and watch all his games at that position. In particular go back to the Portugal game and watch how Portugal scored.

Hajsafi maybe an adequate LB for Asian standards (BIG maybe), but he should not be our LB at the world cup. Has anyone watched England's, or even USA's wingers? ....or Wales/Scotland?

LB is going to be a problem for us at the WC, no matter what, but I prefer anyone but Hajsafi for that position.

Comment

Originally posted by ballhugger View Post
                For everyone who thinks Hajsafi is a good choice for LB, please go back and watch all his games at that position. In particular go back to the Portugal game and watch how Portugal scored.

Hajsafi maybe an adequate LB for Asian standards (BIG maybe), but he should not be our LB at the world cup. Has anyone watched England's, or even USA's wingers? ....or Wales/Scotland?

LB is going to be a problem for us at the WC, no matter what, but I prefer anyone but Hajsafi for that position.
                I sadly think our best alternative is Milad Mohammadi because of his speed, he is the only one that can keep up whit England and Usa wingers.

Comment

How on earth can milad be a better alternative when he has been so shit for AEK and TM that he got replaced by the same Hajsafi and Norafkan respectively??

Yes, on paper we all want him to be our left back, he has shown he can play at a solid level before. But that simply isnt the reality today, he is the worst of the lot. Think how bad you need to play to have Hajsafi displace you. The highlights are in this thread, the guy is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    How on earth can milad be a better alternative when he has been so shit for AEK and TM that he got replaced by the same Hajsafi and Norafkan respectively??

Yes, on paper we all want him to be our left back, he has shown he can play at a solid level before. But that simply isnt the reality today, he is the worst of the lot. Think how bad you need to play to have Hajsafi displace you. The highlights are in this thread, the guy is useless.
                    Have to agree completely.. Milad is no where near Team Melli level anymore, not even backup worthy to be honest. He can't even control a simple ball and send in normal passes anymore.. it's kind of sad to be honest.

Noorafkan, while completely inept defensively, at least has some redeeming qualities offensively. He reminds me of a young Hajsafi almost... Ready to shoot a rocket into NASA like his predecessor. We're in all honesty screwed at left back...

Our best options are to try out Jafar Salmani at LB, play Vahid Amiri there, or trust Hajsafi to at least let his experience at LB not completely shit on us...

Comment

Have to agree completely.. Milad is no where near Team Melli level anymore, not even backup worthy to be honest. He can't even control a simple ball and send in normal passes anymore.. it's kind of sad to be honest.
                      Noorafkan, while completely inept defensively, at least has some redeeming qualities offensively. He reminds me of a young Hajsafi almost... Ready to shoot a rocket into NASA like his predecessor. We're in all honesty screwed at left back...
                      Our best options are to try out Jafar Salmani at LB, play Vahid Amiri there, or trust Hajsafi to at least let his experience at LB not completely shit on us...
                      we can allwayz play ghoddos or arj there? eaven if they are needed up front they have played there for their clubs and did ok.

not saying this is THE solution or that is a good solutin, just saying its an option that possibly can work. and open up some space infront for players like allahyar, mohebbi, moving down azmoun/taremi to ghoddos position and put zahedi on top etc..

(or GHAEDI )
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I hear you, but tell me, who beside mimo do we have have that can keep up whit the pace of England and Usa?

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post
                          I hear you, but tell me, who beside mimo do we have have that can keep up whit the pace of England and Usa?
                          the thing is milad WONT be able to + he is a walking turnover. None of the options can, for sure not 1v1. Thats why we may have to adopt 352 system where a lwb is provided additional cover by a nearby CM and wider CB. And if we do, stupidly, keep a flat back 4 vs england, then that player will need to be totally covered. The most defensively solid option is probably Khalilzadeh as a LB, if we play with wing backs then amiri at LWB would be a strong candidate.

Comment

The thing about Milad is his defense. His offensive qualities (ball control, crossing, breaking a press, vision, etc...) was never there. But players always have a hard time getting by him, his positioning defensively is perfect, he tackles at the right time and he has speed. And he has been doing this defensive bit the longest amongst the mentioned candidates for LB. Of course, this makes for half a player, but beggars can't be choosers. I can really only see him playing against England.

AEK may need their LB to take the ball up and cross into the box... Hajsafi would be much better than Milad for that role. Maybe that is why they go back and forth with Milad and Hajsafi. If the opposition has a dangerous RW that needs to be contained, then Milad, otherwise, Hajsafi.

Comment

Originally posted by ballhugger View Post

2 of Iraq's 3 goals in 2015 AC were also his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                                The thing about Milad is his defense. His offensive qualities (ball control, crossing, breaking a press, vision, etc...) was never there. But players always have a hard time getting by him, his positioning defensively is perfect, he tackles at the right time and he has speed. And he has been doing this defensive bit the longest amongst the mentioned candidates for LB. Of course, this makes for half a player, but beggars can't be choosers. I can really only see him playing against England.

AEK may need their LB to take the ball up and cross into the box... Hajsafi would be much better than Milad for that role. Maybe that is why they go back and forth with Milad and Hajsafi. If the opposition has a dangerous RW that needs to be contained, then Milad, otherwise, Hajsafi.
                                That's where I'm too. Against England, I don't care if our Fullbacks don't attempt a single cross as long as they don't get blown by or miss their defensive assignments. Even against Korea, Milmo was solid defensively, happened to be out of sync with the team on the ball.

Noorafkan can't even mark Asian opponents. Not even hyperbolic to say he was one of the worst Sepehan players in ACL.

And Hajisafi is too slow to contain players who cutback.

Give Milmo a couple of starts, if he doesn't work, the fuck it, play Amiri there.

Comment

Working...
                                X