No announcement yet.

Shahab Zahedi @ Zorya Luhansk FC | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the whole Russia-Ukraine turmoil happening, I can see the Ukrainian league being halted... Hope he gets out of there and goes to another league.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
      With the whole Russia-Ukraine turmoil happening, I can see the Ukrainian league being halted... Hope he gets out of there and goes to another league.
      The upside is, he may be playing in Russian premier league next season without changing team! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
        The upside is, he may be playing in Russian premier league next season without changing team! :-)
        If Shahktar and Zorya get added to the Russian League, then that league will get better.. Both are very solid good clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
          Looks like you were right!

Historic moment:

Putin just signed a decree recognizing the independence of the LDNR republics (Luhansk and Donetsk People's Republics) and signed treaties on cooperation and mutual support with the respective leaders.

Interesting times...

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
            Looks like you were right!
            Historic moment:
            Putin just signed a decree recognizing the LDNR republics and signed treaties on cooperation and mutual support.
            Yup, Luhansk is one of those "independent" regions
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

So technically their teams won't be able to participate in Ukrainian league ASAP right? Now will they roll them over to Russia?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                So technically their teams won't be able to participate in Ukrainian league ASAP right? Now will they roll them over to Russia?

Currently, these clubs that fall in those regions are playing in other parts of Ukraine that aren't affected. I'm not sure how this will impact things going forward.. I'm sure FIFA and Ukrainian officials won't easily allow two of their more important clubs to simply go to the Russian league.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                  Currently, these clubs that fall in those regions are playing in other parts of Ukraine that aren't affected. I'm not sure how this will impact things going forward.. I'm sure FIFA and Ukrainian officials won't easily allow two of their more important clubs to simply go to the Russian league.
                  Well they would have to relocate. But if the owners of these clubs support the separatist movement it's hard to stop them from leaving. If they can get into RPL financially it is to their advantage.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Medium (and long term) they'll play in the RPL I'm sure.

They obviously won't play in the Ukraine league any longer and the new republics will be too small to support a professional football league.

But in the short term it'll be confusing.

Comment

Not all of Luhansk and Donetsk are held by the Russian back rebels - I am assuming it is only the parts of these two regions that are held by them.
                      As mentioned Zorya have been playing outside of Luhansk.

Edit - just looked and the cities of Donetsk and Luhansk are in the areas that Russia has recognised as independent. Zorya actually have rich historic ties with Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        Not all of Luhansk and Donetsk are held by the Russian back rebels - I am assuming it is only the parts of these two regions that are held by them.
                        As mentioned Zorya have been playing outside of Luhansk.

Edit - just looked and the cities of Donetsk and Luhansk are in the areas that Russia has recognised as independent. Zorya actually have rich historic ties with Russia.
                        Also, although worded somewhat confusingly, it's become clear that Russia has recognized the entire original Oblasts (inkl. the one's held by Ukrainian forces) as part of the new independent republics. So, It's going to take time until the dust settles.

Comment

In an interview with v3 he mentioned, he has no intention to return to Iran and want move to better league/club at the end of the season.
                          https://www.varzesh3.com/news/181190...81%D8%A7%D9%82

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            In an interview with v3 he mentioned, he has no intention to return to Iran and want move to better league/club at the end of the season.
                            https://www.varzesh3.com/news/181190...81%D8%A7%D9%82

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                            That’s good, it would be a waste of all his hard work if he went to Persepolis. He’s still young. I’m sure he will have offers from solid midtable teams in Portugal and comparable leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              That’s good, it would be a waste of all his hard work if he went to Persepolis. He’s still young. I’m sure he will have offers from solid midtable teams in Portugal and comparable leagues.
                              He already had an offer from Rio Ave prior to when he chose to join Zorya Luhansk.

Comment

He has the attributes (Speed, physicality) to do well for those mid to bottom teams in top leagues. Would be a good test.

Comment

Working...
                                X