Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^beautifully delivered/placed assist.

Comment

Regardless of whether he should have passed it or not, Gholi's dribbling skills are immense and his technique is second to none! Is there anyone on Team Melli who can dribble better than Gholi? I think not!

https://www.tiktok.com/@footloveball...from_webapp=v1

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        Regardless of whether he should have passed it or not, Gholi's dribbling skills are immense and his technique is second to none! Is there anyone on Team Melli who can dribble better than Gholi? I think not!

I think he’s a valuable player, and his dribbling skills are good no doubt. But if he does the same thing (not passing to an open teammate with ample time to do so) against an opponent during the world cup, I will hurl my drink at the tv.

You just can’t do that in a more serious game.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Good dribbler, but HORRIFIC passer (or rather, shows no interest in seriously passing, so its tough to tell re: his vision and actual passing ability).

I personally would like to see a competition for his role emerge. Being an above average dribbler in Asia/Belgium isn't a recipe for success at the WC (or even against stronger Asian sides).

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
            Good dribbler, but HORRIFIC passer (or rather, shows no interest in seriously passing, so its tough to tell re: his vision and actual passing ability).

I personally would like to see a competition for his role emerge. Being an above average dribbler in Asia/Belgium isn't a recipe for success at the WC (or even against stronger Asian sides).
            His vision is excellent and so are his passes if he’s focused.
            Look at his assist against Iraq in the Bahrain qualifiers. Cuts through the entire Iraqi team.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              His vision is excellent and so are his passes if he’s focused.
              Look at his assist against Iraq in the Bahrain qualifiers. Cuts through the entire Iraqi team.
              It was an amazing lateral pass to Hajsafi who assisted Sardar. It all started with him but he didn't have the assist. Everyone did amazing on that goal. Gholi's pass, Hajsaffi's service into the box and Sardar's finishing were all impeccable in terms of passing and accuracy and NONE of them were easy. Beautiful football. Start watching from minute 2:09 below. One of the most memorable moments of our qualification since without that goal we would have not made it to the third round.

Go Gholizadeh!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                It was an amazing lateral pass to Hajsafi who assisted Sardar. It all started with him but he didn't have the assist. Everyone did amazing on that goal. Gholi's pass, Hajsaffi's service into the box and Sardar's finishing were all impeccable in terms of passing and accuracy and NONE of them were easy. Beautiful football. Start watching from minute 2:09 below. One of the most memorable moments of our qualification since without that goal we would have not made it to the third round.

Go Gholizadeh!

You’re right. I should have said hockey assist.

Comment

i agree by enlarge...! however he aint all that bad of a passer of the ball when in heads up and in distribution/passing mode ..!
                  however, he also has this nasty tendency to get TunnelVisioned when he decides to take on markers and go on a dribbling/darting move goalbound..! if you notice, he has his head Down the whole time trying to Dribble/weave his way towards goal and totally oblivious to teammates around him... often he takes on one too many markers too and ends up running himself into wall/deadend or exhaust himself so bad that he can't even offload a decent velocity shot on goal ..!! like in last game, many pin it down to khoreh bazi, but in heat of the dribbling through moment, he did not notice Taremi being so open and available for a simple tap in pass .... he didnt even notice him being there until he fked up the play and picked his head up to notice a disappointed mehdi staring him down..!! (i can somewhat relate, cause i used to do same shitt back in my younger/playing days..!! ) .... Khalatbari was also another similar sorta dibbling attacker with slightly more jiggle factor to him than gholi perhaps but he also badly lacked full field vision ..! in my book these sorts of footballer are not even considered all that formidable of Dribblers .... per say..!
                  A Real Top Notch Dribbler is like AK8... the guy doesnt have to speed-move, put his head down, kick it into second gear, hardrun or circle around markers to get through them.... if you notice with AK8, his head nearly always is up and see the full picture in front of him, the ball is so damn close at his feet, like his joorab the whole fking time running at markers in front of him (a real damn hard thing to do..! ) and to top it all off shrewdly observant of the ever present laws of physics .... meaning he notices where momentum is taking his immediate marker in front of him and cuts against its grain and leaves him in the dust all along noticing the play developing in front of him and able to dribble past another or pass the open teammate ..!

Comment

He has all the physical tools. He has good technique, vision, and can shoot with both feet.

But he's not the best decision maker. He shoots when he should pass, and passes when he should shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      He has all the physical tools. He has good technique, vision, and can shoot with both feet.

But he's not the best decision maker. He shoots when he should pass, and passes when he should shoot.
                      Basically a poor mans AK8 that makes questionable decisions lol

Comment

Haha! Good call. AK was obviously a better dribbler but can't nearly shoot like Gholi.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                          I think he’s a valuable player, and his dribbling skills are good no doubt. But if he does the same thing (not passing to an open teammate with ample time to do so) against an opponent during the world cup, I will hurl my drink at the tv.

You just can’t do that in a more serious game.
                          This was a serious game - we still need to win the group!

A great option to have for congested defenses or teams with Queiroz-level bus parking.

Comment

On the bench for the game away against Club Brugge. Quite surprised with that, maybe he is carrying a slight knock or manager wants more defence minded players and then bring him on against tiring legs.

Comment

Gholi got subbed in at HT. They are down 2-0 now, 63rd minute.

The match is being streamed live on ESPN+ for US members.

Comment

Nice play by Gholi. Steals the ball, advances, provides a nice through pass to put his teammate on through goal, but teammate cant finish it.

Comment

Working...
                                X