This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Genuine questions here to those of you who want him to stay at Zenit over going to Lyon. Have you been watching Zenit’s game lately and if so what do you think of there performances?
    Do you think he will improve more as a player staying at Zenit or by playing his trade at Lyon this season?
    Do you think players are more likely to make a move to a bigger club from Lyon or Zenit?
    On the otherhand:
    Lyon doesn't play CL this year
    He is going because of Bosz, high chance that he will get fired this or next year (historically proven)
    Bunch of Lyon players who have high potential but couldn't make a transfer (Greedy owner?)
    Long contract, so it will be even harder for him to move to a good club
    At Zenith he just has to wait a year and he could at the very least go to Porto or something, but probably even a better club.

Comment

Making room for Sardar at OL?

Burnley sign Cornet from Lyon for €15M
      https://www.thescore.com/eng_fed/news/2194056

And I thought Zenit was asking too much...CSKA making a killing

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-nikola-vlasic

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
        Dude the guy loves his mom and horses ... he's an hour plane ride from home ... he is a king there; CL. Zenit have no other forwards except for an aging Dzuuuuubbaaa ...
        What plane ride from St. Petersburg to tehran is 1 hr lol? Traveling at speed of light?

Comment

Thank you Babak for your answers, my youngest son is being very demanding 😀 so I will read through it properly later.

Comment

He better stay and walk for free next year. Lyon is not much of upgrade. It is just a better league.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
              On the otherhand:
              Lyon doesn't play CL this year
              He is going because of Bosz, high chance that he will get fired this or next year (historically proven)
              Bunch of Lyon players who have high potential but couldn't make a transfer (Greedy owner?)
              Long contract, so it will be even harder for him to move to a good club
              At Zenith he just has to wait a year and he could at the very least go to Porto or something, but probably even a better club
              Lyon missed out on CL qualification on the last day. Most people here were excited about roma move, a worse squad who performed like garbage last year and would be a huge surprise if they qualified for CL this year. of course many of us only see brand names and won’t let our vision does not extend into reality.

Reality is azmoun has now agreed personal terms with 2 teams this summer, leverkusen and lyon. He has rebuffed every single zenit extension offer to the point they actually agreed a fee with lyon basically the same as the one they earlier told leverkusen was insufficient. They thought they could get more for him, they couldn’t, they thought they might be able to try another extension attempt, he rejected. The guy clearly wants out. His super motivated performances in past weeks honestly might just be him trying to convince suitors to pay up.

Given his track record if lyon, leverkusen were the only teams that made official offers for ~eU 15 mio then I have a hard time believing teams of a significantly better level (Dortmund, top 5 PL, Milan clubs) will be offering him starting spot next year on a free. Maybe at best he could go to a team like atalanta and there not be guaranteed anything.

Is it worth it to spend 1 more yesr of his absolute prime at zenit instead of going to lyon, just to go a team like Atalanta in a year?A great year in Lyon would attract much better suitors.
              And why do people keep bringing up this CL argument? Zenit were in CL last year and if anything that hurt azmouns reputation. They played horribly, forced him to play when he was coming out of a long covid layoff, gave him zero service, and lost to true crap like Brugge.

This same lyon was in a CL semi final two years ago, something leverkusen in the past years have never even come close to achieving. I agree bundesliga is better than france but the difference is honestly not so great to warrant staying at zenit another year just to move to leverkusen or another team not named leipzig bayern Dortmund. Anyways with sardar lyon could make a deep EL run that includes many high profile teams as well, better than finishing dead last of your CL group two years in a row like zenit

Comment

Zenit are closing in on laborde acc to French outlets.

He has multiple years left on contract but seems Montpellier want to cash in this summer

Opening 14 m bid rejected, montpellier want somewhere in 15-20 range, so not much more.

He already agreed important personal terms/approved of zenit interest some months ago if you remember, so he’s been their first choice sardar replacement for a while

Comment

We have to respect whatever choice Sardar makes, but I cant stop repeating a point I have been making for weeks now: Our top players lack world class agents/managers (Raiola/Mendez etc.), which leads to odd and often underwhelming transfers and bad career moves.

No one is a big fan of the Russian league, but is Lyon really the best option for the undisputed MVP of the Russian League and one of the best strikers in Europe??

If Sardar had a world class agent/manager he would have either tried to install him at a decent (top 5) Italian/Spanish/German team before August 31st, or advised him to sit out his contract and make the move in summer of 2022 as free agent. His apparent choice for Lyon simply shows he is surrounded by people lacking deep experience and networks to materialise his full potential. You really think Sardar is happy with a move to Lyon after being heavily linked to Sevilla/AC Milan/Everton/Napoli/Roma. No he is not, but its the best his entourage can get him right now, so he jumps on it. Sad!

2 other issues that I often see come by that simply aren't true:

1) If Sardar was European/South American/African he would have been signed by elite clubs by now. Please stop the self-victimisation that we Iranians often fall prey to. If you perform wel, and more importantly, have a big shot agent/manager you will make a dream move. Periode! Sardar lacks the latter unfortunately.....

Dont forget that prior to the time that agents were running the football world (90's/early 2000's), we had 3 IRANIAN players at fuc***g Bayern Munich!! Players moving from freaking Aboomoslem Khorassan directly to the EPL (Teymourian/Bolton)!! We even had 3 guys at the same time at Bayer Leverkusen (Yazdani/Mousavi/Pashazadeh), al moving directly from Iran to Bundesliga. And that Leverkusen was title contender at the time!!

2) Impossible to move to a good/elite European club from Russian league. False! Sardar's teammate at Zenit moved to PSG some years ago, and this Croatian guy Vlasic just moved for 30 Mil to West Ham (whilst also being chased by AC Milan and some other teams)

In sum, Sardar to Lyon is simply underwhelming, has nothing to do with his performance over the years or his ethnicity, simply driven by his mediocre and out of touch management team!

Comment

Originally posted by CBT View Post
                    We have to respect whatever choice Sardar makes, but I cant stop repeating a point I have been making for weeks now: Our top players lack world class agents/managers (Raiola/Mendez etc.), which leads to odd and often underwhelming transfers and bad career moves.

No one is a big fan of the Russian league, but is Lyon really the best option for the undisputed MVP of the Russian League and one of the best strikers in Europe??

If Sardar had a world class agent/manager he would have either tried to install him at a decent (top 5) Italian/Spanish/German team before August 31st, or advised him to sit out his contract and make the move in summer of 2022 as free agent. His apparent choice for Lyon simply shows he is surrounded by people lacking deep experience and networks to materialise his full potential. You really think Sardar is happy with a move to Lyon after being heavily linked to Sevilla/AC Milan/Everton/Napoli/Roma. No he is not, but its the best his entourage can get him right now, so he jumps on it. Sad!

1) If Sardar was European/South American/African he would have been signed by elite clubs by now. Please stop the self-victimisation that we Iranians often fall prey to. If you perform wel, and more importantly, have a big shot agent/manager you will make a dream move. Periode! Sardar lacks the latter unfortunately.....

Dont forget that prior to the time that agents were running the football world (90's/early 2000's), we had 3 IRANIAN players at fuc***g Bayern Munich!! Players moving from freaking Aboomoslem Khorassan directly to the EPL (Teymourian/Bolton)!! We even had 3 guys at the same time at Bayer Leverkusen (Yazdani/Mousavi/Pashazadeh), al moving directly from Iran to Bundesliga. And that Leverkusen was title contender at the time!!

2) Impossible to move to a good/elite European club from Russian league. False! Sardar's teammate at Zenit moved to PSG some years ago, and this Croatian guy Vlasic just moved for 30 Mil to West Ham (whilst also being chased by AC Milan and some other teams)

In sum, Sardar to Lyon is simply underwhelming, has nothing to do with his performance over the years or his ethnicity, simply driven by his mediocre and out of touch management team!
                    [emoji108]Post of the freaking month

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CBT View Post
                      Who were the agents of Daei, Hashemian and Karimi? Who were the agents of Pashazadeh and Yazdani (Mousavi never played for Leverkusen)? Who was Teymourian's agent etc? Let me tell you who they were, the same Aliasghari agents of Azmoun and co. Fact is that the world (including Europe) has changed a great deal since the 90's and on. So your "agent" argument is flawed, clubs themselves have great scouting agents and do not sit still until miracle agents knock on their door, that's not how the transfermarket works my friend. Fact is that Iran and the West are having huge problems, much bigger than in the past and if you want to believe that politics do not play a role in sports (remember Nike ordering TM players to not wear their brand etc) you are mistaken. Azmoun is not playing for Juve or AC Milan or Atalanta etc due to this fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                        Who were the agents of Daei, Hashemian and Karimi? Who were the agents of Pashazadeh and Yazdani (Mousavi never played for Leverkusen)? Who was Teymourian's agent etc? Let me tell you who they were, the same Aliasghari agents of Azmoun and co. Facts is that the world (including Europe) has changed a great deal since the 90's and on. So your "agent" argument is flawed, clubs themselves have great scouting agents and do not sit still until miracle agents knock on their door, that's not how the transfermarket works my friend. Fact is that Iran and the West are having huge problems, much bigger that in the past and if you want to believe that politics do not play a role in sports (remember Nike ordering TM players to not where their brand etc) you are mistaken. Azmoun is not playing for Juve or AC Milan or Atalanta etc due to this fact.
                        Exactly, spot on!

Comment

I think there is something to be said about agent, but also you have to look at all the factors.

First of all azmoun had a top agent named ramadani directing all his shit last summer with napoli/milan interest, it didnt lead to anything. So he did try to simply "hire a top agent".

This year ramadani was representing him in italian market, couldnt make roma pay up for him.

So clearly, it is not all agent related, their are few more reputable agents than this guy.

I think its a combination of people not wanting to deal with zenit who are only asking for up front cash, iranian brand being horrible in europe, and Russian league having very weak recent history of exports. For example sevilla was interested in azmoun, but their last RPL signing was Quincy promes, who like sardar tore up RPL and performed in CL/EL too. He was a huge bust, that probably made them unlikely to pay big money for an RPL player again...

If you think the only reason azmoun isnt at a top club is agent then you are out of touch with reality a bit imo. For sure it has an impact but an agent cannot force the clubs to buy their client.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            I think there is something to be said about agent, but also you have to look at all the factors.
                            First of all azmoun had a top agent named ramadani directing all his shit last summer with napoli/milan interest, it didnt lead to anything. So he did try to simply "hire a top agent".
                            This year ramadani was representing him in italian market, couldnt make roma pay up for him.
                            So clearly, it is not all agent related, their are few more reputable agents than this guy.
                            I think its a combination of people not wanting to deal with zenit who are only asking for up front cash, iranian brand being horrible in europe, and Russian league having very weak recent history of exports. For example sevilla was interested in azmoun, but their last RPL signing was Quincy promes, who like sardar tore up RPL and performed in CL/EL too. He was a huge bust, that probably made them unlikely to pay big money for an RPL player again...
                            If you think the only reason azmoun isnt at a top club is agent then you are out of touch with reality a bit imo. For sure it has an impact but an agent cannot force the clubs to buy their client.
                            Agreed, I think the agent argument only has slight legs if someone is referring to the agent giving the client bad advice on where to sign and stay, and you have a naive player who follows the agent's advice to a "T" without any input or decisionmaking of their own. But with regards to agents being responsible for clubs not being aware of a player, that's just archaic thinking. These clubs have scouts all over the place, and with the state of technology and ease of information dissemination, they don't leave any stone unturned. So to think that an agent is the cause of big teams not having heard of Azmoun or being the reason for them not knocking on the door is just absurd.

Comment

MOTM....of course

Comment

Lequipe : zenit have little time to find a replacement for azmoun. If they don't, they will block azmoun transfer to lyon

Comment

Working...
                                X