Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely depends as well on the Cornet deal going through . Lyon have accepted the 15 million offer from Burnley but Cornet has not put his Ok to the deal yet, they are meeting tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      An amount initially set at € 20 million by the Zénith
      At the start of the summer, Zenith Saint Petersburg set an amount of € 20 million to sell its player to whom only one year of contract remains. This versatile striker is convinced by the opportunity to play for Peter Bosz with whom he has already traded on several occasions. But pending several sales (Cornet, Aouar ...), Lyon does not have an expandable envelope.

This confirms what i read on Lyon Forum...

I can see this happen. It seems Azmoun really wants to go and Zenit needs a motivated player.

11 million will become 13+ (i guess) with a few clausules it can easily be around the 20 million Zenit opted for.
      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Indeed, according to L'Equipe , OL have drawn a proposal of 11 million euros for the 26-year-old striker. A crucial first step in this file. But perhaps not the last, knowing that the Zenith Saint-Petersburg is asking for 20 ME to release an element at the end of the contract in a year. In discussion with Bosz in recent days, Azmoun could in any case push to join OL. But before finalizing this deal, Lyon may have to wait until they have sold Cornet or Aouar, just to make a second offer that meets the expectations of the Russian club.

Source: https://www.foot01.com/equipe/ol/ol-...-azmoun-385327

Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          well article says this is the first official offer...They will probably up it to 15 but not much more. I expect it to be the same fee that zenit rejected from leverkusen earlier. Maybe this time as they realize no time for other bidders and with a bit of push from sardar they will accept and quickly take laborde as replacement
          i think this is the only realistic scenario that this move could materialize...!!
          i really hope it fails to go through... very disappointing transfer as far as im concerned ...!

btw

Comment

i must say about the only thing great about a possible OL switch is the fact that the coach is very fond of sardar and even more important is that he likes playing attractive, ATTACKING Style of Football ..!!
            that is a huge Plus actually with this possible transfer ...!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              i must say about the only thing great about a possible OL switch is the fact that the coach is very fond of sardar and even more important is that he likes playing attractive, ATTACKING Style of Football ..!!
              Mehrdad jan, we have to also be a little realistic.
              Leverkusen,Lyon,Roma are all similar level teams. This is just a fact looking at their squads and euro performances in past few seasons objectively.

Yes italy and germany are stronger championships, but in Roma mou will play quite defensive football and there is no guarantee they even make top 5 let alone secure a CL place in his first season, in Leverkusen he would have much more competition for the starting role from day 1. In lyon Bosz has chased him when he was at ajax, when he was leverkusen, and is now basically forcing him down the throats of lyon board. That to me is a guy who will start him from day 1. The league is very high scoring and he will put him in the correct position to shine a lot. The midfield behind him of Paqueta, Caqueret, and Guimaraes is one of the most exciting in europe and if they get azmoun to go with shaqiri and some of the bright young wingers they have they will score a fvkton of goals, even if their defense leaks a lot.

Is it worth missing out on that just to make a similar transfer as a free agent in 1 yr time (or for the sake of argument, lets say to a slightly better side like Atalanta), I'm not sure. One thing is for sure, shine in lyon and he wont be short on top offers, and he will be playing for a club that are famed for flipping players for solid profit without too much of a fuss.

Basically this potential move is the one that gives him highest likelihood of keeping up his insane output and maintaining top form in leadup to WC. The others risk that. He could keep producing big numbers at zenit but it wont push the needle in terms of a better future offer than these 4 aforementioned teams. There wont be any dortmund or atletico coming in for sardar from Zenit, we can just accept that by now. But 1 big year in lyon and a solid WC showing? That could change a lot.

I just fail to see the potential benefit he gets over another year of his prime at zenit. Whereas moving to lyon has a decent potential to catapult him to the level we think he is really at.

Comment

If you're looking pound for pound at the quality of this Zenit team vs Lyon, they are quite even as evidenced by the last UCL performances. Sardar even scored a nice goal against Lyon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_1KUhfnIU

But the fact is at least in France he will for this season have higher quality opposition. I mean he will get to go against this insane PSG roster for starters. Lille are also no pushovers having won the league. Europa league while not ideal is still good quality. And like others have mentioned, he will get far more exposure if he performs at his usual level in this league, setting him up for a big upgrade the following season.

Comment

I’ll just say that scoring 20 goals in Ligue 1 will get more attention than scoring 20 goals in RPL

At face value, a move to Lyon is pretty much just a lateral move but when you consider how much better competition he’ll be facing in the league and the more attention Lyon gets then it is an upgrade even if it’s not as big of an upgrade as we would’ve liked

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                    I’ll just say that scoring 20 goals in Ligue 1 will get more attention than scoring 20 goals in RPL
                    At face value, a move to Lyon is pretty much just a lateral move but when you consider how much better competition he’ll be facing in the league and the more attention Lyon gets then it is an upgrade even if it’s not as big of an upgrade as we would’ve liked
                    that is true. im getting more and more ok with the move. considering memphis depay crushing it, scoring 63 goals in 139 games and now playing at barcelona..
                    but i have a feeling its no move or a rich english team will pay up.
                    but still i say, fk the french
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                      that is true. im getting more and more ok with the move. considering memphis depay crushing it, scoring 63 goals in 139 games and now playing at barcelona..
                      but still i say, fk the french
                      I'll admit a move to Lyon isn't all that exciting but another thing to consider is that with Messi moving to PSG, more eyes will be on Ligue 1 than ever

Azmoun taking on a new challenge and getting tf out of Russia is something to be excited about itself tho lol

Comment

Bosz's last 2 teams came crashing down hard. Hopefully Lyon doesn't end in turmoil.

Comment

Rmc sport says 12 millions now :

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            Agreed, but also there is higher level of competition in FR than Russia AND, importantly, Sardar will now be training with top internationals from Portugal, Belgium, France and the like! As opposed to now, he is basically the only bonafide international on Zenit (outside of the Russians). I think training with some of the world's best will help to improve his game, rather than being the best player on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Rmc sport says 12 millions now :
                              i bet if they lowered the price, zenith probably have bonuses if he scores an amoung of goals or plays a specific amount of games. and probably a clausule of % when he gets sold again.
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Just to add, 1 or 2 members said that if he stays with Zenit and has a good WC next year, he will have better options afterwards. We gotta remember that the WC is not after this season, but in Nov./December 2022, which basically means it will be during the winterbreak of the 2022/23 season.

About Lyon, not the best possible move, but the deadline is only a week away. With Memphis gone, Sardar has the potential to lead their attack. The weakest out of the top 5 leagues, but what matters is takin a step up from Russia.

There will be some exciting matches in the league against the likes of Monaco, Lille, Marseille and of course PSG. Besides that, Lyon are strong enough to make a deep run in the europa league. Also their coach has been keen on Sardar for years now and wanted him when he was at Leverkusen. Before that when he was in charge of Ajax, Sardar scored a brace and eliminated them from the CL.

Lets see what happens in the next 7 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X