This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    Diaz was very underwhelming for Chile in Copa. Cant speak to how he's doing in the Championship, but Sardar is 5 times the striker he is.
    Doesn’t matter. He has an English pass. Immediately 30% markup.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Doesn’t matter. He has an English pass. Immediately 30% markup.
      That is an issue in the English game. Over inflated prices on young English players - there are various different factors for it and often leads to them not living up to their price tag. Bigger clubs do well from it too - bring these players through their academy or buy them young and then sell them on for an inflated prices. Liverpool did it the past few seasons with Jordan Ibe, Dom Solanke, Rhian Brewster etc and apart from Solanke now performing well in the Championship they have mainly struggled with the issue.

To be fair to Diaz he has played very well this season - he can assist as well as score and they are hoping he will turn out to be Bowen instead of a Dan James.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        That is an issue in the English game. Over inflated prices on young English players - there are various different factors for it and often leads to them not living up to their price tag. Bigger clubs do well from it too - bring these players through their academy or buy them young and then sell them on for an inflated prices. Liverpool did it the past few seasons with Jordan Ibe, Dom Solanke, Rhian Brewster etc and apart from Solanke now performing well in the Championship they have mainly struggled with the issue.

To be fair to Diaz he has played very well this season - he can assist as well as score and they are hoping he will turn out to be Bowen instead of a Dan James.
        I’d also add that with Diaz they don’t need to worry about assimilation to English footy. While I think Sardar can take it physically and I don’t anticipate he would have a learning curve the size of ARJ or other legionnaires, I would say that the element of risk that concerns me most is sardar’s durability and ability to stay healthy. With Diaz that won’t be a thing and don’t need to worry about him adapting to the English game.

Of course though Sardar has 10x the quality of Diaz, they are not the same caliber of player and Newcastle would be extremely lucky to have Sardar.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

By SIMON JONES FOR THE DAILY MAIL
          PUBLISHED: 23:17 GMT, 3 January 2022 | UPDATED: 00:29 GMT, 4 January 2022

Newcastle United seek to hijack Lyon's move for Zenit St Petersburg striker Sardar Azmoun in a bid to bolster Eddie Howe's attacking ranks
          Zenit St Petersburg striker Sardar Azmoun is attracting lots of January interest
          The 27-year-old Iranian international is out of contract at Zenit in the summer
          Lyon have agreed terms with the players but they are only willing to pay £3m
          That has left the door ajar for Newcastle to try to sign the Zenit striker in January

Newcastle United have made fresh enquiries for Zenit St Petersburg's prolific striker Sardar Azmoun.

The 27-year-old Iranian international is out of contract in the summer and has been in talks over a move to Lyon.
          However, despite outlining terms over a four and a half year contract, the French side were unwilling to pay more than £3million to sign him this month.
          Newcastle have made a fresh move for Zenit St Petersburg striker Sardar Azmoun
          Azmoun has scored 11 times this season and impressed with goals in the Champions League against Chelsea and Juventus.
          Newcastle are finalising discussions over a fee for Atletico Madrid's Kieran Trippier but have been rebuffed in their initial £30m bid to sign centre back Sven Botman from Lille, who say the Dutch defender is not for sale.
          Azmoun impressed with goals in the Champions League against Chelsea and Juventus
          https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ar-Azmoun.html
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYRa2X0NRC8/
            https://www.instagram.com/p/CYRa2X0N...on_share_sheet
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

"He could be a real star of Iranian and Asian football for years to come."

Comment

Although Newcastle isn’t ideal, I’d prefer it over Lyon. They’re being aggressive by going after Azmoun, Tripper, and Botman in this window. If they can pull that off, they should be able to get out of relegation and have a better season next year

Comment

wonder if leicester will go after him, they had irani fever before,, went for arj and once signed kaebi

btw heres a longshot just for fun.
                  https://www.livescore.com/en/news/tr...0310360960893/
                  so tottenham goes for lukaku and gets him, spot opens in chelsea and the russian owner knows about azmoun offcource, so they get sardar

probably wont happen offcource since they just payed £97.5m for him but heey its that season for fun speculations..just need another intervue from lukaku and u never know
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                    btw heres a longshot just for fun.
                    https://www.livescore.com/en/news/tr...0310360960893/
                    so tottenham goes for lukaku and gets him, spot opens in chelsea and the russian owner knows about azmoun offcource, so they get sardar
                    I love the madness of your connect-the-dots method! Just crazy enough that it may work lol

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      I love the madness of your connect-the-dots method! Just crazy enough that it may work lol
                      lol thx!

Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                        wonder if leicester will go after him, they had irani fever before,, went for arj and once signed kaebi
                        I'm sure Hoorad will chime in, but I dont think LCFC is in the market for a striker. Vardy is still playing at a high level, Iheanacho has had a revival, and they just got Daka who's been good when featured.

Comment

This is a Newcastle Fan Twitter account and they have posted some nice videos of his goals and assists from last season I think
                          https://mobile.twitter.com/yournufc/...83734151483393

Zenit English Twitter account really bigging him up at the moment.
                          This link is to them replying to a post saying he is the best Winter signing - https://mobile.twitter.com/fczenit_e...19920035340289
                          Then this one is them putting him forward for goal of their season so far (which you can vote for on their website) - https://mobile.twitter.com/fczenit_e...07095351017473

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                            Dream move tbh. Newcastle. Saudis. Championship. Very exciting hope it happens.

Comment

What a disaster. He went from Sevilla and Leverkusen in the summer to Lyon and Newcastle in the winter. 6 more months and he’ll get offers from Sholehzard Pazi Qom. What a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                                What a disaster. He went from Sevilla and Leverkusen in the summer to Lyon and Newcastle in the winter. 6 more months and he’ll get offers from Sholehzard Pazi Qom. What a mess.

baba, relaxt, everything is going to be allright ; - )
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X