This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
    I do not understand the Lyon attraction. They cannot pay him. The coach who is now managing his 10th club will probably be fired before the end of the season. The sporting director who was there in their glory days is leaving. They are trying to get rid of the Liverpool player they just bought. They got a player on loan from Chelsea who Chelsea wants to take back. Their fans appear to be a bunch of hoodlums. He cannot speak the language. The club maybe on up for sale soon. What is the attraction? Is there a horse racing scene nearby?

Usually, when a team is willing to sacrifice so much to obtain a player...it's a bad sign. I mean look at what's going on with this club...Underperforming, the Juninho guy is leaving, they are trying to sell Shakiri because of lack of funds, can't even put up a measly amount (4 million) for the transfer and the Chelsea loanee is leaving too. This coach is hoping for a golden hen that can help him turn things around at the club.

Unfortunately, this reminds me a lot of the AJ Brighton saga when he was non-stop courted by Hughton (again, obsessively)...He underperformed, not unexpected given the team and pressure of being a marquee signing, and the coach got sacked. The main difference here is that AJ got a fantastic payday out of his stint. Sardar is going to be GIVING UP MONEY to go to a mediocre mid-table french team playing in a mediocre domestic league.

Now I don't think Sardar is anywhere as average a player as AJ and I do like to think he can succeed anywhere with his attributes but there will be places where he can thrive and Lyon is NOT one of them.

If I'm wrong, all the better but I truly do hope he goes to either EPL, La Liga or Bundesliga...Heck even the Italian league is more fun (although financially on the edge of collapse).

Comment

Happy 27th birthday to Sardar!

Transfer window is now open

Comment

Damn, time fly fast. Inghar hamin diroz bod he turned 18!
        8 yrs in freaking russia already..

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

seems lyon will get weaker as emerson might be recalled by chelsea. things falling apart fast in OL

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
            Happy 27th birthday to Sardar!

Transfer window is now open
            Ali I love you!!! Don't let anyone take our love away from us!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              Damn, time fly fast. Inghar hamin diroz bod he turned 18!
              8 yrs in freaking russia already..

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
              27 already?!?!!?! GOD DAMN!!!

Chegadhr vaght zood migzare!

Comment

Originally posted by Sholehzard View Post
                seems lyon will get weaker as emerson might be recalled by chelsea. things falling apart fast in OL

YUMMY IN MY TUMMY I LOVE SHOLEHZARD!!!

Comment

What are the others striker that could move next summer, and in competition with Azmoun to get a spot in good Europeans teams?

Mbappe, Haaland, Vlahovic, Haller, Aubamyang, Lacazette, Belotti, Isak, Dembele.

Add to the mix, the following that could move : icardi, morata, werner, cavani, zapata

Comment

https://m.calciomercato.com/news/l-a...essi-che-84649

Atlanta still interested according to this site (which I think is a reputable one) - saying they will make him a contract offer.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      What are the others striker that could move next summer, and in competition with Azmoun to get a spot in good Europeans teams?

Mbappe, Haaland, Vlahovic, Haller, Aubamyang, Lacazette, Belotti, Isak, Dembele.

Add to the mix, the following that could move : icardi, morata, werner, cavani, zapata
                      List of players on a free contract at the end of the season
                      https://mobile.twitter.com/FootieWri...36182835650560

Comment

It would be the strangest move in my football experience if he chooses Lyon, I don’t see the upside of it, the team, the league and the money. If he doesn’t have any offers now and zenit isn’t pushing for a sale he should sit tight and wait for the summer. Maybe by then better offers will come his way. Unless there is something we all don’t know about the Lyon deal, this is too strange for me
                        United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          https://m.calciomercato.com/news/l-a...essi-che-84649

Atlanta still interested according to this site (which I think is a reputable one) - saying they will make him a contract offer.
                          Full Article. Comments section is italian fans questioning why juventus do not enter race for him too:

Programming and design , in recent years, are words that all football fans have learned to associate with the term Atalanta . A virtuous and winning management, that of the Percassi family, which after bringing the Goddess to Europe has managed to confirm itself and is continuing to improve, year after year. On the field, but also on the market, as evidenced by the shot Jeremie Boga, closed even before the winter transfer session officially opens. In Bergamo, however, they do not like to wait and in fact they are already at work for next summer .

MESSI D'IRAN - The goal is to give Gian Piero Gasperini another first striker, who can alternate with Duvan Zapata waiting to know the future of Luis Muriel, who can leave the Nerazzurri next summer - more than this January. The target is Sardar Azmoun , a striker born in 1995 owned by Zenit St. Petersburg. The Iranian Messi , as they dubbed him in his country, is about to expire in June and for this reason is receiving very important offers, of over three million euros net per season, with Lyon in the front row .

FROM MOU TO GASP - Serie A, however, touched it many times in recent years Azmoun: last summer José Mourinho had indicated him as the ideal striker for his Roma , before the Giallorossi went on Abraham; a couple of years ago, Napoli had tried to bring him to Italy . Now it is Atalanta's turn, which as a salary cap does not usually go beyond two, two and a half million a year, but can offer Azmoun a top-level project. The choice rests with the player, who scored against an Italian, Juventus, in this edition of the Champions League. The Goddess also signs up for the Iranian Messi race .

Comment

Happy 27th birthday!

Comment

Darly Dike from MLS orlando just got signed by west brom for 9 million.

It's really hard not to notice the Iranian discount angle, why Azmoun has very little interest and isn't costing that much.
                              Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                                Darly Dike from MLS orlando just got signed by west brom for 9 million.

It's really hard not to notice the Iranian discount angle, why Azmoun has very little interest and isn't costing that much.
                                Not the same. If Azmoun was attainable at 9 million without approaching Free Agency, he’d easily have been bought by now.

Also West Brom is a Championship club

Comment

Working...
                                X