This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    SkySports reporting on Newcastle transfer targets - “ Strikers are on the radar too and they have been looking at Sardar Azmoun, the Zenit St Petersburg forward who scored against Chelsea in the Champions League earlier this month.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...orter-notebook

I think by the end of this season he may possibly have been linked with nearly every team in the Premier League over his career.
    I wonder if Azmoun is a recommendation from Amanda Staveley's husband, Mehrdad Ghodoussi?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      I wonder if Azmoun is a recommendation from Amanda Staveley's husband, Mehrdad Ghodoussi?
      Could be, she owns 10% of Newcastle and sits on the board. She is the one that made the deal happen for the Saudis 😁

Comment

Dream move tbh. Newcastle. Saudis. Championship. Very exciting hope it happens.

Comment

I’ve heard he’s a big fan of JonJo Shelvey and Matt Ritchie.

I think this is all they report it as - he is being looked into. The article also goes on to explain that they are looking at ‘stop-gap’
          Players to get in Jan to take them through till the end of the season and don’t want to spend big money until they are guaranteed to be in the Prem next season.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
            lol true that..!! 😂

I’ve heard he’s a big fan of JonJo Shelvey and Matt Ritchie.

I think this is all they report it as - he is being looked into. The article also goes on to explain that they are looking at ‘stop-gap’
            Players to get in Jan to take them through till the end of the season and don’t want to spend big money until they are guaranteed to be in the Prem next season.
            the risk of ending up in championship is high and rather disastrous to his career..!!
            perhaps, if he joins up on a real high personal pay-package, then if they are demoted, they'll be forced to trade him off in summer ..!? but knowing Saudi goons bankrolling them, they may well keep him on as spite..!!

Comment

Best song: "RAP"

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                lol true that..!! 😂

the risk of ending up in championship is high and rather disastrous to his career..!!
                perhaps, if he joins up on a real high personal pay-package, then if they are demoted, they'll be forced to trade him off in summer ..!? but knowing Saudi goons bankrolling them, they may well keep him on as spite..!!
                It is very common to have a release clause if they get demoted.

Comment

SkySports reporting on Newcastle transfer targets - “ Strikers are on the radar too and they have been looking at Sardar Azmoun, the Zenit St Petersburg forward who scored against Chelsea in the Champions League earlier this month.”

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...orter-notebook

I think by the end of this season he may possibly have been linked with nearly every team in the Premier League over his career.
                  Lol what's next? Barsnley fc considering him?

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
                    For every player you listed that didn’t thrive in Western Europe there’s a list of the few of those who did: Hashemian, Mahdavikia, Nekonaum…[emoji2371]
                    Did Hashemian really thrive in Europe? I don't think having 2 good years equals thriving.
                    Mahdavikia and Nekonaum did well and arguably the only Iranian players who did have a long thriving career which made an impact and was remembered upon even after they left the club. However neither player played in Premier League nor any Iranian player ever has done well in PL. Jahanbakhsh was doing well and he got torn apart in PL, even in a less than average team like Brighton. It was mostly mentally and sadly it will take him such a long time to return to his prime. Not to mention what happened to Ali Karimi in Europe, the guy could just stay in lesser leagues and keep his confidence up for TM dribbling through super teams like Germany. But he went there got injured, because of the hardships he had to endure and that he was not used to do so.
                    To even suggest Sardar to go to Liverpool is like a death sentence to his career. Don't even mention it please it is ridiculous. Lyon is fine but not necessary, best place to thrive is Russia where he has developed his game at, got used to the language and the culture and has a good social structure around him to support his well being. Don't send the kid to another country, he will definitely not get any better. You learn most of your skills before age of 25 anyways, after than it is just how confident you are to use them, and how you keep your fitness up. He is doing well there and he is getting better at equipping his skills and vision in the game, I really like the player he has become and would love to see him keep playing in the same country and league that he is so accustomed to do before returning to Iran or some well paying league like MLS/Chinese/Arab leagues in his 30s.

Comment

For the love of God, PLEASE NO ENGLAND, meant to be a disaster!! 😡

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalPassion View Post
                        Did Hashemian really thrive in Europe? I don't think having 2 good years equals thriving.
                        Mahdavikia and Nekonaum did well and arguably the only Iranian players who did have a long thriving career which made an impact and was remembered upon even after they left the club. However neither player played in Premier League nor any Iranian player ever has done well in PL. Jahanbakhsh was doing well and he got torn apart in PL, even in a less than average team like Brighton. It was mostly mentally and sadly it will take him such a long time to return to his prime. Not to mention what happened to Ali Karimi in Europe, the guy could just stay in lesser leagues and keep his confidence up for TM dribbling through super teams like Germany. But he went there got injured, because of the hardships he had to endure and that he was not used to do so.
                        To even suggest Sardar to go to Liverpool is like a death sentence to his career. Don't even mention it please it is ridiculous. Lyon is fine but not necessary, best place to thrive is Russia where he has developed his game at, got used to the language and the culture and has a good social structure around him to support his well being. Don't send the kid to another country, he will definitely not get any better. You learn most of your skills before age of 25 anyways, after than it is just how confident you are to use them, and how you keep your fitness up. He is doing well there and he is getting better at equipping his skills and vision in the game, I really like the player he has become and would love to see him keep playing in the same country and league that he is so accustomed to do before returning to Iran or some well paying league like MLS/Chinese/Arab leagues in his 30s.
                        Hashemian might have not been an amazing striker but he still had a successful, lengthy career overall. He stayed in Bundesliga for many Many years and was always wanted by other teams even after his prime, which is why he had a lengthy Bundesliga career.

The fact that he was 3rd in scoring even for one season is still pretty decent and more than most players ever achieve.

Considering he was able to consistently perform at Bundesliga level and scored some great goals with a lengthy career there, I'd say he did thrive in Europe.

Comment

Another article speculating over Azmoun's transfer to Newcastle United.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/12/2...ransfer-zenit/
                          "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                            Newcastle United? I think I might go bang my head into a wall.

Comment

enough pussy-footing around.

join either Atalanta or bayer Lever-guzu (Is Sevilla out? was it ever serious? That wld have been magnificent) ... and start banging in goals.
                              you're at your peak for a footballer. it's not the time to dally with relegation bound teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Newcastle United? I think I might go bang my head into a wall.
                                If you’re going to bang your head in a wall for that then I’m going to make sure I send security to stop you from whatever you’ll do if he chooses Lyon
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X