This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
    This is an interesting read from Spanish sports newspaper Marca regarding the strikers, whose contracts expire next year, that they think would be beneficial to Barcelona to fill the void in January after Aguero's retirement

https://www.marca.com/apuestas-depor...3078b45e8.html

The data suggests Julian Alvarez is going to be a top player in the future, which is why big clubs are linked with him. I saw some highlights of Muani a few months back... he really looks a rough diamond of a player. So quick and skilful with his feet for a big man.
    That's why artificial intelligence is called like that. Barca sport directors are all but intelligent

Comment

Xavi’s agent is the same as Michael Laudrup’s. Last time Laudrup was in England, he basically bought in over 10 players who all happened to be represented by the same agent. This is the dirty world of football our players have to deal with.

Unless you have an agent like that you’re not going anywhere too big.

Comment

Why not Liverpool? Firminio needs a replacement, they need a target man, a great coach, a great team and they don't go for big money transfers. Azmoun has shown, repeatedly, that he can score against big teams with great defenders...
        Come on Liverpool.....
        "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
          Why not Liverpool? Firminio needs a replacement, they need a target man, a great coach, a great team and they don't go for big money transfers. Azmoun has shown, repeatedly, that he can score against big teams with great defenders...
          Come on Liverpool.....
          Because you don’t get two chances to play for Liverpool. First time Klopp approached Sardar naaz kard!

Comment

Delusions delusions delusions

that is what I read when I see you guys wishing Sardar to go to Liverpool or what not and play well.

Time and time again we've seen Iranian players decline hard when moving to top leagues where the competition is fierce.

It does no good for their mentality and performance in TM.

Sardar is doing well in Zenith, I am sure if he stayed in Russia he would be a better and more composed player in TM rather than moving to PL or and warming the benches.

A move to Lyon is ok, but not really necessary. At least he has a good chance to get enough playing time and stay in form.

... yet the delusions shall continue, I shall be called out ignorant and false, but that is fine after all we are Iranians and we never learn.

Comment

Liverpool? The only time I would want him to go to Liverpool is when Mane and Salah are in AFCON and if he prove himself. Otherwise it is a bad move as Origi, Minamino... are all in line to replace/sub in for Jota, Mane, Salah and Firminho.

Comment

I would call it wishful thinking rather than delusion. At the same time, I would not generalize what happens to Iranian players in EPL. What? We had two guys play there all together so that dooms everyone. Sardar is blessed with speed and plays on his toes and scores most of his goals on the full run. As a Chelsea fan, I can tell you he is much better than Werner who is asked to do that. Not sure if he would make Liverpool starting 11 since their two wings are finishers and they need something different in the number 9 position. Anyway, we will find out soon enough. I am with you, the best place for him is stay at Zenit.

Comment

The best team for Azmoun in England are Arsenal, Westham (so they can make a run for Champion or Europa league by finishing top 4) or Everton/Wolves who are struggling to score goals and Azmoun can come make a huge impact. Wolves has only scored 13 goal this season (Less than Salah by himself).

Comment

Originally posted by topotour View Post
                    The best team for Azmoun in England are Arsenal, Westham (so they can make a run for Champion or Europa league by finishing top 4) or Everton/Wolves who are struggling to score goals and Azmoun can come make a huge impact. Wolves has only scored 13 goal this season (Less than Salah by himself).
                    West Ham are being linked with Rubin Kazan’s Georgian forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      West Ham are being linked with Rubin Kazan’s Georgian forward.
                      hes a winger, but no means a CF.
                      Also wouldnt be surprised if west ham are monitoring sardar. They recently signed Vlasic and Kral from russia (CSKA and Spartak Moscow respectively)

Comment

Originally posted by topotour View Post

I think its been said several times in this thread that Arsenal would be the worst club for Azmoun to go to. Its quite possibly the most toxic club in the PL. Just look at how the captain spot is a revolving door and what they have done to the likes of Ozil, Xhaka, Auba, etc.

That being said, Westham and Wolves would be a good option as they are midtable teams where he has an opportunity to shine. Westham have seen what a creative striker can do with their Lingard loan spell and Wolves have a striker (jimenez) who hasnt been the same after a brutal head injury.
                        #WilmotsOUT

Comment

He could've gone to Wolves 2 years ago. Now that they've declined and Azmoun's gotten better, he should aim higher

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                            I think its been said several times in this thread that Arsenal would be the worst club for Azmoun to go to. Its quite possibly the most toxic club in the PL. Just look at how the captain spot is a revolving door and what they have done to the likes of Ozil, Xhaka, Auba, etc.
                            That being said, Westham and Wolves would be a good option as they are midtable teams where he has an opportunity to shine. Westham have seen what a creative striker can do with their Lingard loan spell and Wolves have a striker (jimenez) who hasnt been the same after a brutal head injury.
                            Arsenal are building a good team , Smith-Rowe, Saka and Odergaard are decent players. They also provide good service and have in Tierney a full back who can provide good service.
                            Xhaka has matured a lot since that incident and the toxicity is slowly leaving, first with Ozil and Aubameyang on the way out (not that the situation was always managed in the right way). The older players are being phased out and a new team is being built.

Edit - forgot to add in Martinelli as well - another young player that I like.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalPassion View Post
                              Delusions delusions delusions
                              .... after all we are Iranians and we never learn.
                              I don't get why a transfer to Liverpool would be delusional or why you have the need to generalize Iranians as folks who never learn. ????
                              How many times does Azmoun need to prove himself before he's given a proper chance in a better league? He's done that already. I think Azmoun can make it as one of the best top 10 strikers in EPL.
                              "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                                I don't get why a transfer to Liverpool would be delusional or why you have the need to generalize Iranians as folks who never learn. ????
                                How many times does Azmoun need to prove himself before he's given a proper chance in a better league? He's done that already. I think Azmoun can make it as one of the best top 10 strikers in EPL.
                                The Iranian part I take back, didn't use the correct words for it.

But the part about Liverpool and other high level teams I stand by the statement 100%. Sardar is not at the level to play nor thrive in such environment. He is not as good as you think he is, first touch is usually off, he misses more often that a top striker should etc. However the main issue is not technical, it is cultural and of basic human nature. Iranians mentality is very different than Western Europeans. Thus most Iranian players who go there do not succeed. Players like Azizi, Bagheri, Daei, Teymourian, Ali Karimi, all gifted players who did amazing in TM, but neither could foster their talents in the new environment. The thing is most people here just forsake a very important factor, a player is a human after all, and immigration is a very hard process for most humans especially when there is a cultural divide. So moving from one country to another is so daunting and challenging, hence the mental health issues which can develop.

So better way to generalize is Iranians are sentimental and they let their pride blind their judgment, thus not learning from past mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X