This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/12/1...m-striker/?amp

At least we not the only ones thinking he deserves a better move.

Comment

I am tweeting to Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City to get Azmoun for free. I can’t do it myself, can everyone contribute please! I send them this video also from YouTube, “welcome to Lyon”. Football is not political, it fking is and it’s so disgusting 🤮

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Imo Bundesliga is way overrated these days,besides Bayern. 4 CL clubs, 3 of them got eliminated and two of them in really easy groups.
        Bundesliga is a very strong league and despite Bayern consistently winning, the rest of the league is very competitive.

Also, Bayern doesn't keep winning because other teams are weak but because Bayern is an EXTEMELY well run club and they've set up a model for consistent success based on a strong philosophy and a true 'team is more important than individual' mentality, not to mention their world class youth system and ability to improve young players so they don't have to rely on massive purchases of star players who can flop completely like they do at clubs in other leagues.

Only Bayern made it past group stage this season but you can't use one season as an example to judge a league overall.

For example, Last season, all 4 Bundesliga clubs made it to round of 16.

It's a very very strong league overall. Just not as popular among neutral fans.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
          Bundesliga is a very strong league and despite Bayern consistently winning, the rest of the league is very competitive.
          Also, Bayern doesn't keep winning because other teams are weak but because Bayern is an EXTEMELY well run club and they've set up a model for consistent success based on a strong philosophy and a true 'team is more important than individual' mentality, not to mention their world class youth system and ability to improve young players so they don't have to rely on massive purchases of star players who can flop completely like they do at clubs in other leagues.
          Only Bayern made it past group stage this season but you can't use one season as an example to judge a league overall.
          For example, Last season, all 4 Bundesliga clubs made it to round of 16.
          It's a very very strong league overall. Just not as popular among neutral fans.
          I don't I am skeptical about this league. Lot of Bundesliga stars exported don't succeed in other leagues, lot of average players become goal machine there. Maybe it's due to the super open/offensive play there. A sort of eredivisie improved.

I don't remember a German club having a long run in EL recently.
          Yes they were doing good in UCL in the last years (thanks to bayern and having 4 direct spots).
          Their biggest problem is behind bayern, other club pop up during 2-3 Years and fall

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            I don't I am skeptical about this league. Lot of Bundesliga stars exported don't succeed in other leagues, lot of average players become goal machine there. Maybe it's due to the super open/offensive play there. A sort of eredivisie improved.
            I don't remember a German club having a long run in EL recently.
            Yes they were doing good in UCL in the last years (thanks to bayern and having 4 direct spots).
            Their biggest problem is behind bayern, other club pop up during 2-3 Years and fall
            You're right about the teams below Bayern popping up and down... However dortmund has been consistently up there even if they haven't gone very far in champions league lately.

About Bundesliga stars in other leagues - Bundesliga actually has a ton of great talent that end up in other leagues. Some of them succeed and some don't.

It's just that they have so many players moving to other leagues that often times we might only notice the ones who fail.

So many Bundesliga talents have done very well in other leagues.

De Bruyne is a great example and is the best player in the EPL for years now, in my opinion.

De Bruyne, Heung Min Son, Firmino, Rudiger, Kroos, among several others have gone to top leagues and done very well / same level as other players at the very least.

You're definitely right about the offensive nature of the league and how it might seem to help players score more goals but you also have to consider that for many years, the top scorers in Bundesliga didn't usually score even as many goals as top scorers in EPL or La Liga. I mean generally, you wouldn't get as many player scoring 25 goals +.

Lewandowski and Haaland have been recent exceptions to this but they're also two of the very very best strikers in the world. Maybe even the top two pure strikers.

So usually these top scorers in Bundesliga who score 20 goals + are not average. Even Patrick Schick who already has 16 goals is a great striker and was one of the best players at Euro 2020.

This is my opinion at least and I highly respect yours!

I definitely agree that Bundesliga has fallen off a bit lately and the teams below Bayern aren't doing well in champions for the most part for past few seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
              I am tweeting to Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City to get Azmoun for free. I can’t do it myself, can everyone contribute please! I send them this video also from YouTube, “welcome to Lyon”. Football is not political, it fking is and it’s so disgusting 🤮
              Sorry, no EPL for our players. Khahesh mikonam
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                Yeah, instead they should go to ADO DEN HAAG.

#MAKEADODENHAAGGREATAGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                  Payam Jan, Sardar is the only Persian player that is suited for EPL. He is strong, tall, quick, good finisher and I really believe he will succeed in EPL and that is his worth really. If I see Sardar play for Lyon it’s a major disappointment really.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    Yeah, instead they should go to ADO DEN HAAG.

#MAKEADODENHAAGGREATAGAIN
                    #Dreams

Comment

Payam Jan, Sardar is the only Persian player that is suited for EPL. He is strong, tall, quick, good finisher and I really believe he will succeed in EPL and that is his worth really. If I see Sardar play for Lyon it’s a major disappointment really.
                      Hamvatan-e aziz; Azmoun is, but the British are not. ; - )

Comment

He's Turkmen Iranian

Comment

If he gets the opportunity to transfer to EPL, he should jump at the chance.
                          "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                            If he gets the opportunity to transfer to EPL, he should jump at the chance.
                            i agree ..! even if he fails, still he can always demote back down to a respectable league/EU team from there..!
                            the biggest issues with most teams in this league is the Toxic Fan culture... they are way too impatient/demanding, flakyAF and often blatantly racist (although they mask their racist tendencies behind a thick wall of often clever sarcasm..! ) so he'd have to have a thick skin and perhaps total avoidance of fan's gossip news to fend off those psychological attacks.. .!
                            and from pure footballing perspective, most teams in EPL are bankrolled by filthy rich billionaires (often foreigners) who're forced to spend big in order to satisfy their demanding fan bases.. thus deep levels of quality competitors all vying for each spot on their team..!! hence you sardar can ill-afford to hit a long dry spells in front of the goal..!

from us Azmoun Fan's benefit perspective, it would be a dream transfer..!! Top level football competition daily filled with international stars from across the globe..! plenty of HD links to watch the game ..! tons of pre and post game news and entertainment ... from TV to english speaking Fan Forums ect..! near constant brewing of fresh off the field drama in order to keep us amused and entertained till the kick off of the next match which could often be only a short 3-4 days apart..!!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                              He's Turkmen Iranian
                              whats the meaning of this?
                              is he from the country of Turkmenistan?

otherwise this is quite nonsensical comment.
                              as if it makes sense to say I am khuzestani Iranian or A is Shirazi Iranian or B is Isfahani Iranian or ... !!!

lets just do away with all these unnecessary divides.
                              we're all Iranians, from all sorts of regions & ethnicities.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                                whats the meaning of this?
                                is he from the country of Turkmenistan?
                                otherwise this is quite nonsensical comment.
                                as if it makes sense to say I am khuzestani Iranian or A is Shirazi Iranian or B is Isfahani Iranian or ... !!!
                                lets just do away with all these unnecessary divides.
                                we're all Iranians, from all sorts of regions & ethnicities.
                                "The"s comment may have derived from the original post calling Sardar "Persian". While for many, Persian and Iranian are interchangeable, Iran is a very diverse and multiethnic country, and some Iranians may prefer to be identified as their ethnic group rather than "Persian". Of course we are all IRANIAN at our roots and hearts.

Comment

Working...
                                X